Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two year plan

Grigson give me two years of solid pick ups in free agency I'll give you three strikes out of seven players maybe three starters from this years draft, and trade next years entire draft for the number one spot. Clowny and luck win and win. Superbowl recipe for sure. Lol

He would be the consensus number one this year and the chiefs because they run a 3-4 would draft joeckle or trade out instead I think not. This kid has almost as much hype as luck did. If he lives up to expectations he should have a Reggie white type impact in games. I think grigs is smart enough not to tho. In grigson I trust.

Thinking that far ahead makes my head spin...

remember last year around this time when people were saying that we should sell the farm to get R.Woods in 2013?... Now we can get him if we want him, but my guess is that we don't... Remember when people were saying that Barkley might have been the second QB taken in last year's draft? I do.

Things have a way of changing drastically over the course of a year. I'd like the team to set themselves up (financially and talent-wise) to have some flexibility when it comes to personnel decisions for 2014.

Clowny is a can't miss prospect, but he might not be #1 in next year's draft regardless of who picks there...

Thinking that far ahead makes my head spin...

remember last year around this time when people were saying that we should sell the farm to get R.Woods in 2013?... Now we can get him if we want him, but my guess is that we don't... Remember when people were saying that Barkley might have been the second QB taken in last year's draft? I do.

Things have a way of changing drastically over the course of a year. I'd like the team to set themselves up (financially and talent-wise) to have some flexibility when it comes to personnel decisions for 2014.

Clowny is a can't miss prospect, but he might not be #1 in next year's draft regardless of who picks there...

All good points and I agree 100%...Clowney looked like a lab-created monster last season and is probably a sure bet to continue it.

I don't like thinking too far ahead either....but all we have to do is remember what 20-25M in cap space invested in 2 out of 53 players often resulted in. That would be early playoff exits....and the scenario of a Luck/Clowney-centric Colts roster bears a troubling resemblance to the Manning/Freeney model that absolutely devoured our salary-cap and with the exception of one season, left us 4-5 players deficient when playoff time rolled around.

Do we really want to see ourselves 5 years from now locked into the same pathetic salary cap situation we were in for the last 15....and knowing how many draft picks we'd squandered getting there?

We need to draft smarter and pay smarter...and I THINK Ryan Grigson gets that.

The last time someone traded their entire draft for one prospect he got canned for sucking.  

I don't know that there is a prospect out there that is good enough to trade an entire draft for.  

What we need is to draft a couple of star players, we already have one in Luck and possibly a second in Allen, and fill in and draft (with maybe a few FA pickups) a bunch of different role players who are good starters but not elite players who want $10 million a year to play.  

I get your point. Wouldn`t it be Great to get Clowney. Sure would. Of course NOONE would be interested in our 4,5,6,7th round picks haha.
 More like an RGIII deal don`t ya think?

Because we got NUTHIN' but a $26Million rehab bill for Manning and the rest of our beloved PRO-BOWLERS, we are in POOR position to do anything Exotic.

San Fran may stockpile for next years draft. Hopefully they are interested in our next year #2 so we can work it into this draft. :colts: