Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Board 1.0

I don't really want to do a mock because picking at the end of the round makes it nearly impossible so I figure I would make a board where I think value meets need. Note I'm not putting in names I am confident will go in top 15.

Round 1 - Lane Johnson, Sheldon Richardson, Jonathan Cooper, Ezekiel Ansah, Kenny Vacarro, Matt Elam, Desmond Trufant, Keenan Allen, Coradelle Patterson, Datone Jones

Round 3 - Stephan Taylor, Chase Thomas, Brandon Jenkins, Sean Porter, Travis frederick, Dallas Thomas, Menelik Watson, Baccari Rambo, Johnathan Cyprien, Bernie Logan, Robert Alford, DaRick Rogers

Round 4 - Leon McFadden, Sio Moore, Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Shawn Williams, Aaaron Mellette

I don't really want to do a mock because picking at the end of the round makes it nearly impossible so I figure I would make a board where I think value meets need. Note I'm not putting in names I am confident will go in top 15.

Round 1 - Lane Johnson, Sheldon Richardson, Jonathan Cooper, Ezekiel Ansah, Kenny Vacarro, Matt Elam, Desmond Trufant, Keenan Allen, Coradelle Patterson, Datone Jones

Round 3 - Stephan Taylor, Chase Thomas, Brandon Jenkins, Sean Porter, Travis frederick, Dallas Thomas, Menelik Watson, Baccari Rambo, Johnathan Cyprien, Bernie Logan, Robert Alford, DaRick Rogers

Round 4 - Leon McFadden, Sio Moore, Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine, Corey Lemonier, Shawn Williams, Aaaron Mellette

As much as I wish that Menelik Watson would fall to the bottom of the 3rd, let's get real: Watson, at the latest, will go early 2nd round especially if he stands to put of the kind of numbers I expect him to at the Combine. Also, Tank Carradine will not last into the 4th round, and neither will Travis Frederick nor Dallas Thomas nor Johnathan Cyprien into the 3rd.  

Also, trading out of the 1st and get a few more pick would not be a bad idea. However, going by what you're suggesting:

1) Jonathan Cooper OG

2) N/A

3) Chase Thomas OLB

4) Aaron Mellette WR (though it may be a reach)

Corey Lemonier in the 4th? He recently beat a nun or something?

As much as I wish that Menelik Watson would fall to the bottom of the 3rd, let's get real: Watson, at the latest, will go early 2nd round especially if he stands to put of the kind of numbers I expect him to at the Combine. Also, Tank Carradine will not last into the 4th round, and neither will Travis Frederick nor Dallas Thomas nor Johnathan Cyprien into the 3rd.  

Also, trading out of the 1st and get a few more pick would not be a bad idea. However, going by what you're suggesting:

1) Jonathan Cooper OG

2) N/A

3) Chase Thomas OLB

4) Aaron Mellette WR (though it may be a reach)

You are probably right about Watson but Cyprien and Thomas are possible. Both ranked in third round range

who is your source of truth?

there is not clear cut best source, they will all be proven wrong to some degree but those mocks that I see Ansah going in the first are loopy as can be to me, he dont have the production to warrant it plus he is clearly raw and will take time to develop, People want to compare him to JPP, well JPP was a terror that produced big numbers for 3 different colleges, Ansah could not carry his jock and thats just in college, 2nd round pick no higher

there is not clear cut best source, they will all be proven wrong to some degree but those mocks that I see Ansah going in the first are loopy as can be to me, he dont have the production to warrant it plus he is clearly raw and will take time to develop, People want to compare him to JPP, well JPP was a terror that produced big numbers for 3 different colleges, Ansah could not carry his jock and thats just in college, 2nd round pick no higher

I know. That's why it was an irrelevant statement. Nobody knows where anyone is going. No one mock is more accurate than another at this time. Historically, Mayock has the most accurate mock draft, but there's only one and it's right before the draft, so that's not really any help. I think most mock drafts focus more on the needs of the team rather than the prospect.

As far as Ansah goes, I see him similar to Dontari Poe's situation last year. Might not have the production, but he's a physical freak that will peak someones interest and he'll go in the first.

I never stated I had a "source of truth"...I gave my opinion of those sites and if u disagree....fine

I don't agree or disagree, because it's a subjective statement. You are saying that CBS and Walter are "two of the worst". Why are the two of the worst? What makes others better and who are the your more reliable sources?

