Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watched tape on Jesse Williams, not that impressive, 1 trick pony...

Don't like any of the LBs with the first pick. Prefer Sylvester Williams who can play any of the front  3 positions on defense. Agree that Jesse does not have that explosiveness. If not Sylvester Williams then I hope we take the best football player we can find at 24.

Don't like any of the LBs with the first pick. Prefer Sylvester Williams who can play any of the front  3 positions on defense. Agree that Jesse does not have that explosiveness. If not Sylvester Williams then I hope we take the best football player we can find at 24.

That would take us full circle.  I think Williams was one of the first players mocks were picking for us at 24 and I believe we interviewed him as well.  He seems like a good pick but I haven't heard his name mentioned in a while.

As the Official Fan Forum for the Indianapolis Colts, our goal is to provide a well moderated community where NFL fans can enjoy a family-friendly welcoming environment for discussing Colts football, the NFL, and other topics of mutual interest. This is a place where Where 'football gurus' and casual fans can meet and enjoy each others company on a shared topic of interest.

Civility, a welcoming atmosphere, tolerance, humor, mutual respect and individual commitment to the community are our over-riding goals.

Several posts were removed from this thread because they were rude and derailed the topic with personal arguments and shots

People,nobody wants to read these types of squabbles so if you find yourself tempted to reply in kind or otherwise contribute to the squabble, please DON"T

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't disagree with any of this.   But I do think there are good drafters, and bad drafters. And I think they become obvious with the benefit of time, especially if you have some issues at QB or you have to change the coaching staff. What might be more important is whether a GM can be good enough at drafting to offset other limitations in his approach (that's the big question with Ballard; maybe the Cowboys are a better example), or if a GM's poor drafting can be compensated for by other things he does in team building (Jason Licht?) Howie Roseman is one of the best GMs in the league; he runs hot and cold in the draft, but he's relentless in using every possible avenue to improve his roster.   And then there are some GMs that are doomed by one, really dumb decision along the way. Which highlights again that it's just about overall hit rate in the draft. It's hard to recover from drafting Tim Tebow or Johnny Manziel in the first round.    Back to Brugler, I did some reading on him. Apparently he's had offers from teams, probably to be a scout, and he's not interested. I don't blame him, that's a tough gig. Based on what he does, he might be suited for a director of college scouting role. I like that he shows his work and stands by it. And I think he also displays a level of humility that people like Ben Solak are lacking; the depth of his work probably helps him appreciate that, as much as he learns, there's still a lot that he doesn't know.    Daniel Jeremiah spent a decade as a scout. Nate Tice worked as a scout. Cosell is as connected as anyone. These aren't random bloggers and Youtubers. Dane has taken an interesting path, but he's also not just a random guy who hopped on a microphone one day.    Anyway, way off topic. Lots of respect for Dane, for sure. The Beast is unparalleled. 
    • Yeah, well some people wanted Anthony Richardson to take 34.  Would have saved them a few bucks.      
    • His 150 tackle season was 5 years ago in 2019. Regardless I get what you mean tho and I'd love Budda w us. I guess it would depend on the price, no way Ballard pays a high pick and high salary for a player that frankly seems over its peak tho( just going purely by numbers, not followed Cards that much to be confident in an opinion regarding Budda)
    • Oh the notion is absolutely absurd, but that's the offseason for you. 
    • Xavien Howard, Justin Simmons, all talking too much related to Texans....??? Texans are favorites to sign every freaking FA this off season, it seems like. The new Jaguars of the off season.        
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,685

• masterlock

masterlock 620

• DynaMike

DynaMike 161

• MFT5

MFT5 325

• DattMavis

DattMavis 360

• Jason_