Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts Mock Offseason 1.0

Re-sign: Pat McAfee, Darius Butler, Jerraud Powers, Winston Justice, Joe Reitz and Austin Collie(vet min)

FA Signings: Andy Levitre OG, Connor Barwin OLB, Andre Smith OT, Brian Hartline WR

Draft: 

Round 1: TRADE DOWN: The Indianapolis Colts trade the 22nd pick for a late 1st and 3rd round pick. Colts select Barrett Jones OT/OG/OC, Alabama

Round 3: Jordan Poyer CB, Oregon State

Round 3: Brandon Jenkins OLB, Florida State University

Round 4: Bacarri Rambo SS, Georgia

Round 6: John Boyett FS, Oregon

Round 7: Dustin Hopkins K, Florida State University

*I have no idea what our compensatory picks may or may not look like, so I didn't include them.

Starters:

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Vick Ballard

WR: Reggie Wayne

WR: Brian Hartline

WR: TY Hilton

TE: Dwayne Allen

LT: Anthony Castonzo

LG: Barrett Jones

C: Samson Satele

RG: Andy Levitre 

RT: Andre Smith

FS: Antonie Bethea

SS: Joe Lefeged 

CB: Vontae Davis

CB: Jordan Poyer

ILB: Pat Angerer

ILB: Jerrell Freeman

OLB: Robert Mathis

OLB: Connor Barwin

DE:Fili Moala

NT: Josh Chapman

DE: Cory Redding

K: Adam Vinatieri 

P: Pat McAfee

KR: Deji Karim 

PR: TY Hilton

LS: Matt Overton

I'm not sure if the FA signings are a little too optimistic or not, but that's why it's only 1.0 :)

What do you think?

We have the 24th pick, not the 22nd pick. If you are gonna make a trade, why not try to get 2 2nd rounders out of either St. Louis or Cincinatti. Also, Poyer won't last into the 3rd round. Other than that, good draft, just a little unrealistic with the Poyer and maybe Hopkins's picks. 

We have the 24th pick, not the 22nd pick. If you are gonna make a trade, why not try to get 2 2nd rounders out of either St. Louis or Cincinatti. Also, Poyer won't last into the 3rd round. Other than that, good draft, just a little unrealistic with the Poyer and maybe Hopkins's picks. 

Whoops, good catch lol. And I'm expecting a trade similar to NE's and CIN's last year. Also, I see Poyer around late 2nd to mid-third, so depending on the 3rd we get it's not too unrealistic IMO.

Whoops, good catch lol. And I'm expecting a trade similar to NE's and CIN's last year. Also, I see Poyer around late 2nd to mid-third, so depending on the 3rd we get it's not too unrealistic IMO.

Poyer's been rising as of late. According to "credible" sources, scouts love his size and his physicality. He's looking to go either late 1st, to mid 2nd, and at the latest early 3rd.

Like the draft, 7th Round Kicker is a terrible waste of a pick, I'd get one in FA if ya really think we need one now, I go a tall WR in the 7th, also I like Barwin but rather have Paul Kruger also I'd make a play for William Beatty since he (at this time) is expected to become a Free Agent and see if he can play RT, I'd also rather have Shipley starting, Satele just has not shown well anywhere he has went, plays with two left feet. Also I'd take Joe Vellano in the draft over Boyett (but Vellano wont last that long)

Would prefer Paul Kruger to Connor Barwin. Hart line won't make it out of Miami alive, they won't let their only talented receiver go. Poyer in the 3rd is a little unrealistic, but like the intent. Another question I have is if we pick up Hopkins at some point, why are we still starting AV. Same thing with Rambo and Lefeged. Like the O line, but im not a Barrett Jones fan.

Would prefer Paul Kruger to Connor Barwin. Hart line won't make it out of Miami alive, they won't let their only talented receiver go. Poyer in the 3rd is a little unrealistic, but like the intent. Another question I have is if we pick up Hopkins at some point, why are we still starting AV. Same thing with Rambo and Lefeged. Like the O line, but im not a Barrett Jones fan.

I'd prefer Kruger too I think but I can't see Baltimore letting him go. The Dolphins also have a lot of other bigg FA's to worry about, so I can see them letting Hartline walk. He's really just a pretty good #2 or #3 WR. I think Zbikowksi should get cut, but Rambo won't win the starting job right away.

Don't really see the point to the Hartline signing. Hilton should be our #2 next year, Brazill/Fleener #3.

I'm still not sure TY's body is cut out for the outside. I think he'd be more effective in a Victor Cruz type role.

I'm still not sure TY's body is cut out for the outside. I think he'd be more effective in a Victor Cruz type role.

