Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1.Damontre Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M  -  He was considered a top 5 pick by many NFL scouts and experts but a bad combine of a 4.9 40 and 12 bench reps will drop him to a late 1st round pick. He improved his bench reps to 19 at his pro day. He has a lot of potential  at 6'4 260lbs and only 20 years old has room for additional muscle mass. Has a quick first step off the snap has long strong arms and uses his hands well to defeat blocks, plays similar to Demarcus Ware. Wont start right away but will be used similar to the way the 49ers used Aldon Smith. Terrel Suggs ran a slow 4.84 40 but went on to have a great career, Moore has the potential to do that as well.

3. Dallas Thomas G/T  Tennessee - Thomas is an impressive athlete who plays with very good initial quickness as well as top flexibility and balance.Thomas plays with excellent knee bend, giving him the base to handle powerful bull rushers, as well as the spring to easily move left and right to remain square to quicker pass rushers. Thomas has an explosive punch that he uses often to knock defenders back in the running game. He steps up quickly to seal off the reeling defender and erase him from the play.Would be a huge upgrade over Mcglynn at RG.

4. Khaled Holmes C USC - Sustains blocks through the whistle and takes his man backwards and drives them to the ground regularly. Quick feet for his size, can reach second-level targets or get out in front of screens. Hustles to help either guard, or both on the same play, when uncovered. Did struggle vs Lotulelei but idk many centers in college or maybe even in the NFL that can deal with him, he also was battling a injury that game. Satele just doesn't fit our system  Holmes will compete with him and Shipley for the starting job.

6. Duke Williams S Nevada - His athleticism helps him break down in the open field and his length aids him drag them to the ground, making him a reliable open-field tackler. Another important component of Williams' game is that he shows great balance in coverage, showcasing a smooth back-pedal, and fluid hips. Shows the hands to make difficult interception, as well. Make or break year for Bethea Williams will provide great depth but if we don't bring back Bethea, Duke will be the starting FS for the future.

7.Demetrius Mccray  CB Appalachian State - Tall fast CB would provide great depth

I don't think Holmes is a reach at all....    but I'm not sure he's a fit in man blocking....  USC was a zone blocking team...

Doesn't mean he can't do it...   just not sure if the fit is right....

But for a mock draft with no trades,  I think this one is pretty decent....

I don't think Holmes is a reach at all....    but I'm not sure he's a fit in man blocking....  USC was a zone blocking team...

Doesn't mean he can't do it...   just not sure if the fit is right....

But for a mock draft with no trades,  I think this one is pretty decent....

Pro Football Weekly lists him as a zone scheme center

This really sounds like someone who watched him one game last year while he had an injured ankle or something.

Honestly, Holmes was injured for most of last year...   and he tried to gut-threw it....   props for trying,  USC had no capable back-up ready....

He may not get picked before the 6th round...  I dunno...   but he's a talented kid...  but with interior O-lineman coming off an injured year....  sometimes they can fall in the draft....  

You reached in the 1st round, if you want Moore, then trade down to the early 2nd round and pick up a draft pick. 

And Holmes is a reach in the 4th round as well.  He would be a good 5th or 6th round pick up, but not a 4th rounder, with the likes of Winters, Schwenke, and Thornton rated above Holmes and available in the 4th round.