Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Colts Mock Draft

Wont know a more accurate mock until we see what our free agent signings look like, but...

I do hope we come out with both OLB Anthony Spencer and OG Louis Vasquez.

Now for the draft...

*Indy trades 24th overall pick to Arizona for their 2nd, 3rd round picks*

2nd(via trade)- CB Xavier Rhodes (I have seen many mocks of him lasting to the early 2nd, so it could very well happen since Banks is the 2nd rated CB right now with Desmond Trufant rising as well. Would make a great tandem with Davis.)

3rd(via trade)- OG Larry Warford (Top of the 3rd is a good spot for him in my view. While he has great size, he isnt the best pulling OG out there, so certain teams may not want him early in the draft.)

3rd- SS Phillip Thomas (A true SS that can also cover, he would instantly be the best SS we have on the roster, and suddenly our DB core looks a lot better with Rhodes and Thomas added.)

4th- CB Darius Slay (A 4th corner is needed plus if Davis or Rhodes gets injured we need a guy could has the talent to start. We now have size at the postion with Slay at 6-1 and Rhodes at 6-2.)

I feel we should go defense heavy in this draft, and next year we can get a future #1 WR for Luck along with better talent on the DL.

DRAFT 2013

1. Trade (2nd, 3rd, 5th) (Compensatory: 5th or 6th for Peyton Manning)

2. Warford, Thomas, Watson, Jones (OL) or Banks (CB) or Elam (S)

3. Thomas, Brown, Jenkins, Porter (LB)

3. DaRick Rogers, Chris Harper, Kenyon Barner  (WR/RB) 

4. Thomas (S) or Hyde, Slay, Hawthorne (CB)

5. Jonathan Franklin, Stephen Taylor, Levon Bell, Mike Gillislee (RB)

5. Hawkinson, Armstead (OL) or Motta (S)

6. Brad Wing (P)

7. ?

FA

Killeen (OLB/DE), Kelley (WR), Kruger (DL), Baker and/or Levitre (OL)

Re-Sign
Butler
Vaughn
Moala

Karim

I have a question for anyone who can help me. I live in Maryland. I am not going to be able too see the draft on draft day and I do not have dvr  too record it. Does anyone have the capability of taping on vhs? If you do I would gladly pay for  tape and your time for recording for me :thmup: my email is coltsfan40@yahoo.com. my name is Mark. Its not easy being colts fan here since I am 52. I knew colts back when payed in 60,s and 70,s and when they left I satyed with the horseshoe :blueshoe:  :thmup: I would very much appreciate anyone of colts community here that can help me out :highfive2:. As for the draft I donm,t think Warford last til third and assuming we get some guards in fa and de/dt in fa, I am all for taking best available in first or a trade down. In my opinion we need a safety and corners at least (2) by the draft of fa. I like elam he should be their when we pick. Thank you if you can spread the word and help me out go colts :blueshoe:  :thmup: !!! 

like the draft, BUT don't see Arizona/ Arians trading for a low first and giving up their top 2nd and 3rd rounds.

if it happened.. I would get a DE,OLB or DL with the 4th pick

It's fun to mock for position sake...FA will change a few of our picks.  We might be able to sweeten the deal (W/Arizona) by offering Stanton...never know.  Mocking is like baseball.... If we can get 3 of our top 10 needs (Whatever needs the brass think we will have) then we will be fine...  DE  (FA-Kruger?)  OLB (Draft-Brown,Ogletree, or Jenkins...) DL... too many on the roster for a reach... maybe Kwame Geathers... Cheers

The only team that makes sense to trade with is Cincinnati, as they have two second round picks. Now, with the idea that Arizona would even consider trading with us would have to be a player in the likes of Vacarro, Ansah, or Johnson being available at 24. Now with that said: Do they trade up to pick up one player, when their entire line needs to be addressed? And even so, the players mentioned would be hard to not take in to consideration for our own picks. Now, the reason I am stuck on trading with Cincinnati: They need help at the Safety position (as do we). But they're more likely to put the offer on the table should Vacarro fall, or if they think Elam will go after us (Baltimore, SF). They trade up from 37, and we get 37, 3rd and 5th round picks. Now I could be dreaming here, but for some odd reason this just makes sense for both teams. I mean, a third round and fifth round pick for an additional first round? I Would. 

based on analysis of all 32 teams 16 are in need at the safety position. the Rams and Patriots are expected to take the top FS & SS in the first round. the Colts should select strong safety Jonathan Cyprien with the first pick. otherwise he will fall to either the 49ers the first round or even more likely to Eagles in the second round.

3) DE Cornellius Carradine, ILB Nico Johnson (3/4 run stopper)

4) DE/OLB David Bass, G Alvin Bailey, OLB Lerentee McCray (3/4)

5) DT Kwame Geathers, CB Tyrann Mathieu

6) CB Terry Hawthorne, RB Cierre Wood, CB/S Sanders Cummings

7) K Caleb Sturgis, WR Brandon Kaufman

The only team that makes sense to trade with is Cincinnati, as they have two second round picks. Now, with the idea that Arizona would even consider trading with us would have to be a player in the likes of Vacarro, Ansah, or Johnson being available at 24. Now with that said: Do they trade up to pick up one player, when their entire line needs to be addressed? And even so, the players mentioned would be hard to not take in to consideration for our own picks. Now, the reason I am stuck on trading with Cincinnati: They need help at the Safety position (as do we). But they're more likely to put the offer on the table should Vacarro fall, or if they think Elam will go after us (Baltimore, SF). They trade up from 37, and we get 37, 3rd and 5th round picks. Now I could be dreaming here, but for some odd reason this just makes sense for both teams. I mean, a third round and fifth round pick for an additional first round? I Would. 

Would need to be a 2nd for the colts to move on that deal.  2nd, 5th... FA will dictate how we will proceed.  We do have 40 million to play with... I can see us getting a couple needs on the D/D-Line & O-Line signed.  Then...combining a 4th, 6th, to move up into the 2nd for another need.  2 2nd rounders 1 3rd 1 5th and 1 7th...round pick?  Maybe not... Maybe Dallas, KC, Arizona, will want a QB in the late 1st round...

Cincinnati needs to spend a lot of money to reach the minimum $$$ for a team...they will be signing a few free agents.

Not sure why you pick a Weak Roster Team like AZ. to cough up two likely starters for 1. Unlikey.

Moving back to 31 with San Fran who has 13 picks would be much more likely. That would net picks of a 3rd and a 6th.

We would still be in an interesting position to trade back again.

Ending up with a fairly early 2nd, and manuevering for another mid to late 2nd/Early 3rd sounds really good.

Would need to be a 2nd for the colts to move on that deal.  2nd, 5th... FA will dictate how we will proceed.  We do have 40 million to play with... I can see us getting a couple needs on the D/D-Line & O-Line signed.  Then...combining a 4th, 6th, to move up into the 2nd for another need.  2 2nd rounders 1 3rd 1 5th and 1 7th...round pick?  Maybe not... Maybe Dallas, KC, Arizona, will want a QB in the late 1st round...

Cincinnati needs to spend a lot of money to reach the minimum $$$ for a team...they will be signing a few free agents.

37 overall = 2nd round pick