Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heres a new pick i havent seen yet

24. Indianapolis ColtsCornellius "Tank" Carradine, OLB, Florida State, Senior: The Colts not only improved a ton on offense in 2012, but their switch to a 34 defense was much more successful in its first year than many expected. While Dwight Freeney has had a great career in Indianapolis, he is a free agent and likely will not return. So the Colts take a gamble on Carradine who would have been a top ten pick if he had not injured his knee late in the 2012 season.

thoughts?

Things I like about Carradine 

1.Quick first step(although sometimes he is late getting off the ball)

2.High motor

3.Has a bit of a swim move to get around slower O Linemen

4.Can drop back and cover short zones 

5.Active hands

6.Good play recognition skills

7.Very good pursuit skills

Things I dont like about Carradine

1.Hand speed

2.Lack of use of spin move

3.Has trouble getting off blocks at times especially when bull rushing, looks like lack of strength

4.Will overpursuit sometimes and take himself out of the play

5.Average burst when closing in on QB 

Overall I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him, he has a ways to develop, Maybe if we trade down into the early 2nd or get him at the top of the 3rd

Well...   I saw Carradine mocked in the first round before he broke a leg.   I think that's why he's being mocked in the 3rd...  but he might be viewed as a 1st round talent.    

I don't know how well his recovery is going...    by the way,  was it a broken leg, or did he blow-up a knee?    Anyone know?

For me,  his biggest negative is that he was a DE in a 4-3 scheme.   Who knows if he could be a 3-4 OLB??    And I don't think he's anywhere near big enough to be a 3-4 DE.    

So,  do you really want to spend a #1 on a guy who may not fit your scheme and may not be healthy enough to play even if he can play the scheme? 

Just sayin......