Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colt's off-season profile from Yahoo's Shutdown Corner....

NewColtsFan

A good read of our off-season....

It's not only includes all of our free agents, both restricted and unrestricted.....   but it also has some salary cap info and the salaries for FA's that you're trying to keep by tendering an offer....

A worthwhile read....     Enjoy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-offseason-tps-report-indianapolis-colts-154151460--nfl.html

A good read of our off-season....

It's not only includes all of our free agents, both restricted and unrestricted.....   but it also has some salary cap info and the salaries for FA's that you're trying to keep by tendering an offer....

A worthwhile read....     Enjoy!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-offseason-tps-report-indianapolis-colts-154151460--nfl.html

Thanks, it's nice just to read anything at this time of the year.

I don't expect any in depth analysis, but it sort of bugs me when people just cite stats to define a team.  Yes, our defense was ranked in the bottom five or six.  But it improved steadily as the season went on.  Sure, the Chiefs ran all over us, but how many TDs did they score?

And how many defenses gave up one TD a game in the last quarter of the season?  It's not who you were, it's who you are.  By the end of the season that defense was in the top half of the league, maybe higher IMHO.

Thanks, it's nice just to read anything at this time of the year.

I don't expect any in depth analysis, but it sort of bugs me when people just cite stats to define a team. Yes, our defense was ranked in the bottom five or six. But it improved steadily as the season went on. Sure, the Chiefs ran all over us, but how many TDs did they score?

And how many defenses gave up one TD a game in the last quarter of the season? It's not who you were, it's who you are. By the end of the season that defense was in the top half of the league, maybe higher IMHO.

In the 11 wins the Colts had, the defense gave up an avg. of 18.5pts/g. It was when the offense sputtered when the defense faltered as well. I was really impressed with Pagano/Manusky in how they prepared and dealt with the injuries. We didn't play very many powerhouse offenses but outside of the Jets game they didn't make any of those offenses look better than they were.

A couple good moves on defense this offseason and they are easily a top-15 defense if not better.

Numbers may not lie, but they can be misleading.  His statistical assesment makes the Colts sound like a team with a losing record.  Last ranked defense, last ranked offensive line, QB who was ranked low in efficiency, defense only played good against weak lines, etc...yet the eyeball test and the field of play proved we were a playoff team.  Go figure....I mean, don't go "figure".