Seemed like he lined up outside an awful lot this year, with Reggie handling slot duties. I mean, Donnie Avery is about the same build with a worse injury history and he did fine outside. Others have said Brazill will suit the outside well, too. If we're going to get a WR, let's get a big physical guy that our offense is currently lacking, not another speedster like we have.

I think Indy will be bringing in another WR...   Who?

I don't know...     I think he may be a pretty good bet to get some attention from Indy.    He will not demand Welker, Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace type money.    And he dude is a very good player.   15 ypc career ave, and he is only 26.     I would welcome this addition.

Brian Hartline? Doubtful.

I think Indy will be bringing in another WR...   Who?

I don't know...     I think he may be a pretty good bet to get some attention from Indy.    He will not demand Welker, Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace type money.    And he dude is a very good player.   15 ypc career ave, and he is only 26.     I would welcome this addition.

I remember him very well after he tore the Colts up I beleive! one of many recivers who did. hes pretty solid. well see.

Like the draft, 7th Round Kicker is a terrible waste of a pick, I'd get one in FA if ya really think we need one now, I go a tall WR in the 7th, also I like Barwin but rather have Paul Kruger also I'd make a play for William Beatty since he (at this time) is expected to become a Free Agent and see if he can play RT, I'd also rather have Shipley starting, Satele just has not shown well anywhere he has went, plays with two left feet. Also I'd take Joe Vellano in the draft over Boyett (but Vellano wont last that long)

Not sure I agree. The Colts spent 7th round picks on Justin Anderson, Tim Fugger and Chandler Harnish. None have contributed anything, whereas Hopkins could be our kicker for a long time.

Not sure I agree. The Colts spent 7th round picks on Justin Anderson, Tim Fugger and Chandler Harnish. None have contributed anything, whereas Hopkins could be our kicker for a long time.

If we go for a Kicker....its gotta be punter/kicker Quinn Sharp (projected 7th from what Ive seen). that guy has a boot. Macaffe at P and Sharp at K....now thats a "special" team

I am almost (almost) starting to like the idea of releasing Avery and picking up a #2 (just for labeling purposes) reciever in FA. I don't think that WR is one of our pressing needs and we do have Brazil, Whalen, Collie, and Adams in our pockets, but I am starting to warm up ever so slightly to the idea of getting a talented, proven receiver to round out the starting offense and worrying about Reggie's replacement in a couple years.

It might just be a frivolous waste of cash to get a guy like Danny A. or Hartline, but the drops from our WR core have frustrated me all season and I'm not sure we want to bring back Collie or how long he will stay on the field if we do. I think T.Y. will get better at his routes and with his hands, but I think we may have seen Avery's ceiling. I have a bad feeling about Adams ever since he gave up on that play earlier in the year. Whalen had a decent camp and was on his way, but has no real game experience and his measurables leave much to be desired. LaVon has looked good at times, but has also had some bad drops.

I am not advocating getting a WR at the expense of improving a position of true need, but I do think it would improve our team to have another reliable guy with good route-running skills, a la Austin Collie, just without the injury history. It wouldn't really even have to be an outside guy with how squirrely our scheme is at the LOS.

IDK.. I have written so many posts about how I hope we don't go break the bank at that position, but we might have to rely on a guy like LaVon pretty heavily next year... which might not be a bad thing... :scratch:

Brian Hartline is a much better WR than Donnie Avery BTW. He had a 1,000 yard season on a Dolphins team where he was the #1 receiver and would go up against every team's #1 corner. Obviously he won't here with Reggie. Not saying he's a world beater or anything, but he's greatly underrated.

Vasquez over Levitre (or both if price is right), and Kruger over Barwin. I don't think someone in the late first round trades up to 24 though, if anything; Trade down to Cinci (two picks in 2nd) and pick up 2nd and 3rd round picks.
By Round (IMO):
2. DJ Fluker - OT

3. Bacarri Rambo - S

3. Brandon Jenkins - OLB

4. Terry Hawthorne - CB

6. Travis Bond - OG

7. Everette Dawkins - DT

Vasquez over Levitre (or both if price is right), and Kruger over Barwin. I don't think someone in the late first round trades up to 24 though, if anything; Trade down to Cinci (two picks in 2nd) and pick up 2nd and 3rd round picks.

By Round (IMO):

2. DJ Fluker - OT

3. Bacarri Rambo - S

3. Brandon Jenkins - OLB

4. Terry Hawthorne - CB

6. Travis Bond - OG

7. Everette Dawkins - DT

Fluker is terrible. more rush than pass