Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predictions For Game Against Pittsburgh

Jason_

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins is geting better...because he's getting to know his team

..White fair catches everything and he doesnt have to...

...Our rush is good..our corners are short..

..and ben is immobile..

....Its my story and I'm sticking to it! :foam:

just in, hot news , coaches are going to show us some new things this week, colts to beat steelers

Something is telling me the team will be ready to play well sunday night. We need to mix things up on both sides of the ball. On D we need to stack the line and blow up the gap. Take it to them instead of waiting for them to bring it to us. We can't sit back on our heels. Show blitz and go, show and drop. Mix it up for gods sake. Play man instead of the tampa (we'll throw it between you) 2. I also tired of seeing Angerer drop back into the middle of god knows where. How about someone covering the rb out of the backfield. How about getting your 6'6 hands up and tip/knock down some passes if you can't get to the qb. Bull rush up the middle and force things before their ready. My god this is not rocket science. Show some pride d, don't just roll over like a dog, FIGHT!!!! Now the O. Kerry you got to get rid of the ball quick. You don't have time to hold the ball because when you do that you put it on the ground. Quick short slants, screens, draws will keep them quessing. Where the heck is that pump fake they talk about? Use it sunday night! Reggie, Dallas. Jacob, Joe and Pierre are there to help you, please let them. Can we mix things up on 3rd and 1 instead of the failed rush up the gut? After watching it for I donno 7 years now, It still tickes me off every stinking time it fails. Be creative! This is the make or break week for this team no doubt about it. Tough games for everyone in our division. A win could get us 1 game out of 1st place tie. No turnovers, no penalties and smart play will win this game. Can we do it, I believe it. The question is does the team believe it. Colts 21-17

Something is telling me the team will be ready to play well sunday night. We need to mix things up on both sides of the ball. On D we need to stack the line and blow up the gap. Take it to them instead of waiting for them to bring it to us. We can't sit back on our heels. Show blitz and go, show and drop. Mix it up for gods sake. Play man instead of the tampa (we'll throw it between you) 2. I also tired of seeing Angerer drop back into the middle of god knows where. How about someone covering the rb out of the backfield. How about getting your 6'6 hands up and tip/knock down some passes if you can't get to the qb. Bull rush up the middle and force things before their ready. My god this is not rocket science. Show some pride d, don't just roll over like a dog, FIGHT!!!! Now the O. Kerry you got to get rid of the ball quick. You don't have time to hold the ball because when you do that you put it on the ground. Quick short slants, screens, draws will keep them quessing. Where the heck is that pump fake they talk about? Use it sunday night! Reggie, Dallas. Jacob, Joe and Pierre are there to help you, please let them. Can we mix things up on 3rd and 1 instead of the failed rush up the gut? After watching it for I donno 7 years now, It still tickes me off every stinking time it fails. Be creative! This is the make or break week for this team no doubt about it. Tough games for everyone in our division. A win could get us 1 game out of 1st place tie. No turnovers, no penalties and smart play will win this game. Can we do it, I believe it. The question is does the team believe it. Colts 21-17

Steeler fan here and I don't mean to sound homerish, but most of what you are suggesting here is playing right into the Steelers hands. The colts play man to man against Wallace and Brown, it is going to be a long night for your DB's. As far as stacking the line and bull rushing, the Steelers have gotten extremely efficient at running bubble screens. Now the Steelers are weak at covering the slants and quiok passes, I will give you that, but does Collins have the timing down to complete those passes? The other factor that I see most of the Colts fans forgetting about is Palamolu (spelling) he is always an unknown. Timmons as inside LB is extremely fast and can also cover quick slants.

I think Collins will come around for you guys and gals, but I do not think he is ready for the multiple blitz packages and formations Lebeau is going to throw at the Colts, only because of his timing and confidence in his receivers.

This is just my opinion.

we are going to start using carter on 3and 1 with the fb blocking, sure first down

1. Mike Wallace (or whoever plays at #2 WR for them on Sunday) will make at least 2 or 3 big plays. As long as Lacey is our #2 CB this is something we're just going to have to accept unless he shows some remarkable improvement, which likely won't happen. 5 catches, 144 yards and a TD..yeah that's a pretty good game lol

2. Big Ben already has 4 completions of 20+ yards and if we blitz a lot and can't bring him down, this number possibly doubles. He now has 12 completions of 20+ yards

If we don't play the Tampa 2 very often, or preferably not at all, then I predict the following:

1. 3 or more sacks of Big Ben with one of them coming from a DT We did still continue to play tampa 2 but we got the 3 sacks, and would have been one more by a DT if that DT wasn't outweighed by the opposing QB...how pathetic is that? Their QB outweighed our DT!!

2. Big Ben throws for less than 225 yards and completes less than 60% of his passes well we did continue running a lot of tampa 2 so see below

3. Our defense gives up around 4.0 ypc. This is still under Pittsburgh's average of 4.6 well we did continue running a lot of tampa 2 so see below

If we continue to play Tampa 2 on 1st and 2nd downs:

1. Heath Miller and Hines Ward both have huge games. Miller had 5 catches for 71 yards, Ward had only 3 catches for 17 yards..they did have a WR making plays over the middle but it wasn't Ward

2. Big Ben goes over 300 yards and completes more than 70% of his passes We did continue running a lot of Tampa 2, and Ben threw 25/37 (67.6%) for 364 yards

3. Our defense holds Pittsburgh to less than 3.5 yards per carry and Mendenhall only goes over 100 yards if he carries 30+ times. The one thing that does benefit from the Tampa 2 on early downs is our YPC allowed on defense. The other team winds up in a lot of 2nd and 3rd downs on short yardage so they're only trying to grind out the first down. I really underestimated our guys here, they held Pittsburgh to 67 yards on 28 carries for an average of 2.4 ypc

I likely won't post again in this thread until after I've had a chance to go back through the game and break it down like I did for the Browns game. After that, however, I will come back and update to see how accurate I was. :)

Updated with how my predictions worked out :)