Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

are we done adding players to this roster?

ColtsFanMikeC

I would love to see another OT brought in as insurance.  http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense

this is the most current list of available FA's that I could find.  I think Winston Justice, Scott Winston, and Andre Smith would all be beneficial (at the right price), as if Cherilus or Costanzo goes down, we are no where near as deep at T as we are on the interior.  If healthy, I think Ijalana will start at G and could move out to T if needed (with Thomas/Holmes/Thorton/Shipley/Satele somehow covering the interior).

There are also a number of WR's out there that I like.  Josh Cribbs, I think, would be a dynamite player in our offense and to handle return duties with Kerwynn Williams.  Ramses Barden is massive, and I think still very raw - the few Giants games I saw him in last year, I thought he had potential to be a big redzone threat.  Laurent Robinson is another that I think could improve our current group of WR's and has pretty bright upside.

There's also quite a bit of decent LBs and CBs left out there, that I think (at the right price) could provide upgrades and increase training camp competition.  http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

I would love to see another OT brought in as insurance.  http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense

this is the most current list of available FA's that I could find.  I think Winston Justice, Scott Winston, and Andre Smith would all be beneficial (at the right price), as if Cherilus or Costanzo goes down, we are no where near as deep at T as we are on the interior.  If healthy, I think Ijalana will start at G and could move out to T if needed (with Thomas/Holmes/Thorton/Shipley/Satele somehow covering the interior).

There are also a number of WR's out there that I like.  Josh Cribbs, I think, would be a dynamite player in our offense and to handle return duties with Kerwynn Williams.  Ramses Barden is massive, and I think still very raw - the few Giants games I saw him in last year, I thought he had potential to be a big redzone threat.  Laurent Robinson is another that I think could improve our current group of WR's and has pretty bright upside.

There's also quite a bit of decent LBs and CBs left out there, that I think (at the right price) could provide upgrades and increase training camp competition.  http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

If Ijalana makes the roster , he would provide depth at OT . That's the position he played at Rutgers and his first year with the Colts. I think many were projecting him at guard before signing Thomas and drafting the 2 O Lineman. But if he can't come back , we would have any Link as a proven back up OT. 

We are never done adding players to the roster.  If at any point Grigson thinks someone is better than someone he has on the roster he'll make a move.  He's proved that last year.  However, unless something unforeseen happens (like the year we signed Simon after the Eagles removed the franchise tag from him) I don't think you are going to see us sign another "big" name this off-season. 

If Ijalana makes the roster , he would provide depth at OT . That's the position he played at Rutgers and his first year with the Colts. I think many were projecting him at guard before signing Thomas and drafting the 2 O Lineman. But if he can't come back , we would have any Link as a proven back up OT.

Big Ben played at Villanova...

I guess you guys forgot who our GM is? I highly doubt we're finished. If Grigson has taught me anything in his short time of being our GM, is that he never sleeps. Constantly trying to find talent searching high & low.

And I gotta say, I respect him for that. Nothing wrong with improving

:colts:

What about Denario Alexander?  Has he resigned with San Diego?

It might be worth it to sign him to a 2yr./6m incentive laden deal.   Then if he fits he can easily be resigned upon Reggie nearing retirement.  Similar to DHB.

he was a restriced free agent and can only sign with the chargers now.

Brain farts happen to the best of us his main point is still relevant and while details are important let's not lose sight of what he was trying to get at. 

And BleedinBlue's post didn't take anything away from the point that dw49 and I don't think anyone was losing sight of anything by BleedinBlue's correction...he was just correcting dw on the school Ijalana played for.