Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Al Michaels arrested and charged with DUI

Happy2BeHere

I would agree with you if this were true, there used to be a great commercial here in Boston about drug driving where they showed two people, one was a kid who got really wasted and got home by crashing his car into his yard, but avoided arrest and cops on the way home . . . the other guy was a family man out with his family at a local resturant and had a drink or two with dinner and drove home and was cut off by an errand driver and ran into a trash can (so not his fault), cops came to investigate the accident and although it was not his fault, he was near his home and merely had a drink or two with dinner he was charged with OUI . . . the moral of the commercial is that one does not have to be drunk to be OUI, thus warning some than a few drinks at dinner could be enough even tho one is otherwise okay and has all the facilities to drive . . . I tyhought it was a great commerical

Perhaps Al Micheals was like this guy as you said and it is too bad . .. but i did some serving on the internet and could not find this . . . found one source saying that he saw the road block, made an illegal uturn to avoid it and the cops saw this, went after him, pulled him over, gave him a field soberity test and then arrested him  . . .

Mug shot.....eyes are not red but glassy...looks much better than my BMV photo....

0422-al-micheals-mug-wm-1.jpg

And better than this on air pic for sure.....:)

Capture36-480x283.jpg

You have the option of being taken into custody and going to the hospital for a blood test. They'll give you this option at the time of their request to have you tested. Refuse any test, and they can garner a warrant for your blood.

You don't have to take their flawed test. You do have to take A test.

But then they can see everything I'm using :(

if he is convicted it is just a matter of time

I disagree - that would be simply ridiculous.

yeah marv lost his job for a while. not sure the exact circumstances. but i agree there is no way michael's job is in jeopardy with the info at hand

i'm sure michael's will have top notch defense & wouldn't be surprised one bit if the charges are dropped

I remember the exact circumstances. I've been trying to get the image out of my mind ever since. That's essentially why he was fired, because NOBODY would want to watch him anymore because they couldn't get the image out of their mind.

It's a testament to the human ability to forget (or rather lack of ability to remember) that he ever came back to work, and a testament to the networks shrewdness that they recognized when it was safe to do so.

Well we all should exercise caution if we are unsure. I don't give Michaels a free pass on this one at all. IMO their is no difference between being "a little over the limit" or "a lot over the limit"....sure call me stringent but it makes sense to me that rules are established for a reason. However, I do believe in forgiveness...we all make mistakes....fortunate that this particular one didn't cost anyone a life or significant ailment.

Of course, but what if he WAS sure. I'm not going to defend drunk drivers, but you're being a bit judgemental. I used to work for a company where it was almost a rite of passage to lose your license for drunk driving. The 1/2 dozen knuckleheads who did so seemed to get sympathy and respect from the owner (who was even worse then them) while I was viewed as an................. well lets just say, a boring adult. But that's not to say that I've NEVER gone out and had a couple of drinks.  It's rare, and I'm careful to wait before driving, but I don't have a breathalizer in my car. If I guessed inaccurately, got caught in a random search despite driving safely, and got a summons for a borderline breathilizer number, does that mean that there is "no difference" between myself and the guys from my old company...........people to whom a night out meant drinking at a strip joint until closing time, and then getting right in their car without regard to condition - multiple times per week. The only controlling factor being cash in their pockets?.

The problem is that we live in a society where it is acceptable to go out in public, drink a little bit and then drive. And we are expected to recognize when we've crossed an arbitrary line while - by definition - in a condition that reduces our ability to recognize anything. Every time I go past a bar I think "those people are in there for the sole purpose of drinking. Why aren't there police in the parking lot testing every blessed one of them BEFORE they get in their cars?"

.08 can come from cough syrup.....prescription.  Not condoning....

They pull you over...ya better be sober.....or are we living in Camelot?  Or did I say camel lot. (Camels rarely drink ya know :))

parking5by.jpg

:sarcasm:

Yes, but with my luck the camel would spit at the cop & I'd get cited for no permit for the camel, endangerment to other cars, bicycles, & motorcycles, & an air pollution/smell citation. 1 week later the humane society takes my camel away. haha  :dunno:  lmao   

Yes, but with my luck the camel would spit at the cop & I'd get cited for no permit for the camel, endangerment to other cars, bicycles, & motorcycles, & an air pollution/smell citation. 1 week later the humane society takes my camel away. haha  :dunno:  lmao   

Would you like a one hump or two humped camel in return for your lost camel sir?  :)

if you refuse to take the breathalyzer in Indiana, you still get the dui. a refusal is the same as failing

I had a drunk driving arrest in 92 & my lawyer told me never refuse a breathalyzer but tell the arresting officer that you want your lawyer present & you'll be happy to take his test , My lawyer friend said he would arrive several hours later . I never had too , I just quit . If you drink you have no business driving .  Period