Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jermon Bushrod & Branden Alpert

I keep looking to see who will actually make it to FA, and the only quality LT's I see who will probably make it is Bushrod and possibly Alpert. The Saints are well over the cap, so I don't think they have the cap to franchise him, so he hits the market.

Another possible is Branden Alpert, K.C.'s LT. I believe I heard K.C. is not going to franchise him, so there is a chance, and you know the one thing the Chiefs did was run the ball.

Andre Smith at RT would be a good get, he has really played well the past few years, but if Cin. does not resign him they will franchise him, especially with all the cap money they have.

Long would not be bad, if healthy, but no way at 10 Million. I know others are out there, but I am trying to think of quality right now.

1st are you spelling his name wrong on purpose and second Albert has stated that he will not change positions so if we were to sign him AC would have to move to RT which I disagree with.  The Bengals are probably going to resign Smith given they have 55 mil in cap so I guess Bushrod it is at RT.

Beatty with the NY Giants is another quality tackle.

My one issue with him is that he's a left tackle.   I'd be surprised if he'd come to the Colts as a Right Tackle, unless we'd be willing to pay him as if he were the Left Tackle.    Much more earning power.

Anyway....   he's a possibility.

And, despite another thread on this webpage,  I think Loadholt is at least a possibility.   Right up until the Vikings sign him...

Cherilus is a bit older, right? I like this move IF our options are dwindling too quickly. We can bring him in for a little cheaper and work on that position in the coming years.

Quality wise, I think Cherilus is a good pick up for the cash it would take to sign him.

Cherilus is a bit older, right? I like this move IF our options are dwindling too quickly. We can bring him in for a little cheaper and work on that position in the coming years.

Quality wise, I think Cherilus is a good pick up for the cash it would take to sign him.

He's 28.

cherilus is 28... right at the cutoff i'd say...much older and we won't want them

I keep looking to see who will actually make it to FA, and the only quality LT's I see who will probably make it is Bushrod and possibly Alpert. The Saints are well over the cap, so I don't think they have the cap to franchise him, so he hits the market.

Another possible is Branden Alpert, K.C.'s LT. I believe I heard K.C. is not going to franchise him, so there is a chance, and you know the one thing the Chiefs did was run the ball.

Andre Smith at RT would be a good get, he has really played well the past few years, but if Cin. does not resign him they will franchise him, especially with all the cap money they have.

Long would not be bad, if healthy, but no way at 10 Million. I know others are out there, but I am trying to think of quality right now.

All those guys you mentioned plus Beatty could hit the market...with perhaps Albert and Smith being tagged or re-signed.

I'm kind of on the fence with our OT situation and how to address it.

I might actually prefer that we address the OG spots with the best free agents we can find and draft an OT....I believe 2-3 may be available at #24 or with a slight trade-down....where we'd be spending maybe 9m tops, for a 4 year deal.

I know we have plenty of cap space....but we have OG/CB/SS/OLB as legitimate needs as well. And if we could bookend BOTH tackle spots for under 20m total in contracts it would payoff huge as we shore up the defense.

Ultimately I think Grigson will do well in our free agency and draft decisions, and there are alot good and different strategies that have been discussed here. It'll be fun to watch.

Reading Grigsons words and looking at all the High Quality veterans on this years SB Teams leads me to believe our GM won`t push the FA envelope in year two.

Slow and steady on Free Agents. Develope what we have and fill in a few more slots with younger moderate priced players with good upside. A Talented, Deep and Experienced roster to compete for the One Goal will take at minimum 3 years. IMO

I expect one FA O-Lineman at no more than $5-6M, maybe a 2nd one at $4M, or draft the second one.

Castonzo had a rough year, but it does make sense to see where he is at with another year of experience and in an Offense that doesn`t throw as much, and uses more quick pass routes. That should help everyone.

I can see Fleenor split wide some in this New offense!