Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

i just thought of something

CR91

Just admit you lost so we can end this please. You just look silly now. Why does my quote not count? Because it proves you wrong? And yes I think that Rodgers is better than Brady and is on his way to being the best ever.

Lost what? I can pull up about 100 articles where Brady says Montana is the best ever and that he would never be in Joe's league. He says it basically every year after be breaks one of Joe's records. He is a humble guy who will never put himself ahead of anyone.

You can believe what you want about Rodgers but right now Flacco is better than him with a 9-4 post season mark. He has to catch him first, his peer and then try to win 12 more playoff games and two rings to catch his idol. I am not betting he will.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost what? I can pull up about 100 articles where Brady says Montana is the best ever and that he would never be in Joe's league. He says it basically every year after be breaks one of Joe's records. He is a humble guy who will never put himself ahead of anyone.

You can believe what you want about Rodgers but right now Flacco is better than him with a 9-4 post season mark. He has to catch him first, his peer and then try to win 12 more playoff games and two rings to catch his idol. I am not betting he will.

Yep he's real humble.

"We're only going to score 17? ahahahah" -Tom Brady before the Super Bowl vs the Giants.

Yep he's real humble.

"We're only going to score 17? ahahahah" -Tom Brady before the Super Bowl vs the Giants.

Considering he put up 38 on them the last week of the season. Plus, he said both teams would score more than 17 and 14 points not just the Pats. Most mis-quoted quote of his.

Considering he put up 38 on them the last week of the season. Plus, he said both teams would score more than 17 and 14 points not just the Pats. Most mis-quoted quote of his.

It's alright. I don't necessarily feel the need to have a discussion with a guy who thinks Joe Flacco is better than Aaron Rodgers anyway. You'd probably have better luck at the ESPN comment section where they deal in ridiculous drivel and brash generalization anyway. 

:facepalm: ...If we are going to convict & charge Peyton Manning, in this conversation, for choking in the playoffs, then he deserves a right to have a fair trial, in consideration of that fact the he only plays offense. He is at fault, for not capitalizing on opportunities on offense, when he had the chance to do so. If scores points, who is responsible for stopping the other team from scoring, and giving his offense a chance to score again? If the defense has irritable bowels, and can stop the runs, why would you blame the QB for missing tackles, and dropping interceptions?  Looking back at the 11 playoff appearances, He & the Defense, during his time in INDY, are guilty of :ill: .. :barf:... :yuk: in the playoffs.

We can fantasize all we want, but you can't pervert or logically rationalize the idea that Peyton is totally responsible for us not having multiple :lombardi: 's, in our horse stable. If the offense scores points, the purpose of even having a defense, is so they can't stop the other team from scoring. How well they do that determines if you win or not. That is the rule, there are no pros or cons about it, nor any disagreement to be made about that. That is the game of NFL football. I realize who im talking to, and i expect the responses to more emotional, than rational. So have fun with this post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indianapolis_Colts_seasons

You make a 100% valid point about the Colts defense during Manning's time in Indy....and really, almost every loss in the NFL is a team loss. Still....there are those exceptions when bad execution on 2 or 3 plays can rest it on the QBs shoulders. In Manning's case one of the losses to New England and certainly his mistake in the loss to the Ravens this year fit that description.

The overall summary of Peyton's career with us, IMO, boils down to the team constructed around him by Bill Polian and the overemphasis on Manning's role and the role of the passing attack.

Our softness in the O-line with "small, quick and mobile" personnel....especially at OG often spelled doom in the playoffs when a more ball-control balanced offense would have come in handy. And the Chargers, for one, knew full well that Peyton's effectiveness plummeted when he was rushed up the middle and forced to roll out....a physical skill he sorely lacked. Plus...we never truly emphasized a power element to our rushing attack and after losing Edge, Tarik Glenn and Jake Scott we had almost no capability to do so, which playoff opponents after our SB win also knew full well.

And making matters worse....literally constructing our defense like Polian and Dungy did.....again, with "small, quick and mobile" personnel, and designed to play with a lead that Peyton was expected to hand them was a philosophy that yes, helped us achieve playoff appearances and 12-win regular seasons...but more then met its match against physical offensive lines and better balanced playoff offenses.

Special teams were mostly putrid the entire time and it pains me just to think about them.

But we were the classic definition of a QB-centric team. Now, was THAT entirely Peyton's fault? No....but he did kinda, sorta revel in it. Yes....QB is the most important position on the offense and sets the tone for a team's overall success. But you don't construct the entire freaking team...including the defense....around him. Again....it might work in the regular season but in the playoffs its a different story.

Meanwhile, Polian grew even more obstinate in his approach as time went by and as our salary cap space went down the toilet. His team-building philosophy only got us so far, when maybe 3-4 more physical players at OG/DT and a slight tweak to our offensive philosophy could have gotten us another ring or two.

So Manning does NOT shoulder the blame for all of his playoff losses but his perceived infallibility was badly exposed when we played more physical, more balanced playoff teams. 

