Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vick Ballard

crestmount

Of all the rookies that took the field this year, to me this guy was the pick of the year.  I mean we expected big things from Luck, Fleener and Allen, but I reckon Ballard's performance throughout the season easily exceeded expectations--if only we could get some OL to block for him (and Luck).

Ballard led all our rookies in yards from scrimmage. He's a workhorse back. 3.9 YPC with a putrid o-line where he constantly gets hit behind the line... not bad. I'd like to see what he could do behind an o-line like Houston's.

Don't say things like that..... you're getting me all excited to see what he really could do behind a good oline

Of all the rookies that took the field this year, to me this guy was the pick of the year.  I mean we expected big things from Luck, Fleener and Allen, but I reckon Ballard's performance throughout the season easily exceeded expectations--if only we could get some OL to block for him (and Luck).

I actually didnt see allen being that good of a TE, Honestly at the start of the year I liked Fleener more, but to be honest Allen and Ty would probably be my two top suprise picks this year, Putting Ty first, Id also have to throw Ballard in there because this kid has been the best back we have had since James or Rhodes in my opinion...Could be to early to say this but He will be a good piece to our offense for a few years I think

Our entire rookie class was productive.  Have to put TY and Ballard in front on offense and Freeman on defense.  Fleener getting his shoulder hurt slowed him down but I think he will bounce back next season.  Hats off to Grigson.  On second thought Grigson was the greates ROOKIE find of the year :rock:

I think BA hit the nail on the head with the "poor man's Edge" comment. With a better o-line and a year under his belt, we have a featured back on our hands. He and TY were the steals of our class. As mentioned above, Luck is a no-brainer, Fleener will develop this offseason I think, and Allen was the Mackey winner last year-- he definitely showed it on the field for us this season. Can't wait to see these guys play next season with an official "offseason" under their belts.

Putting Ty first, Id also have to throw Ballard in there because this kid has been the best back we have had since James or Rhodes in my opinion.

I like Ballard but he in my opinion is in no way shape or form better than Joe Addai pre-injuries. Go back and look at the quickness and vision joe had

Ballard looks like a really good back.  Luck was still the pick of the year though.  No disrespect to Ballard but Luck had more to do with this team turning around than any other rookie.  He came in with all the expectations in the world on his shoulders and replacing some guy named Peyton Manning and to this point is living up to the hype.