Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton gets a new Weapon: Domenik Hixon

HtownColt

I would have to say its playoffs or bust this season for the Panthers they have a bunch of new players but if the don't make it then I don't know I think they will be better than last season but does anybody else thoughts?.

Cam Newton is just another Vince Young path wise only I don't think he ever had a open letter from a fan like this . I'd just like to know what this fan thinks now that the season is over has Scram made up for his first year in the League ?? He was'nt exactly a fav of other players @ the Pro Bowl from what I understand  as well..

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/9/21/3369010/its-time-for-cam-newton-to-grow-up-2012-carolina-panthers-nfl

Cam Newton is just another Vince Young path wise only I don't think he ever had a open letter from a fan like this . I'd just like to know what this fan thinks now that the season is over has Scram made up for his first year in the League ?? He was'nt exactly a fav of other players @ the Pro Bowl from what I understand  as well..

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/9/21/3369010/its-time-for-cam-newton-to-grow-up-2012-carolina-panthers-nfl

This is not a knock on you, but your post made me think. One of these days a black quarterback failure will be compared to a white quarterback failure instead of always being compared to another black quarterback failure......whew. 

This is not a knock on you, but your post made me think. One of these days a black quarterback failure will be compared to a white quarterback failure instead of always being compared to another black quarterback failure......whew.

No offense to you, but I hate sentiments like that.

If the comparison is there, why should skin color matter? If there were no similarities at all, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but there are surface similarities between the two.

I'm sure OP meant that they were both talented guys, both going through adversity, and both not mentally up for it yet. Vince went down a more depressive path, and Cam seems to check out or go into "look at me" mode. Cam has a more complete game to work with, and because of that I think he will have sustained success in the NFL, but many don't feel he's heading the right way.

I doubt very much OP singled out those two because it was a black QB failure comparison.

No offense to you, but I hate sentiments like that.

If the comparison is there, why should skin color matter? If there were no similarities at all, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but there are surface similarities between the two.

I'm sure OP meant that they were both talented guys, both going through adversity, and both not mentally up for it yet. Vince went down a more depressive path, and Cam seems to check out or go into "look at me" mode. Cam has a more complete game to work with, and because of that I think he will have sustained success in the NFL, but many don't feel he's heading the right way.

I doubt very much OP singled out those two because it was a black QB failure comparison.

I tried to move my comments away from the OPs post......and I did a lazy job of it. I only quoted it because it was what got me thinking about the subject. The OP said "path" which I took to mean more demeanor and maturity rather than talent or playing style. RGIII, Cam Newton, Vince Young obviously are lumped together all the time because of athletic ability and playing style..

It is natural habit to lump those qbs together as stated above. That is why I bring it up as thought provoking. For example, one could go two ways with the comparison.....Vince Young or Jay Cutler. Both sulk under scrutiny and get their heads down. My observation was simply pertaining to the natural tendency to go with Vince Young since both are black qbs.

I tried to move my comments away from the OPs post......and I did a lazy job of it. I only quoted it because it was what got me thinking about the subject. The OP said "path" which I took to mean more demeanor and maturity rather than talent or playing style. RGIII, Cam Newton, Vince Young obviously are lumped together all the time because of athletic ability and playing style..

It is natural habit to lump those qbs together as stated above. That is why I bring it up as thought provoking. For example, one could go two ways with the comparison.....Vince Young or Jay Cutler. Both sulk under scrutiny and get their heads down. My observation was simply pertaining to the natural tendency to go with Vince Young since both are black qbs.

Well it's like I was trying to say, less about you and more about the sentiment.

Cutler isn't a good comparison because OP seemed to indicate he believes Cam is on a downward trend. Whereas Cutler, despite being a baby, had had prolonged success in the NFL.

All that said I do understand what you meant, and nothing was meant to be directed at you in a negative manner.

Let me be perfectly clear dude . until I just read this color never even registered in my mind .

I read a article yesterday comparing the 2 - IT was about there career paths since college . It was not based on color what so ever .

To be honest as a white boy from east L.A I'm pretty much color blind . And this is not a knock on you either , But I look forward to a day when color is'nt the issue .