Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike McCoy hired as Chargers' head coach [Merge]

coltsfanmilyman

why do they not like Mccoy? overrated?

Because when Tebow had slow starts, they thought it was Tebow. But when Peyton had slow starts earlier in the season, Broncos fans wondered if McCoy was not creative enough with his playcalling. While he does adapt to the strengths of his QB, the plays that are called did not result in good production till later when Peyton started taking more control of the offense. At least, that is what Broncos fans were saying. The truth is somewhere always in the middle but there is no denying several slow starts in the first half for both Tebow and Peyton for the majority of games (unless it was inferior competition w.r.t inferior opponent D).

this makes no sense to me. this was peyton's offense not mccoy so why is he getting the praise? im not sure if he was OC last year with tebow, but if he was theres no credit for that either because it was just tebow running his gator offense. this guy is completely unproven imo.

the way he handled the last two years and 3 different offenses and QBs, to me, means this guy is very knowledgable and flexible

how about his knowing how that Denver offense runs better than anybody else? nice choice for a team that will compete with Devner for the division.

how about his knowing how that Denver offense runs better than anybody else? nice choice for a team that will compete with Devner for the division.

That would be right if he is making defensive game plans for the Chargers, Pagano's brother is doing that as DC. Prior to the game, probably a few things to watch for can be pointed out by McCoy but during the game, Pagano will be the one making adjustments.

Because when Tebow had slow starts, they thought it was Tebow. But when Peyton had slow starts earlier in the season, Broncos fans wondered if McCoy was not creative enough with his playcalling. While he does adapt to the strengths of his QB, the plays that are called did not result in good production till later when Peyton started taking more control of the offense. At least, that is what Broncos fans were saying. The truth is somewhere always in the middle but there is no denying several slow starts in the first half for both Tebow and Peyton for the majority of games (unless it was inferior competition w.r.t inferior opponent D).

McCoy doesn't call plays. Peyton does. He audibled about 50% of the time vs the Ravens.

I'm not sold on McCoy as a head coach.  I think he looks good because he had Peyton making his offense look good.  And I've read some scouts say that 95% of what Denver was running as their offense was what Indy ran with Peyton.  To me, that shows that Peyton is in full control, not McCoy.