Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we re-sign Powers?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Powers should be resigned. 

I don't buy into this zone cover CB crap.  He is a good CB and will make us a better team by having him.  I feel a lot of people on here are stuck on the fact he got IRed 2 years in a row.  Stuff happens, he is no more likely to get injured this year than any rookie, FA, or other CB on our roster. He played at a high level b4 getting injured and I really hope he stays a Colt.  Another year with Pagano and him playing #2 or #3 instead of #1 could be huge for him.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powers should be resigned. 

I don't buy into this zone cover CB crap.  He is a good CB and will make us a better team by having him.  I feel a lot of people on here are stuck on the fact he got IRed 2 years in a row.  Stuff happens, he is no more likely to get injured this year than any rookie, FA, or other CB on our roster. He played at a high level b4 getting injured and I really hope he stays a Colt.  Another year with Pagano and him playing #2 or #3 instead of #1 could be huge for him.  

I'm fine whether he stay's or goes honestly. If he stay's, I hope he's the nickle corner.

If he goes from covering the likes of Andre Johnson to hmm.... uh... whoever the heck houston's 3rd WR is, then he will look like a stud

I think he's pretty good when he can stay healthy. I think he can be a very good nickle corner, but if he's looking for #2 corner money, as far as I'm concerned he can take his talents elsewhere. He's not worthy of anything over 4 mil. per season IMO.

per rotoworld:

According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, the Chargers "look to be
considering a run" at free agent CB Jerraud Powers.

Both of the Chargers' incumbent starting cornerbacks (Antoine
Cason, Quentin Jammer) are free agents, and Powers played in a defensive scheme
similar to Chargers DC John Pagano's under Pagano's brother, Chuck, in
Indianapolis last season. Powers is a talented 25-year-old who's mostly
underachieved to this point in his career. He's not likely to break the bank in
free agency.

He was average at best at Auburn, nothing great in Man, As of today he is our #2 Corner in a Man cover scheme and he clearly lacks recovery speed, ask yourself, Do I want Powers as my number 2 Corner? I think he is a pure Zone Corner

Actually there were quite a few reports that came out after Jerraud was drafted saying that had Jerraud been closer to 6' he could have been a low 1st rounder. He is NOT 5'10 and is actually around 5'8. Seen him at a Pacer game 2 years ago and a friend of mine was virtually shoulder to shoulder with him and he's not 5'10 and all he kept saying was "man he's little" haha...