Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos wont target needed MID in Draft or FA but will let Nate Irving & Steve Johnson to compete,THIS IS NOT how u stop TE Threat that plagued team

bayone

The
Denver Post had an interesting nugget
Sunday when it mentioned that the Denver Broncos
plan to fill one of their biggest needs in-house and not in free agency or in
the draft.

den.gifThe newspaper reported the team plans to allow third-year player Nate Irving and second-year player Steve Johnson to compete for the middle
linebacker job. Joe Mays began last season as the starter
and Keith Brooking took over early in the
season. Brooking, a summer addition, played well and was a leader on the
defense. But he is 37. Brooking is a free agent.

Both Irving and Johnson
are interesting players, but it is a bit of a risk relying on one of those two
players as being a starter. It is a strong rookie class at middle linebacker
and
the Broncos could conceivably take a player at the position with the No. 28
overall pick.

In the end, I think Denver will at least consider adding
another starting competitor at the position. I asked Matt Williamson of Scouts
Inc. what he thinks of the current plan.
Like me, he is skeptical that it will
come down to simply Irving versus Johnson.

“Denver’s middle linebacker
is really just a two-down player,” Williamson said. ”Still, I also don’t believe
them when they say they will stick with these two. Someone will be added at some
point.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/54969/is-denvers-mlb-plan-sound&ex_cid=MyESPNToday_Team

Sounds to me like some rumor allegedly put up by a team, as to attempt to confuse other teams as to what direction they may or may not be planning in the draft or FA...In the scenario described, I can't see them just having 2 MLB's to compete, especially with the injury bug is nowadays.

This is the GENERAL forum.. all team information that is not Colts is to go here. If you dont want to know other teams information, dont come to the General Section. Its that simple.

so if the jets are trying to figure out who their nobody MLB will be would it get a thread too. no its only because its only for the fake bronco fans

Just because the Broncos may not take an inside or middle linebacker in the first round doesn't mean they won't take one in another round....

And Denver knows more about its back-ups and practice squad guys than media and fans do.... 

I think Elway has done a nice job of turning over and reshaping that roster....

Also, the poster who said don't believe most of what is put out there for public consumption is correct....   it might be true, and then again,  it's just as likely that it's not true...

NFL disinformation is practically an art form...

Sounds to me like some rumor allegedly put up by a team, as to attempt to confuse other teams as to what direction they may or may not be planning in the draft or FA...In the scenario described, I can't see them just having 2 MLB's to compete, especially with the injury bug is nowadays.

This time of year, do not believe anything, even those that come from the horse's mouth (Elway, j/k :))

For a team that played nickel 67% of the time during the year, expect coverage LBs to be drafted.

Just because the Broncos may not take an inside or middle linebacker in the first round doesn't mean they won't take one in another round....

And Denver knows more about its back-ups and practice squad guys than media and fans do.... 

I think Elway has done a nice job of turning over and reshaping that roster....

Also, the poster who said don't believe most of what is put out there for public consumption is correct....   it might be true, and then again,  it's just as likely that it's not true...

NFL disinformation is practically an art form...

agree, article itself ponts out as I posted 

In the end, I think Denver will at least consider adding

another starting competitor at the position. THATS THE WRITER GIVING HIS OPINION 

Matt Williamson of Scouts

Inc. what he thinks of the current plan. Like me, he is skeptical that it will

come down to simply Irving versus Johnson.

“Denver’s middle linebacker

is really just a two-down player,” Williamson said. ”Still, I also don’t believe

them when they say they will stick with these two. Someone will be added at some

point.”

==========