Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vasquez stat line

OL stats are not used for a reason. They are mostly subjective. Who's to say the man who beat the player wasn't someone else's assignment, or what if he had three guys coming at him with no help, and inevitably gave up a sack?

The only stat i care about, is that he missed games here and there. Levitre on the other hand, never missed a game in his career. Stats for o-Line is hopeless, we all know both are good players, but in my opinion, if our FO believes Levitre Can play both man and zone, he's clearly the better choice.

It's a cliche, but the best ability is availability.

Don't forget we get Ijalana back who can play G or T. That's our 2nd round pick right there.

i want him to play as much as you do but thats a big IF.

2 years in a row for hip/knee issues on a 300 dude is not easy to recover. i dont think the team is making plans as if he is playing. if he plays thats a plus i think

The only stat i care about, is that he missed games here and there. Levitre on the other hand, never missed a game in his career. Stats for o-Line is hopeless, we all know both are good players, but in my opinion, if our FO believes Levitre Can play both man and zone, he's clearly the better choice.

It's a cliche, but the best ability is availability.

I have read a bunch of evaluations regarding OL free agents and Vasquez does not get anywhere near the positive evaluations that Levitre. Levitre is clearly a better player. Scheme has something to do with a player's success, but talent wins out in the end.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/3/5/4066654/andy-levitre-free-agent-departure-wouldnt-kill-bills

"Reading the tea leaves, I think it's been apparent for quite a while that the team doesn't hold Levitre in as high regard as fans do.

For one, during the 2011 pre-season, it was Levitre - not Kraig Urbik, who had never been a full-time starter - that was fighting for his starting job with an underling stealing first-team reps.

Then there's the fact that Urbik signed a four-year contract extension in December, while Levitre is (apparently) still waiting for an offer. We know that the Bills like size/speed/athletic prototypes; I think it's clear now that Urbik is closer to what the team likes in guards than Levitre is."

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/3/5/4066654/andy-levitre-free-agent-departure-wouldnt-kill-bills

"Reading the tea leaves, I think it's been apparent for quite a while that the team doesn't hold Levitre in as high regard as fans do.

For one, during the 2011 pre-season, it was Levitre - not Kraig Urbik, who had never been a full-time starter - that was fighting for his starting job with an underling stealing first-team reps.

Then there's the fact that Urbik signed a four-year contract extension in December, while Levitre is (apparently) still waiting for an offer. We know that the Bills like size/speed/athletic prototypes; I think it's clear now that Urbik is closer to what the team likes in guards than Levitre is."

For some reason fans always think guys from other teams are better than they really are. Most of the time, fans don't even know that much about other players from different teams. They go by what is written about them or said on the sports networks. Some of what has been said about Levitre here probably isn't even all that accurate.

I have read on other sites that Levitre struggles to keep engaged and his run blocking is average to below average. I have read on the Bills forums that he is nothing more than a decent player and if he walks they don't really think it will be that difficult to replace him, but if you go by what's said here, you would think he's the best o-lineman thats ever played the game.

I don't think he'll fit with our system and I don't think he's the type of guy were looking for. We'll find out soon enough, but IMO he'll stay with Buffalo or go to another team running a ZBS.

I have read a bunch of evaluations regarding OL free agents and Vasquez does not get anywhere near the positive evaluations that Levitre. Levitre is clearly a better player. Scheme has something to do with a player's success, but talent wins out in the end.

Levitre is a better player.   But especially so for zone blocking where smaller lineman are acceptable if they're athletic...

Vazquez is a better fit in a man blocking scheme.   He's roughly 30 pounds bigger and 3 inches taller.  

It looks like the Colts are going to stay with man blocking.   It's not clear if Levitre can be an effective man blocker.   Maybe he can,  but maybe not.    

So, in this case, it may be about who is the better fit....

Levitre is a better player.   But especially so for zone blocking where smaller lineman are acceptable if they're athletic...

Vazquez is a better fit in a man blocking scheme.   He's roughly 30 pounds bigger and 3 inches taller.  

It looks like the Colts are going to stay with man blocking.   It's not clear if Levitre can be an effective man blocker.   Maybe he can,  but maybe not.    

So, in this case, it may be about who is the better fit....

That's what its always about IMO. A team will always pick the better scheme fit. Just like the article that throwingBBS posted, I think people here are seriously over rating Levitre. Believe me, if the guy was as great as some here make him out to be Buffalo would be trying to keep him harder than they appear to be(they have plenty of money to do so). People are just to keep believing what they want to believe and ignoring certain facts(not you), but when it's all said and done, I'm betting Levitre stays with a zone blocking team because that's what he is.

For some reason fans always think guys from other teams are better than they really are. Most of the time, fans don't even know that much about other players from different teams. They go by what is written about them or said on the sports networks. Some of what has been said about Levitre here probably isn't even all that accurate.

I have read on other sites that Levitre struggles to keep engaged and his run blocking is average to below average. I have read on the Bills forums that he is nothing more than a decent player and if he walks they don't really think it will be that difficult to replace him, but if you go by what's said here, you would think he's the best o-lineman thats ever played the game.

I don't think he'll fit with our system and I don't think he's the type of guy were looking for. We'll find out soon enough, but IMO he'll stay with Buffalo or go to another team running a ZBS.

Buffalo isn`t a team i have watched so Levitre was a nobody to me. When I read that he was battling for a starters job the season before last after having started for a few years, that tells me what i suspected considering his size. A better than average pass blocker which is always nice, and not so much of a run blocker. (Lilja) Guys that can do Both really well are Supermen.

New nothing of Vasquez either, but when I saw he weighed 335 I`m thinking road grader. haha! Low and behold as I get it he is a better pass blocker. Just give me a Young guy who plays every Sunday with Vasquez like skills and that sounds really good.