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 31, 2013 - personal spat
Hidden by shecolt, January 31, 2013 - personal spat
I don't agree or disagree, because it's a subjective statement. You are saying that CBS and Walter are "two of the worst". Why are the two of the worst? What makes others better and who are the your more reliable sources?

Then what was your point? Of course it's subjective.....did I relay it as fact? No

There is a pretty clear cut answer to why one site for example may be worse then another site, depending on who you are an the Mock sites you use (you meaning anybody) you see guys ranked at different rounds and so forth some, almost everyone wants specific guys (such as Ansah for example or the guy I want Brandon Jenkins or Okafor) well if one site does not have one of them where we could possibly get him as well as accomadate to other players we want then some may see that mock as a bad mock then of course some sites are just inaccurate or dont go into details depending on the site

Some people just like to call out other people or sites as being crap without providing any fact or opinion as to why, and also without providing a better counter point or site that is better than the one they were shooting down.  These types of people typically add nothing but negativity to the conversation and do not provide any type of constructive opinion or information.  Which is a shame really, because some of them seem like intelligent people who could positively contribute, but they choose not to. *shrug*

Like Gavin said, there is no "best" site.  I try to look at as many as possible to get an overall idea of where the majority of the so-called experts think that certain players will go to see if we have a chance at that player.  Even then, though, there will always be surprises during the draft, like AJ Jenkins last year for example, that can either take a player off the board early that you expected to be there a round or 2 later and vice versa.

Some people just like to call out other people or sites as being crap without providing any fact or opinion as to why, and also without providing a better counter point or site that is better than the one they were shooting down.  These types of people typically add nothing but negativity to the conversation and do not provide any type of constructive opinion or information.  Which is a shame really, because some of them seem like intelligent people who could positively contribute, but they choose not to. *shrug*

Like Gavin said, there is no "best" site.  I try to look at as many as possible to get an overall idea of where the majority of the so-called experts think that certain players will go to see if we have a chance at that player.  Even then, though, there will always be surprises during the draft, like AJ Jenkins last year for example, that can either take a player off the board early that you expected to be there a round or 2 later and vice versa.

I assume this is directed at me....and as usual, your post is full of long winded nonsense.

There wasn't a need to point out why I don't favor those sites....obviously I don't agree with them. I could have blathered on for a couple paragraphs like I'm getting paid by the word explaining the same thing....but why?

I know. That's why it was an irrelevant statement. Nobody knows where anyone is going. No one mock is more accurate than another at this time. Historically, Mayock has the most accurate mock draft, but there's only one and it's right before the draft, so that's not really any help. I think most mock drafts focus more on the needs of the team rather than the prospect.

As far as Ansah goes, I see him similar to Dontari Poe's situation last year. Might not have the production, but he's a physical freak that will peak someones interest and he'll go in the first.

I think most mock drafts focus more on the needs of the team rather than the prospect.

Thats what my mocks are based on

You can cancel out wr i still think were gonna draft a defensive player in the 1st round. Peyton and Clark was cut our 2 best players on offense and we replaced them with Luck and Fleener. Freeney will be let go i think grigson will try to replace him with the 1st round pick. Sam Montgomery would be  great opposite Mathis, he's the best run stopping olb in the draft and a very good pass rusher. Montgomery reminds me a lot of a young Suggs same body type he also would be a value pick.

I assume this is directed at me....and as usual, your post is full of long winded nonsense. There wasn't a need to point out why I don't favor those sites....obviously I don't agree with them. I could have blathered on for a couple paragraphs like I'm getting paid by the word explaining the same thing....but why?

Why?  Perhaps to let others know why they should maybe look at other, better sites than the ones they're currently using.  To allow other people access to the information that you apparently feel is far superior.  But then I guess just sitting back typing "no, that's crap" is much easier than saying "that's crap because...." and "perhaps you should check out this instead....".  The latter two do require a tad more thought but can prove helpful to the rest of the fan base that frequents this board.  But then again, I guess if other people had access to the vastly superior information that you seem to have, then you wouldn't have nearly as many posts or threads to belittle.  

Why?  Perhaps to let others know why they should maybe look at other, better sites than the ones they're currently using.  To allow other people access to the information that you apparently feel is far superior.  But then I guess just sitting back typing "no, that's crap" is much easier than saying "that's crap because...." and "perhaps you should check out this instead....".  The latter two do require a tad more thought but can prove helpful to the rest of the fan base that frequents this board.  But then again, I guess if other people had access to the vastly superior information that you seem to have, then you wouldn't have nearly as many posts or threads to belittle.  

