Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts - Packers Replay

Hoosier

Not an excuse. It's still an NFL defense. And they weren't that bad cause they hit Luck, sacked him, & picked him off

It's not not an excuse lol.

Hit Luck= horrible OLine

Picked Luck= Rookie QB

Not bashing Brown, but its not like he was running over a top D or anything.

It's not not an excuse lol.

Hit Luck= horrible OLine

Picked Luck= Rookie QB

Not bashing Brown, but its not like he was running over a top D or anything.

Donald runs behind that same horrible oline

So he should get some credit. He had a good game. He's gonna open some eyes this year

Donald runs behind that same horrible oline

So he should get some credit. He had a good game. He's gonna open some eyes this year

Who was taking away credit lol?

I think this board's got you a little Donald Brown defensive haha.

Who was taking away credit lol?

I think this board's got you a little Donald Brown defensive haha.

You said it's not like he was going against a top defense, that's taking credit away from him. Doesn't matter who the defense is, it's an NFL defense who's paid to stop him. Even behind a horrible oline, he shined. People keep bashing him saying he's terrible. I'm saying wait till he's behind a better line

You said it's not like he was going against a top defense, that's taking credit away from him. Doesn't matter who the defense is, it's an NFL defense who's paid to stop him. Even behind a horrible oline, he shined. People keep bashing him saying he's terrible. I'm saying wait till he's behind a better line

Was that a lie? Did GB get a great D without me noticing?

D absolutely matters in the NFL. There is a gulf of difference between the best D's and the worst D's. If you don't want to take that into account when you analyze performances that your prerogative, but kindly don't jump down my throat because I do.

I'm just calling it like I see it. You can't point to one game against a below average D and say "See that's the real Donald Brown" without taking the D into account.

D absolutely matters in the NFL. There is a gulf of difference between the best D's and the worst D's. If you don't want to take that into account when you analyze performances that your prerogative, but kindly don't jump down my throat because I do.

I'm just calling it like I see it. You can't point to one game against a below average D and say "See that's the real Donald Brown" without taking the D into account.

Our offensive line made every Defense look good. Look at how on most of these runs, someone's in the backfield already. The GB game isn't the only example. He had a good game against the Bears & the Titans. With a better line, we get a better Donald Brown. All I'm saying is people don't give Brown the credit he earns. Not jumping down at you just speaking in general

Our offensive line made every Defense look good. Look at how on most of these runs, someone's in the backfield already. The GB game isn't the only example. He had a good game against the Bears & the Titans. With a better line, we get a better Donald Brown. All I'm saying is people don't give Brown the credit he earns. Not jumping down at you just speaking in general

Well that's all I was saying. When I judge performances I take D's into account lol.

I think DB has a good shot of producing if we get our line together.

GB was actually 7th in DVOA. They weren't elite but were in the second tier of defenses.

I think Donald Brown isnt spectacular, but block for the man, and he will do fine

Spectacular? No. Serviceable? Yes and that's all we need. Don't need an elite RB to be good at running the ball. But with a healthy RB core, we have Ballard & Brown who could really get the job done

To be fair Greenbays D is horribad lol.

He shows great vision and decision making *at times

One thing is clear to me. If Donald Brown was drafted by a number of other teams in the NFL, ones that can block, his name would be known. 

For those of you who constantly bash Donald Brown, you should pay attention to this game. He was really good here

I loved his 2pt conversion (which he actually got injured on) when he does the "Raji" AND "Discount Double-Check" haha

I loved his 2pt conversion (which he actually got injured on) when he does the "Raji" AND "Discount Double-Check" haha

haha it's funny cause afterwards they showed Aaron Rodgers who ironically had his hands on his hips at the time haha

I think he was pretty upset about that

GB was actually 7th in DVOA. They weren't elite but were in the second tier of defenses.

I mean the stats are what they are. And it's hard to argue them, but just from the eye test there's nothing I fear from the Packers D. You can throw on them you can run on them.

So to me they are in the bottom tier Ds.

The NFL have updated their rule book. If Donald Brown breaks off any long runs, they will be wiped from the record books. If Donald Brown had a good game, but is again a poor defense, his stats will be nullified also.

This rule does not apply to anyone else.

Commish.

Also anything negative will be erased. Leaving only good things. Because being objective from either side is just too much to handle.

No, being objective is fine. But I don't see many posts about Reggie or Luck playing aganist 'poor' defenses etc.

I don't see any posts about Luck or Reggie period lol.

But people talked about Luck playing some of his best games against weak teams all the time.

They also mention the inverse as well. Being that he played terrible against a great Bears D first game of the season.

So if it goes one way. It goes the other. It's all fair in making an assessment of the overall picture.

I don't see any posts about Luck or Reggie period lol.

But people talked about Luck playing some of his best games against weak teams all the time.

They also mention the inverse as well. Being that he played terrible against a great Bears D first game of the season.

So if it goes one way. It goes the other. It's all fair in making an assessment of the overall picture.

Yeah, Texans, Redskins and Patriots fans. Oh, and the guy who was banned.

I also think you know I was using a smattering of poetic licence, just to make a point.

I mean the stats are what they are. And it's hard to argue them, but just from the eye test there's nothing I fear from the Packers D. You can throw on them you can run on them.

So to me they are in the bottom tier Ds.

OK...so because the numbers don't match what you think, you ignore them. DVOA is the best way to measure team D, so being 7th is impressive. The Colts were dead last...

OK...so because the numbers don't match what you think, you ignore them. DVOA is the best way to measure team D, so being 7th is impressive. The Colts were dead last...

Please quote where I said I ignore them. In fact I'm quite certain I said they were compelling.

"It's hard to argue them."

But based on watching almost all their games this year. I don't fear them at all. Because, and I'm repeating myself, you can run on them, as we did, and you can throw on them, as we also did.

So IMO, they are a bottom tier defense. Your free to disagree, but that's how I look at them.

Walden looked good in our game vs the Packers. Constant pressure & his bull rush is pretty nasty if you ask me

I forgot to look for him until I saw your earlier post. By then it was the 4th Q.

This should be a different thread, but last year we ended up with 4 OLBs and 5 ILBs, I think.

Before the draft I have Mathis, Hughes, Walden and Sidbury. Freeman, Conner, Angerer, ??,??. Hickman and Harvey may be next but hardly locks to make the team.

Is this how you guys see it?

I forgot to look for him until I saw your earlier post. By then it was the 4th Q.

This should be a different thread, but last year we ended up with 4 OLBs and 5 ILBs, I think.

Before the draft I have Mathis, Hughes, Walden and Sidbury. Freeman, Conner, Angerer, ??,??. Hickman and Harvey may be next but hardly locks to make the team.

Is this how you guys see it?

Wouldn't be surprised if those 2 question marks you have are filled in the draft. Or knowing Grigson we're going to the CFL for those final 2 haha

Edit: On that pass to Fleener near the endzone, Walden was the guy covering Flenner who batted the ball down