Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RJF - Harbaugh said we couldn't block him

I'm really excited for this guy. I think he could be our best FA acquisition

You may be right. He was a huge up and comer in San Fran, and I fully expect his best years to be ahead of him. I think he will be a force this upcoming year opposite Redding; however, we may not even see him peak for 2-3 years. Let's get a full season under his belt as a starter and see what we have.

impossible.. our resident scouts here say he can't play. actual nfl personnel know nothing of his talent

I know right. I've built an amazing franchise, only losing two games the last FIVE seasons in Madden 13. I don't know why I wasn't consulted on any of these moves.

Lots of tips for a noob like Grigson I could have passed on. Like signing top 20 free agents to bloated contracts with 0 bonuses and then trading them for picks. I bet he didn't even know about the old "Trade each of your picks in preseason with the worst team in the league last year even though you just won the Super Bowl" trick. Works every time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I think AD can win on the nine routes well enough to be that deep threat (he's got the long speed), but more importantly, he also can win on all the routes where AP really hasn't (AD really shined in the RZ too at Texas).   I think he will be a RZ threat right away and can be a really solid WR2 (assuming he becomes a willing blocker and the effort stuff is behind him). Don't know if he will ever a YAC machine though.   Does Harmon mean that his evaluation of AP coming out of college was similar to the "DK can only run nine routes and can't move laterally" evaluation? I don't entirely remember DK's evaluation, but I recall it sounding something like that.
    • Lawrence Owen recently said that Brandon Aiyuk is a "system WR who wouldn't put up 700 yards on 90% of NFL teams." He's about as untrusty of a narrator as you can possibly get. And like us watching at home, he is not privy to the route calls, the playcalls, the reads, etc.    But I watched the video. AP had a great game. However, Lawrence is driving this narrative with this one game against arguably the worst pass defense in the NFL last year. Fulton (#26), who was on AP much of this game, was especially bad last year, registering a 46 PFF grade.     They had mismatches all over coming into the game and they exploited it from the beginning, hence AP's involvement. It's really not any deeper than that. This game was a complete outlier from any other game too, as far as production.       So Minshew held back the whole team, but benefited MPJ and Downs?    If AP was getting open all the time and it was "like this every game", he wouldn't have ended up #124 in win route rate or #110 in avg. separation (min. 45 tgts). The people who watch every game and the tools that track these stats don't support this idea.   As someone said earlier, targets are earned. Minshew is executing the offense, but Steichen is the calling the plays and assigning reads in the RPO. So why wasn't Steichen dialing up more plays after this TEN game? Minshew made the throws in this game, so clearly he can make the throws.   And even with AR, who we know can make all the throws, they were hardly dialing up plays for AP either.   With the drafting of AD, it speaks volumes about who is holding back AP.
    • It’s gotta be one of those two or Laiatu.  I guess I’d say Odunze, since TE didn’t end up being a position we hit at all, so there’s no proof CB considered it a need.  However, that doesn’t mean we wouldn’t trade up for a unique talent (Bowers) for whom we have a “plan”…
    • Does it mean anything to you that Kwity had 2 less sacks than $170M Joey Bosey? Bosa played 180 more snaps. Kwity did a great job playing his edge, the run, and covering his flat. He also got his breather on a lot of 3rd downs because... we were developing Dayo and had Lewis who was very effective in rotation on limited snaps.     
    • Ballard had no idea who Turray was till the Senior Bowl. His trait was he was the fastest off the snap there. So let's take him and see if we can make a football player out of him.  And your final answer - Ben Banogu  Well he was a State Champion wrestler so he should a good tackler, a real leader, plays with unknown tenacity, a step slow but - Rock ya-sin.   Dodds and his large team do the scouting, Ballard has an organization to manage. He/we have not risen to the top with his underlings following his process.  We have been stumbling, bumbling for a number of years for sure.    The good news is we can see some very solid pieces he did choose are  foundations for our current reboot. The South is going to be a real battleground like we haven't seen.   
  • Members

• Lifetime Colt

Lifetime Colt 176

• Hoose

Hoose 1,970

• shasta519

shasta519 5,268

• IndyD4U

IndyD4U 1,437

• DynaMike

DynaMike 162

• Hooch