Please show me where i used "no, that it crap".

The draft sites people use on this board are well known....it's the same usual suspects. If the person I was communicating with, which wasn't you, wanted to know my opinion on which draft sites I frequent I assume he would of asked.....I would have freely have given him the info, as I have before on this board.

I really don't know what your problem is other than you don't like when someone has a differing opinion.

Please show me where i used "no, that it crap".

I was paraphrasing

The draft sites people use on this board are well known....it's the same usual suspects. If the person I was communicating with, which wasn't you, wanted to know my opinion on which draft sites I frequent I assume he would of asked.....I would have freely have given him the info, as I have before on this board.

Really?

To which you replied:

Then what was your point? Of course it's subjective.....did I relay it as fact? No

No further explanation or alternative information/opinion given.

I really don't know what your problem is other than you don't like when someone has a differing opinion.

I have no problem with people who have a differing opinion.  I actually encourage informative dialogue between those of differing opinions because that can lead to sharing of knowledge and learning.

I do have a problem with people who are downright condescending and pretentious, especially when they do not offer any alternative option, opinion or information and simply say "that's laughable", "that's incorrect" or any other matter-of-factly negative comment.  

Posted (edited) · Hidden by shecolt, January 31, 2013 - personal spat

I was paraphrasing

Really?

To which you replied:

My god are you thinned skinned...I'm guessing Oprah is right up your alley.

crhughes wasn't the original person I was talking to and he seemed to be, like you, more upset about the fact that I dare give my opinion rather than what sites I like. Plus people that have to point out opinions are subjective annoy me. And the two examples you have used...draft sites and DL priority....I have given more informative responses multiple times on this board and don't really care to say the same thing repeatedly.

But I will lose sleep knowing a blowhard like you has a problem with people like me.

I have no problem with people who have a differing opinion. I actually encourage informative dialogue between those of differing opinions because that can lead to sharing of knowledge and learning.

I do have a problem with people who are downright condescending and pretentious, especially when they do not offer any alternative option, opinion or information and simply say "that's laughable", "that's incorrect" or any other matter-of-factly negative comment.

I was paraphrasing

Really?

To which you replied:

I have no problem with people who have a differing opinion. I actually encourage informative dialogue between those of differing opinions because that can lead to sharing of knowledge and learning.

My god you are thinned skinned...I'm guessing Oprah is right up your alley.

crhughes wasn't the original person I was talking to and he seemed to be, like you, more upset about the fact that I dare give my opinion rather than what sites I like. Plus people that have to point out opinions are subjective annoy me. And the two examples you have used...draft sites and DL priority....I have given more informative responses multiple times on this board and don't really care to say the same thing repeatedly.

mod edit

Edited by shecolt
personal shot
My god you are thinned skinned...I'm guessing Oprah is right up your alley.

But I will lose sleep knowing a blowhard like you has a problem with people like me.

But you DO say the same things over and over. ;)  I'm not thin skinned...not in the least.  If you ever got the impression that I was hurt by your words then you were sorely mistaken.  I would never let the comments of someone like you affect my mood.  I'm also not upset in the least that you gave your opinion, and considering my detailed responses I've no clue how you could think that to be true.  My problem is with how you express your opinion, not that you express it.  Reading and comprehending are not one in the same.

I also find it laughable (to borrow an expression for you) that you are the one getting defensive and starting with the name calling yet you call me thin-skinned.  Irony indeed.

But you DO say the same things over and over. ;) I'm not thin skinned...not in the least. If you ever got the impression that I was hurt by your words then you were sorely mistaken. I would never let the comments of someone like you affect my mood. I'm also not upset in the least that you gave your opinion, and considering my detailed responses I've no clue how you could think that to be true. My problem is with how you express your opinion, not that you express it. Reading and comprehending are not one in the same.

I also find it laughable (to borrow an expression for you) that you are the one getting defensive and starting with the name calling yet you call me thin-skinned. Irony indeed.

I started with the name calling? U start with a passive aggressive cheap shot at me when replying to another poster and accuse me of belittling people, being condescending, pretentious and being all around negative.....yet you're are offended by me calling you a blowhard? And this is based on what? I said something was laughable? Where by the way I wasn't even quoting anyone directly. Dear Lord, go to bed and cuddle up with your stuffed animal.

I started with the name calling? U start with a passive aggressive cheap shot at me when replying to another poster and accuse me of belittling people, being condescending, pretentious and being all around negative.....yet you're are offended by me calling you a blowhard? And this is based on what? I said something was laughable? Where by the way I wasn't even quoting anyone directly. Dear Lord, go to bed and cuddle up with your stuffed animal.

