Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amobi Okoye

It's not often that a 25 year old former top ten pick is available for cheap (unless they have off the field issues and such). I think he'd be a great addition just for potential. He would be a DE in our system.

It's not often that a 25 year old former top ten pick is available for cheap (unless they have off the field issues and such). I think he'd be a great addition just for potential. He would be a DE in our system.

I've always wanted to see him do well, and he's had his flashes, but never really shown up. He's had mostly experience in the 4-3, and I believe a year in the 3-4. If he can be had cheap, which I can't imagine he'd command much, I'd be all for giving him a shot..

I remember he was very young, perhaps one of the youngest in his draft class.

A small, undersized 4-3 DT, around 300 pounds.

Don't know if he'd be willing to sign with a 3-4 teams, but if so, and if healthy, I'd be interested in him as well....

At 19 he is the youngest player to ever be drafted into the NFL. I think we could convince him that since he has been a bust in a 4-3 that maybe he belongs in a 3-4. And being a defensive end sounds better than a tackle.

Edit- But nicer words than bust.

We already have a version of him in Drake Nevis. I don't think Okoye would bring anything different than Drake does for this team. Passable as a 3-4 DE but really a 4-3 3-tech DT.

And how can you know he is "really a 4-3 DT" if you haven't seen him play in a 3-4?

And how can you know he is "really a 4-3 DT" if you haven't seen him play in a 3-4?

That's why I qualified it with "I don't think".  I don't "know". But that is all he has played in his career and his frame and skillset were a better fit in the 4-3 IMO.