Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

dolphins spending spree continues

CR91

Lol. Undefeated. Just a bit unrealistic, no. I can assure you no one in NE thought they would go undefeated as only one team in the history of football has ever done it with the 16 game schedule and it was the Pats. They were picked to win the AFC and like I said they were one half away and ran into the buzz saw that were the Ravens.

I love your favorable draw. lol. You play who you play. And they didn't just beat the Broncos and Texans - they destroyed them. Lee Evans didn't drop the ball, he was stripped by one of the best defensive plays you will ever see in a playoff game. And in terms of Cundiff, those are the breaks when you don't get into the end zone - and the FG would have only tied the game. And also don't forget that Brady led the go ahead drive without Gronk on the field as Pollard had taken him out and Brady himself scored the go ahead TD on 4th and goal from the one.

The Pats beat the Broncos, Texans (twice), Colts last year - all were playoff teams. So I don't understand your comment that they don't beat good teams. It seems that no matter who the Pats beat credit is taken away because all of a sudden the team they beat stinks because the Pats blow them out. I mean the Texans were 10-1 when they came into Gillette and the Pats were 9-3 and they killed them. Sorry Quizboy. No offense here to you. Just stating the facts.

What people in NE thought is all well and good, but I wasn't referencing them. There is a reason Vegas put the odds at 5-1 for the patriots....because the public THINKS they are the favorite.

I don't know why you think having a favorable draw isn't reality....it happens all the time in sports. I have stated many times the 09 Colts were not a great team...and playing two teams in the playoffs with mediocre quarterbacks helped them get to the SB.

Yes, the patriots beat the broncos early in the season when they still had a lot of questions, a rag tag colts team, and the tin men of the NFL (texans)....Fine, i give them credit for the first win over the texans, but that's about it. The year before they didn't beat a team with a winning record until the afc championship game.

One of the best defensive plays you will ever see? Really, that lil slap on the ball? That was an easy catch for a TD and Lee Evans blew it.

Broncos when they had questions? You mean when they were playing playoff teams lol. The only playoff team they beat were the Ravens and LOST to everyone else. The "tin men" Texans and "overrated" Patriots, however...

"Undefeated regular season"  yes, true and deserved.

2002 - was that the last year of Mora and "playoffs! You talking playoffs! I just want to win a game."

Yep. Sad because I liked Mora, but we got Dungy. Only wish he was more aggressive, and Irsay didn't let him pick Jim Caldwell as his successor.

What people in NE thought is all well and good, but I wasn't referencing them. There is a reason Vegas put the odds at 5-1 for the patriots....because the public THINKS they are the favorite.

I don't know why you think having a favorable draw isn't reality....it happens all the time in sports. I have stated many times the 09 Colts were not a great team...and playing two teams in the playoffs with mediocre quarterbacks helped them get to the SB.

Yes, the patriots beat the broncos early in the season when they still had a lot of questions, a rag tag colts team, and the tin men of the NFL (texans)....Fine, i give them credit for the first win over the texans, but that's about it. The year before they didn't beat a team with a winning record until the afc championship game.

One of the best defensive plays you will ever see? Really, that lil slap on the ball? That was an easy catch for a TD and Lee Evans blew it.

Like I said, no matter who the Pats beat it is rag tags or a Broncos teams with questions...whatever, excuses. They beat them and they were both playoff teams. And how many teams last year beat 3 playoffs teams at all? Denver certaintly didn't or the Colts.

Lee Evans play was a brilliant strip. He made a chopping motion at the ball and literally ripped it out of Evans hands. It was a superb defensive play but you can see the way you want. I had never seen a play like that before with the game on the line. Maybe the only real highlight of the Pats secondary the whole year.

And if you want to get technical on the Pats victories, whey they played Denver two years ago, the team was 8-5 and riding high with Tebow. The Pats came in and destroyed them in Denver which began their 3 game swoon to 8-8. So, no actually did beat a team with a winning record that was a playoff team. Now you can disparage this comment with how bad Tebow was/is.

It's those chuckle heads I guess at ESPN. I had not heard that either. I am sure it was said tongue and cheek.

It was a constant subject on ESPN radio...van pelt and Russillo, mike and mike, cowherd, obnoxious Linda Cohen all talked about. Admittedly, it had a lot to do with what they saw as a weak schedule, but it was still laughable. Trust me, there is a reason people consider ESPN the patriots home network.

Like I said, no matter who the Pats beat it is rag tags or a Broncos teams with questions...whatever, excuses. They beat them and they were both playoff teams. And how many teams last year beat 3 playoffs teams at all? Denver certaintly didn't or the Colts.

Yes we did. Packers, Texans, and Vikings.

