Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post FA Mock.

I thought we had a great outing in FA. He covered Positions like QB,OG,RT,NT,DE,OLB,CB,SS. But I think that we still need WR,OG,OLB,CB witch I believe we can adress in the draft that is why it is so key this year. So without future ado my Mock.

1: Indy trades 1 to any interested team for 2,3,6.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee  

We need WR help badly. Hunter could come in and play #2 WR. Hunter possess Great height at 6'4 is good at route running and has natural hands. Hunter has okay speed but a good burst. He would be in consternation with teammate Cordarrelle Patterson for best wideout in this draft class if not for a bad knee that has been through surgery.  

3: Corey Lemonier OLB Auburn

OLB is a need for us specificly one that can play in a rotation with Walden, I think this would be a perfect pick, Lemonier is a very athletic player that has good speed and great balance. Lemonier did not produce as much as he should of in college but, skill wise hes like a Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo.

3: Travis Frederick OG/C Wisconsin 

We need a OG to start nest to Donald Thomas. Frederick is a big mauler how can bulldoze DT/DE's. Frederick has been around football his whole life and therefore has a very high football I.Q. He's very coach able and can dominate a one on one matchup with smaller D-lineman. Also if needed he can slide to Center and be reliable.

4: Tharold Simon CB LSU

You've got to feel bad for somebody like Tharold, One year you have Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborn, and Tyrann Matieu along side you, the nest you've got Morris Claiborn and Matieu. Then poof just you. He's a good corner how struggles at keeping up with top speed recivers after they beat him so he must have over the top help if facing top speed WR's.

6: Brandon Moore NT Texas:

Nope, Not Brandon Moore the ButtFumble-ee but Brandon Moore the NT of texas formerly of the JUCO NCAA divison. Moore had very limited playing time but still managed 3 sacks and 5.5 TFL. Moore could be nice in a rotation with our current NT's.

6: Quanterius Smith OLB Western Kuntucy

Quanterius is a Physical monster at 6'5. He  had a great season with 12.5 sacks and 3 FF. Smith was a monster and showed much promise as a Pass- Rusher but he killed his draft stock when he had a late season ACL tear. Quanterius gets his sacks in bunches therefore he's not very consistent. Quanterius could be a monster if coached up correctly. 

7: Jeff Braun OT West Virgina 

Braun is a soild Tackle that could be depth and step in if a injury occurs. Braun has some athletic ablity. 

7: Omar Hunter DE Florida 

Hunter has good for Florida in 2012 he recorded 40 tackles and could really push the pocket against good oppenents, Hunter could bring good depth to a already solid D-line rotation that we have.

I really like this draft, adds plenty of talent in places of need. Big WR, OLB help, starting G, young talented CB, love them all.

I'd don't think we need a NT I'd rather take a safety to back up Bethea and possibly replace him in the future. Possibly a centre late on so we could cut Satele and start Shipley.

2: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee  

We need WR help badly. Hunter could come in and play #2 WR. Hunter possess Great height at 6'4 is good at route running and has natural hands. Hunter has okay speed but a good burst. He would be in consternation with teammate Cordarrelle Patterson for best wideout in this draft class if not for a bad knee that has been through surgery.  

While I like your pick of a WR in the draft, I wouldnt say we need help badly. I mean yes Wayne is getting up there in years, but we already have 3 young WR that could be solid given the chance. Hilton has proven to be a solid slot receiver already, and we haven't even given a fair chance to Brazill or Whalen. While I think it wouldn't hurt to bring in another weapon, I wouldn't say that we have a glaring need that can be fixed by another unproven talent.

3: Travis Frederick OG/C Wisconsin 

We need a OG to start nest to Donald Thomas. Frederick is a big mauler how can bulldoze DT/DE's. Frederick has been around football his whole life and therefore has a very high football I.Q. He's very coach able and can dominate a one on one matchup with smaller D-lineman. Also if needed he can slide to Center and be reliable.

While I liked him as a colt earlier in the year, the fact that he showed up to the combine at 312 has me a little worried. Him slimming down means that either A- He wants to play center exclusively or B- He is catering to a Zone Blocking scheme. Either way it means he is looking to get away from being the Big Mauler that he is known to be, and unfortunately a big mauler is what we need.

6: Brandon Moore NT Texas:

Nope, Not Brandon Moore the ButtFumble-ee but Brandon Moore the NT of texas formerly of the JUCO NCAA divison. Moore had very limited playing time but still managed 3 sacks and 5.5 TFL. Moore could be nice in a rotation with our current NT's.

As has been mentioned already, we already have a bunch of NT, probably more then we will carry on our roster. Unless you think he is better then two of the players we already have, and think he can prove that before cuts come around, he is just a wasted pick.

Other than those three picks I like what you picked, expecially the later picks (really good value players). I personally would like to see the guard position addressed earlier instead of WR, but i do think that a WR should be taken at some point (our second 3rd rounder or maybe 4th) , if for no other reason then depth in case our young guys dont pan out or get injured. Maybe draft a RB or Safety instead of NT in the 6th.

Looks pretty decent.  Did you use a particular site when you were putting the picks together?

Mostly from my own knowalage of players and Us as a team (colts) but some helpful sites are http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000147681/article/mike-mayock-elevates-ej-manuel-in-latest-draft-prospect-rankings

and

http://walterfootball.com/

I really like it, and while I'm no expert on the value of draft picks I would not think we could get that many picks or at least that high of one. I would have figured we'd get more like a 2,4,7. Anyone who knows more about the values care to educate me?

You're right. There is no way we could get a 2,3, and a 6th for our 1st rder.. There is a place somewhere where you can check the value of picks, but I can't remember what site it is and I'm too lazy to search for it, but If I had to guess, I wouldn't think we could get much more than a 2nd and maybe a 4th. Depends on how far back the trading partners pick is.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

The site claims that is official chart teams use when placing a value on a player or draft position, I dont believe it to be entirely accurate because every draft there seems to be some head scratching picks taken and it does not seemingly account for players that would have higher value if not for off field issues (Janoris Jenkins prime example recently projected first round pick and some even said was as good or better then Claiborne but the other end of that spectrum you have A.J. Jenkins who I believe was projected to go in the 3rd if memory serves who ended up at the bottom of the 1st round, That chart gives a good idea but in my opinion is by no means the be all end all especially when teams begin to take needs into account and reaching happens (Also I believe it was Superman or someone who made a thread solely for the chart itself recently....someone confirm?)