And on a couple of occasions, yes, it was he who crapped the bed with his own critical mistakes and/or playoff mediocrity. Which, with the recent Ravens loss, has helped build his growing reputation as a regular-season wonder and not a "money" QB in the playoffs.

The good news is that we appear to have learned from all this....and Andrew Luck may be given a more sound team approach to operate with.

It's alright. I don't necessarily feel the need to have a discussion with a guy who thinks Joe Flacco is better than Aaron Rodgers anyway. You'd probably have better luck at the ESPN comment section where they deal in ridiculous drivel and brash generalization anyway. 

I did not say was Flacco was better but right now with a 9-4 playoff record and three conference champ appearances and a post-season where he went 11 TDs and 0 picks is better than Rodgers. He needs to work on catching him first before Brady. Not to mention Eli who owns him right now.

looking at all of peyton's losses in the playoff, the teams he lost to a lot of them when on to win the super bowl or got really close. 

Any time a team wins a playoff game, they can say they got "really close" to the super bowl.  

Think about it.  If a team wins their division and draws a first round bye  (like the Colts did a lot in the Manning era)  then loses, they lost to the team that will play in the conference championship game.  So there's a pretty good chance they lost to a super bowl participant.

Any time a team wins a playoff game, they can say they got "really close" to the super bowl.  

Think about it.  If a team wins their division and draws a first round bye  (like the Colts did a lot in the Manning era)  then loses, they lost to the team that will play in the conference championship game.  So there's a pretty good chance they lost to a super bowl participant.

both the jets and chargers were wild card teams

You know Dustin, it is a shame really for Rodgers, he sat behind Favre for three seasons which really hurst him in terms of being able to catch any of the greats in terms of wins or even stats. Not to mention that all the young talent save for Luck went to the NFC - Newton, RG, Russell, Kaep. Not to mention Eli who seems to have his number. Brady is more likely to have a better chance to win another ring over the next 3 seasons than Rodgers. I also think McCarthy should be fired or at least the OC.

Hey, did you see this. Rodgers likes him some Tom Brady. But then again, who doesn't want to be like the g.o.a.t.?

Dissecting Tom Brady's 41 playoff TDs

January, 17, 2013

Jan 175:06AM ETBy David Fleming | ESPN The Magazine Recommend62Tweet19Comments126EmailPrint

Kurt Snibbe/ESPN.com

Behold the complete and annotated (and massive) list of Tom Brady's 41 playoff TD passes. Near the end of last season I sat down with Aaron Rodgers for a fascinating and in-depth look at the art of playing quarterback. After elevating the most dynamic and demanding position in sports to an entirely new level, Rodgers was on the verge of winning the 2011 NFL MVP Award. But consistently during our lengthy and wide-ranging conversation, one other quarterback’s name kept coming up.

This was the guy Rodgers studied and wanted to learn from. This was the quarterback Rodgers measured himself and all others by. The rest of us might be in awe of Rodgers, I kept thinking, but he’s still in awe of this guy.

Tom Brady.

Aaron Rodgers elevated the QB position to a new level, really? :facepalm:

well peyton did call him one of the best qbs in nfl history

Guess so and Kaep elevated it again this year...

It's very over stated though, when I read something like that I'm thinking the best season any QB ever had. I should expect it though when the first word of the article is " BEHOLD "

Guess so and Kaep elevated it again this year...

How did Kaep elevate it? Cam Newton has been doing the same thing better for 2 years and hasn't had the receivers that Kaep has. 

If Cam were playing in a large market area he'd be acclaimed a revolutionary QB and if Kaep was in a small market he'd be called a poor mans Cam Newton.

looking at all of peyton's losses in the playoff, the teams he lost to a lot of them when on to win the super bowl or got really close. 2007 chargers and 2010 jets made the afc championship game 1999 titans made the super bowl, 2003 2004 patriots won the super bowl. 2005 steelers won the super bowl. 2009 saints won the super bowl. 2012 ravens won the super bowl. does knowing this change the idea that peyton chokes in the playoffs

Well the Colts usually got a bye due to their great regular season record, so therefore if a team beats them they are automatically pretty close to the superbowl. I am not sure this outlooks changes anything.

Well the Colts usually got a bye due to their great regular season record, so therefore if a team beats them they are automatically pretty close to the superbowl. I am not sure this outlooks changes anything.

jets and chargers were wild card teams

jets and chargers were wild card teams

So? That does not change anything. Your point is all the teams the beat the Colts ended up going really far, my point is of course they did if you beat a team that had a bye than you are already so far in the playoffs you are near the superbowl. Does not matter if their opponent was a wildcard, by beating the Colts you are now almost at the superbowl. I do not see how it is a good thing for the Colts, even in retrospect. 

You could essentially say the exact same thing about the Patriots over the last decade.

