Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I wanted to trade back

Unless the player we absolutly targeted had and unreal slide...Bjoern Werner was mocked going as high as the 5th pick not more than a couple of months ago. Werner himself said no one worked him out more than the Colts. Grigs knew the player(s) he would NOT take a drop back for..So with Werner sitting there at 24 we had to follow our board..Im good the players we got and how they will fit I think we got significanly better, filled needs that exposed us last year and confident that we can play with ANYONE.  Excited about the team we will put on the field this season.

Unless the player we absolutly targeted had and unreal slide...Bjoern Werner was mocked going as high as the 5th pick not more than a couple of months ago. Werner himself said no one worked him out more than the Colts. Grigs knew the player(s) he would NOT take a drop back for..So with Werner sitting there at 24 we had to follow our board..Im good the players we got and how they will fit I think we got significanly better, filled needs that exposed us last year and confident that we can play with ANYONE.  Excited about the team we will put on the field this season.

Since this is about the draft, I moved it to the draft forum.

and I agree with Schwamm agreeing!

I remember when we worked out Werner and everybody on the board was like "due diligence... he will be gone waaay before we pick at #24"  Well... this is why teams do their due diligence..... Grigs loves him some combine slippers... I'm still unsure about the fit, but there is no doubt in my mind that Werner (pronounced "verner") was the BPA and one of the best (if not the best) edge setter/pass rusher combos in the draft....

I like the intent of going O and D line, we needed that....but for us fans it wasn't a very sexy draft getting all of those trench guys.......somewhere out there..........a colt fan is still screamin' that we didn't draft a UDFA WR or a RB with 1 knee or some thing....LOL We will get more sexy next year.......

I like the intent of going O and D line, we needed that....but for us fans it wasn't a very sexy draft getting all of those trench guys.......somewhere out there..........a colt fan is still screamin' that we didn't draft a UDFA WR or a RB with 1 knee or some thing....LOL We will get more sexy next year.......

If this year's draft pans out well, Grigs can be all kinds of sexy in drafts for years to come.

If this year's draft pans out well, Grigs can be all kinds of sexy in drafts for years to come.

Thats what most "fans" dont understand!!   Winning starts with the GUTS of the team!! the trenches & the front lines!! Once you get that right everything else is the easy part.  I keep hearing  about how this was an ugly,  unimpressive draft...I thought it was beautiful. Because I know what its really going to allow us to do.

This just in from FNN (the Fictitious News Network) : We all know Luck took too many hits......and this reporter has learned, he has been so happy with this draft that he has been seen walking the halls and locker room at the facility without a helmet and flack jacket......we will report more fictitious news as it becomes available....

So many people are dissing our pick.  Seems like Werner could have gone in 2nd or 3rd round according to some.  I wish Mel Kiper would mind his own business.  Have not seen us graded above a C- or so.  I know some outlets have us graded higher.  Seems like the Khalid pick and the dude from Illinois have our draft crushed as bad as far as the concensus out there.  Seems the USC dude and the Illinois dude were rash picks according to the mindset of others.  Caling them a reach and all that.  What say you.