I like him...he's funny.

FYI.  I live in the Memphis area where Poe went to college.  He was NEVER productive in college.  He has always been lazy.  The only thing he ever did was perform well at the combine.  Ansah has performed well at college, at the Senior Bowl and he will perform well at the combine. 

Show me where I said I was offended.

And based on what?  I've been a member of this forum and read many, many more of your posts than just this thread.  

Also, I wasn't taking a cheap shot.  A cheap shot is telling me to cuddle up with my stuffed animal.  The original comment I made, that you took as a passive aggressive cheap shot, was merely me stating a fact that I have observed time and again from certain members...yes, yourself included.

Show me where I said I was offended.

And based on what?  I've been a member of this forum and read many, many more of your posts than just this thread.  

Also, I wasn't taking a cheap shot.  A cheap shot is telling me to cuddle up with my stuffed animal.  The original comment I made, that you took as a passive aggressive cheap shot, was merely me stating a fact that I have observed time and again from certain members...yes, yourself included.

Ok, got it, you don't like me/the way I post. I got that vibe the other day and dropped it...so I'm going to move on...maybe this time you can do the same.

FYI.  I live in the Memphis area where Poe went to college.  He was NEVER productive in college.  He has always been lazy.  The only thing he ever did was perform well at the combine.  Ansah has performed well at college, at the Senior Bowl and he will perform well at the combine. 

Poe had 101 tackles 5 sacks 4 forced fumbles and 4 pass deflections as an interior D Linemen thats not eye popping stats for an interior D Lineman by no means but he was productive, 72 tackles 4.5 sacks 1 forced fumble and 10 pass deflections is moderately productive but he is still garnering way to much attention given his overall lack of alot of production I'd much rather be talking about a guy that produced alot pre injury at that position and thats Brandon Jenkins, someone is going to take a risk on Ansah in the 1st but I hope beyond hope that its not us

Ok, got it, you don't like me/the way I post. I got that vibe the other day and dropped it...so I'm going to move on...maybe this time you can do the same.

that all depends on you and how you decide to treat people around here, especially those who may have a differing opinion than you. ;)

Still wondering if you're ever going to post any links or websites that you consider more reliable than walterfootball or cbssports.  

I paid a lot more attention to all of this draft stuff last year than I have this year and from what I could tell, cbssports.com was pretty much in line with just about every other site I viewed in regards to what round each prospect was projected to.  Now that obviously doesn't mean that they were correct about every player, far from it.  But they were pretty consistent with most other sites as far as projections were concerned.

that all depends on you and how you decide to treat people around here, especially those who may have a differing opinion than you. ;)

Still wondering if you're ever going to post any links or websites that you consider more reliable than walterfootball or cbssports.

I paid a lot more attention to all of this draft stuff last year than I have this year and from what I could tell, cbssports.com was pretty much in line with just about every other site I viewed in regards to what round each prospect was projected to. Now that obviously doesn't mean that they were correct about every player, far from it. But they were pretty consistent with most other sites as far as projections were concerned.

Piizz off u pompous jackarse. You really believe anybody cares about your policing of this site? What are you going to do fine me if I post something that you disapprove of? You having the gall to call someone pretentious...hilarious. I suggest u don't read my posts if they bother you....or get a life.

Piizz off u pompous jackarse.

:pkb:

You really believe anybody cares about your policing of this site? What are you going to do fine me if I post something that you disapprove of?

Treat you with the same respect with which you treat others.

You having the gall to call someone pretentious...hilarious

Glad I could make you laugh.

. I suggest u don't read my posts if they bother you

Well sure that is one option. 

....or get a life.

Surprisingly, I'm not all that concerned about a request to get a life that comes from someone who comes onto a forum such as this, not to provide any helpful information or participate in constructive conversation, but rather to knock down every other member, site, suggestion and opinion that doesn't meet your expectations.

:pkb:

Treat you with the same respect with which you treat others.

Glad I could make you laugh.

Well sure that is one option. 

Surprisingly, I'm not all that concerned about a request to get a life that comes from someone who comes onto a forum such as this, not to provide any helpful information or participate in constructive conversation, but rather to knock down every other member, site, suggestion and opinion that doesn't meet your expectations.

Oh no here comes that over bearing bore jason....I better change my ways. I see you are prone to exaggeration, but then again I have learned you consider your opinion fact.