Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans run game vs. Colts run defense

BProland85

I for one will be interested to see how this plays out this year. Both the Titans and Colts did drastic measures to improve these areas, and it will be fun to watch which team wins the majority of this battle.

In case you have missed it, the Titans brought in new OGs in Levitre and Chance Warmack, and most likely a new center in Brian Schwenke along with a 2nd RB in Shonn Greene. We all know the many additions the Colts have made in the front 7.

CJ's biggest asset is his speed.  With us, that wasn't as big a factor since we had arguably the fastest front 7 in the league for several years.  But now, there doesn't seem to be as much of an emphasis on speed for our defense.  I'm interested to see how it turns out

I for one will be interested to see how this plays out this year. Both the Titans and Colts did drastic measures to improve these areas, and it will be fun to watch which team wins the majority of this battle.

In case you have missed it, the Titans brought in new OGs in Levitre and Chance Warmack, and most likely a new center in Brian Schwenke along with a 2nd RB in Shonn Greene. We all know the many additions the Colts have made in the front 7.

That's a great point. I think that every team in the AFC has done a good job of strenghtening their weaknesses. I think that the Colts, after looking at the AFC, have decided that we do not face dominant QBs in our division, but we do face great runningbacks like MJD, Foster, and CJ2K. It's clear that they have put an emphasis on stopping the run and being more stout up front. Our new direction will translate into more wins in our division.

With Luck gaining experience and working in a more efficient offensive system, I hope that we will soon have the best offense in the division, and fight to have one of the best defenses in the division. We're a long ways away from the latter, or at least until further evaluation of our newly aquired talent.

CJ's biggest asset is his speed. With us, that wasn't as big a factor since we had arguably the fastest front 7 in the league for several years. But now, there doesn't seem to be as much of an emphasis on speed for our defense. I'm interested to see how it turns out

Out of the 3, CJ was the more "easier" one to stop so to speak. And after that 200+ Arian Foster had on us, we started slowing him down. He just was able to score more. But MJD, he's the real problem. Just seems no matter what, he always has a big game against us. Glad he was out on the TNF rematch last year or that game probably would've been more closer

To me, it will be Shonn Greene against a bunch of tired BIG UGLIES :) that will be a bigger threat for the Colts come 4th qtr. than CJ2K. CJ2K's efficiency will be boosted by signing Shonn Greene, I feel.

It was that way vs the Chargers too, we will stop LT but then Michael Turner as a change of pace back will hurt us later when our D is playing with tired legs.

Bigger D or smaller faster D, sooner or later, every D will have tired legs unless they have exceptional quality depth that can be rotated in and out.

I do worry about our D vs the no huddle though.

That's a great point. I think that every team in the AFC has done a good job of strenghtening their weaknesses. I think that the Colts, after looking at the AFC, have decided that we do not face dominant QBs in our division, but we do face great runningbacks like MJD, Foster, and CJ2K. It's clear that they have put an emphasis on stopping the run and being more stout up front. Our new direction will translate into more wins in our division.

With Luck gaining experience and working in a more efficient offensive system, I hope that we will soon have the best offense in the division, and fight to have one of the best defenses in the division. We're a long ways away from the latter, or at least until further evaluation of our newly aquired talent.

Also should point out that building our team to win the division will also build it with the essentials to post season success(Aka stopping the run and being able to run it as well).

Very good discussion BProland85. We often see teams in the same division build to beat each other, and it is very interesting watching the Titans build the power running game while we are building the run defense. This could be a very nice rivalry again soon.

Schwenke was the guy I wanted, and Tennessee snagged him.

CJ's biggest asset is his speed.  With us, that wasn't as big a factor since we had arguably the fastest front 7 in the league for several years.  But now, there doesn't seem to be as much of an emphasis on speed for our defense.  I'm interested to see how it turns out

This. 

That line is...  :woah:

They should have a top running game.