It was a constant subject on ESPN radio...van pelt and Russillo, mike and mike, cowherd, obnoxious Linda Cohen all talked about. Admittedly, it had a lot to do with what they saw as a weak schedule, but it was still laughable. Trust me, there is a reason people consider ESPN the patriots home network.

Yes, I agree. ESPN is ridiculous. They only picked them to go undefeated so they could say "see how bad the Pats are" when they lost a game. :)

Lee Evans play was a brilliant strip. He made a chopping motion at the ball and literally ripped it out of Evans hands. It was a superb defensive play but you can see the way you want. I had never seen a play like that before with the game on the line. Maybe the only real highlight of the Pats secondary the whole year.

And if you want to get technical on the Pats victories, whey they played Denver two years ago, the team was 8-5 and riding high with Tebow. The Pats came in and destroyed them in Denver which began their 3 game swoon to 8-8. So, no actually did beat a team with a winning record that was a playoff team. Now you can disparage this comment with how bad Tebow was/is.

Oh dear god, you can't even admit the tebow led broncos stunk. I knew this conversation was a mistake.

Believe me, I do not want this to become a Tebow thread but I don't understand why QBs like Mark Sanchez and Christian Ponder can have NFL teams that decide to build offenses around them and their patheticness and yet no one will take a chance on Tebow. I mean that Denver team had little talent anywhere and he stepped in and won the west and a playoff game. I get the whole he can't throw well but he made up for it in other ways. I, for one, missed seeing him play this year. The guy was electric and must see TV every week.

Thank you for doing exactly what I thought you would - disparage another Pats victory. Lol the hate never ends...so predictable too.

Like I really have to disparage that win. Yes, I'm sure I'm the lone nfl fan that realizes tebow stinks and that bronco team was a joke.

Believe me, I do not want this to become a Tebow thread but I don't understand why QBs like Mark Sanchez and Christian Ponder can have NFL teams that decide to build offenses around them and their patheticness and yet no one will take a chance on Tebow. I mean that Denver team had little talent anywhere and he stepped in and won the west and a playoff game. I get the whole he can't throw well but he made up for it in other ways. I, for one, missed seeing him play this year. They guy was electric and must see TV every week.

Tebow can't complete a pass if his receiver was a broad side of a barn.

Trust me I love Tebow being a Gator fan, but he isn't a good NFL QB.

Lol. Undefeated. Just a bit unrealistic, no. I can assure you no one in NE thought they would go undefeated as only one team in the history of football has ever done it with the 16 game schedule and it was the Pats. They were picked to win the AFC and like I said they were one half away and ran into the buzz saw that were the Ravens.

I love your favorable draw. lol. You play who you play. And they didn't just beat the Broncos and Texans - they destroyed them. Lee Evans didn't drop the ball, he was stripped by one of the best defensive plays you will ever see in a playoff game. And in terms of Cundiff, those are the breaks when you don't get into the end zone - and the FG would have only tied the game. And also don't forget that Brady led the go ahead drive without Gronk on the field as Pollard had taken him out and Brady himself scored the go ahead TD on 4th and goal from the one.

The Pats beat the Broncos, Texans (twice), Colts last year - all were playoff teams. So I don't understand your comment that they don't beat good teams. It seems that no matter who the Pats beat credit is taken away because all of a sudden the team they beat stinks because the Pats blow them out. I mean the Texans were 10-1 when they came into Gillette and the Pats were 9-3 and they killed them. Sorry Quizboy. No offense here to you. Just stating the facts.

The Colts 'starters' went undefeated in 2009, does that not count?

The Colts 'starters' went undefeated in 2009, does that not count?

I hear you man. I got sick to my stomach watching Caldwell pull Peyton and the starters in that Jets game. They deserved the chance to go undefeated. I believe you had the Bills the following week, right? Totally would have at least gotten to 16-0. Say what you want but winning all 16games is an unbelievable achievement that only the Pats have done it since the inception of the 16 game season. They also played 10 playoff teams that year so I don't think Bood on the Tracks can quibble with that achievment and say the Pats just got lucky or a favorable draw. Wish they capped it off verse the Giants but those are the breaks. One of the best seasons ever by one of the best teams ever put together. SI named that Pats team the best team of the decade despite the SB loss, that is how good they were, http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/sicom_names_pat.html

They will be the Eagles little brother, team nightmare jr. haha

Lol I get the comparisons but I like that Miami is actually trying to be competitive this year lol. They'll need Ryan Tannehill to play good if they do hope to get to the playoffs though, and having Wallace should help them out with that lol. Then again...this could all go down in flames like the Eagles did that year, so who knows haha