Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner = Mike Vrabel

I watched his highligh video. He moves real well for as big as he is. Looked to me like he would fit great as an NFL OLB. Watching his video and looking at  his physical stature I couldn't help but think of Mike Vrabel when watching this guy play. Vrabel was 6-4 261, played DE in College, Billy turned him into a darn good OLB in his scheme. Werner is 6-4, 266, played defensive end in college. They just looked like clones to me. If Werner turns out to be as good as Vrabel was we definitely got a great deal.

The thing that impressed me the most on his highlight video was how well he played the run and what a good tackler he was. He can run you down from the backside, he can be stout at the point of attack and when he closes is he lowers the boom and lays a good initial punch into his tackles. I think this is a nice pick.

Realizing that the OGs were probably gonna be gone.....I went into the draft liking Sylvester Williams at #24 but I'm happy with the Bjoern Werner pick.

I agree 100% that his run defense and down the line pursuit of ball carriers is impressive and he's a solid pass rusher too.

I like the pick. I definitely thought it was going to be Rhodes as well. I had actually forgotten about Werner since I didn't feel he was a natural fit in the defense. Shows what I know.

I had heard some Chris Long comparisons before the draft and heard that again last night. He seems like a legitimate threat to be a double digit sack guy. Seems like great value at the end of the 1st.