So? That does not change anything. Your point is all the teams the beat the Colts ended up going really far, my point is of course they did if you beat a team that had a bye than you are already so far in the playoffs you are near the superbowl. Does not matter if their opponent was a wildcard, by beating the Colts you are now almost at the superbowl. I do not see how it is a good thing for the Colts, even in retrospect. 

You could essentially say the exact same thing about the Patriots over the last decade.

Except the Pats won three rings and made the SB five times in 10 years.

jets beat the colts in the wild card on their way to the AFC championship. regardless if the team had to win once to make the championship or twice for the super bowl the point is still valid

Except the Pats won three rings and made the SB five times in 10 years.

I said "Over the last decade"

And you post stats and records that happened over 10 years ago. (2/3 of those SB's were over 10 years ago, the other around 9 years old.)

Do you know what a decade is? Or did you choose not to fully read my post? 

Unrelated: Hey guys I think we found the true allegiance of this troll and why he has such a hate for Manning! ^

How did Kaep elevate it? Cam Newton has been doing the same thing better for 2 years and hasn't had the receivers that Kaep has. 

If Cam were playing in a large market area he'd be acclaimed a revolutionary QB and if Kaep was in a small market he'd be called a poor mans Cam Newton.

Steve Smith is better than any receiver Kaep has.

looking at all of peyton's losses in the playoff, the teams he lost to a lot of them when on to win the super bowl or got really close. 2007 chargers and 2010 jets made the afc championship game 1999 titans made the super bowl, 2003 2004 patriots won the super bowl. 2005 steelers won the super bowl. 2009 saints won the super bowl. 2012 ravens won the super bowl. does knowing this change the idea that peyton chokes in the playoffs

The choker label is a tool of Peyton Manning haters , The choke artists for the Colts was the defense even the year we won the SB our regular season defense was the worst in the league how we made a defensive run in the playoffs is to this day a mystery to me . The QB gets the credit or blame for a teams success .

I lost you. Do you or don't you think Cam and Kaep are the same QB?

No. Cam is more accurate and a better game manager. Comparing either of them to Vince Young is ignorant because they have nothing in common other than speed. And even both are them are significantly faster than Young.

No. Cam is more accurate and a better game manager. Comparing either of them to Vince Young is ignorant because they have nothing in common other than speed. And even both are them are significantly faster than Young.

Cam is more accurate? Did you watch Kaep this year put the ball on the hands on throws of 20 yards or more? Kaep also has more mental toughness than Cam at this point. The Vince Young comparison was based on Cam's mental make up which many analysts have also noted this past season.

Cam is more accurate? Did you watch Kaep this year put the ball on the hands on throws of 20 yards or more? Kaep also has more mental toughness than Cam at this point. The Vince Young comparison was based on Cam's mental make up which many analysts have also noted this past season.

Mentally tougher eh? You mean the guy who looked lost for the 3 quarters of the Super Bowl and cost them the game because of terrible clock management?

Mentally tougher eh? You mean the guy who looked lost for the 3 quarters of the Super Bowl and cost them the game because of terrible clock management?

You are kidding, right? THe niner D did not even show up or its special teams. Kaep almost led them all the way back from a 22 point hold which would have been the greatest come back in SB history. Did you also miss the NFC champ game when he came back from 17-0 deficit? Or when he smoked your boy Rodgers putting on a record setting post season performance?

You are kidding, right? THe niner D did not even show up or its special teams. Kaep almost led them all the way back from a 22 point hold which would have been the greatest come back in SB history. Did you also miss the NFC champ game when he came back from 17-0 deficit? Or when he smoked your boy Rodgers putting on a record setting post season performance?

Lololol keep making excuses.

ok. when you can't argue anymore just resort to insults. You may not agree with me but you will notice that I never ever insult anyone for their opinion no matter how much I disagree. You seem to do it routinely. Why?

It's not an insult, it's a fact. You are literately in another thread calling out Aaron Rodgers for being a "one hit wonder" even though he's statisticly the best post season QB ever, but in here your saying that it doesn't matter if Kaep won the Super Bowl because he had a "heck of a post'-season" statisticly playing on one of the most complete teams in the league while Rodger entire O-line and receiving corps was decimated to injures.That's hypocritical.

It's not an insult, it's a fact. You are literately in another thread calling out Aaron Rodgers for being a "one hit wonder" even though he's statisticly the best post season QB ever, but in here your saying that it doesn't matter if Kaep won the Super Bowl because he had a "heck of a post'-season" statisticly playing on one of the most complete teams in the league while Rodger entire O-line and receiving corps was decimated to injures.That's hypocritical.

Rodgers is not the best post-season QB. Come on now. Man, you really are in love with him? I know it hurts that Kaep smoked him and you won't give him any credit. But the guy is big time.

Rodgers is not the best post-season QB. Come on now. Man, you really are in love with him? I know it hurts that Kaep smoked him and you won't give him any credit. But the guy is big time.

I said statisticly. Look it up if you want. He has the highest post season passer rating of any Qb in league history.