Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are the teams going to do this year with so many QB needs?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/2013-nfl-draft-order/

1. Chiefs-No doubt that they will take a QB

2. Jaguars-Should take a QB but will most likely bring Tebow for a cheap price of a 5th or 6th rounder

3. Raiders-Too stubborn to pick up a QB, they probably will still stick with Carson Palmer...

4. Eagles-Will they stick with the QB or pick one up?

5. Lions-They will stick with Stafford...

6. Browns-They benched Weeden...thats a bad sign. Theyre stuck in a bad spot again and will definitely lose all the best QB prospects...again. If i were them, i would pull a Redskins move and give up 1st rounders, they have waited around long enough...

7. Cardinals-Another team in need of a QB, What are they going to do?

8.Bills-*sigh* they have no hope at all for a QB, another guaranteed bad year for them unless they trade up...

9. Jets-No doubt they are letting Mark Sanchez and Tebow. They give McElroy a chance?

10.Titans-Do they have faith in Jake Locker?

I think this year will be the most quarterback needy draft but alot of teams will end up trading for backup quarterbacks like for Flynn and Smith...

We have enough quarterbacks already in this league. I don't care if any of these teams get a good one or not, I am sick of all the drooling over them.

Every single one of those teams need a running back and a solid run game. The sad thing is, a couple of them could run the ball but choose not to since it's the age of video game football where any QB can throw for 300 yards a game.

It's a copycat league.  Teams will want QB's like Luck, Griffin and Wilson so they can implement Kyle Shanahan style offenses.  Tebow and the Jags will probably do that.  If I were the Raiders, I would start Pryor and do that.  I believe in a pro style offense, but  hey, if it works for a while, some of these bad teams should try it.

We have enough quarterbacks already in this league. I don't care if any of these teams get a good one or not, I am sick of all the drooling over them.

Every single one of those teams need a running back and a solid run game. The sad thing is, a couple of them could run the ball but choose not to since it's the age of video game football where any QB can throw for 300 yards a game.

Um, really?

1. Chiefs-Jamal Charles

2. Jaguars-Maurice Jones-Drew

3. Raiders-Darren McFadden

4. Eagles-Lesean McCoy

5. Lions-yes, they need a RB

6. Browns-Trent Richardson

7. Cardinals-Same as Lions

8.Bills-CJ Spiller

9. Jets-um, don't remember so they could probably use a RB upgrade as well

10.Titans-Chris Johnson

These teams do not all need a RB.  The majority of these teams have a good or great RB and need a competent passing game to complement the running game.  If there were enough good QB's in the league already then why doesn't every team have a good one? 

Um, really?

1. Chiefs-Jamal Charles

2. Jaguars-Maurice Jones-Drew

3. Raiders-Darren McFadden

4. Eagles-Lesean McCoy

5. Lions-yes, they need a RB

6. Browns-Trent Richardson

7. Cardinals-Same as Lions

8.Bills-CJ Spiller

9. Jets-um, don't remember so they could probably use a RB upgrade as well

10.Titans-Chris Johnson

These teams do not all need a RB.  The majority of these teams have a good or great RB and need a competent passing game to complement the running game.  If there were enough good QB's in the league already then why doesn't every team have a good one? 

They need to RUN THE BALL then, exactly like I said. The Browns in particular would have a strong run game going and abandon it for seeing Weeden drop back 40 times a game. McCoy gained over 100+ in certain games for the Eagles and instead of continuing to feed him, Vick throws it 40-50 times. It's ridiculous how these teams do not want to run the ball. Even Buffalo will stop feeling CJ.

In a perfect world for the Colts the QBs coming out this year get their draft stock up and all the QB needy teams in the league way over reach out of desperation in the 1st rnd of the draft, causing a lot of good players to drop to us!

So with Luck a rather proven commodity,  do we still have Harnish on the practice squad?   Possibly we can trade Stanton for another pick or two in the draft.  Only problem I think Stanton only had a 1 year contract and is now actually an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe Flynn can make a move or request a trade off Seattle and get his shot before it is too late.

So with Luck a rather proven commodity,  do we still have Harnish on the practice squad?   Possibly we can trade Stanton for another pick or two in the draft.  Only problem I think Stanton only had a 1 year contract and is now actually an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe Flynn can make a move or request a trade off Seattle and get his shot before it is too late.

Stanton will be a FA and Harnish is on the PS

I think you are going to see a draft like two years ago, when so many quarterback needy teams tooks quarterbacks in the first round who should not have gone first round. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Ponder, all in the first 12 picks. The only justified pick was Cam Newton.

In this draft, due to all the QB needs, we are going to see the same thing I expect. As Brian Billick says "need is a terrible talent evaluator", but it usually wins out when teams are desperate. Geno Smith and Matt Barkley will definitely go first round. I would not be surpirsed to see Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray and and Tyler Hanson all go in the first round. Need trumps a lot of things, and teams without qb's want to give fans hope many times. It is not the right move usually, but it is the NFL way it seems. Once the combine is over we will have a much better idea, but if anything, I would expect many of those names to move up the board after the combine as teams convince themselves they are players who can help their teams.

Sanchez will stay in NY. Over 20 million in cap space, and if they don't retain him it will cost another 8 million initially in dead money and they just don't have the cap room to get another qb. They are in real trouble thanks to the moves of Tannenbaum. I love what Grigson has showed in the first year!

I think you are going to see a draft like two years ago, when so many quarterback needy teams tooks quarterbacks in the first round who should not have gone first round. Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Ponder, all in the first 12 picks. The only justified pick was Cam Newton.

In this draft, due to all the QB needs, we are going to see the same thing I expect. As Brian Billick says "need is a terrible talent evaluator", but it usually wins out when teams are desperate. Geno Smith and Matt Barkley will definitely go first round. I would not be surpirsed to see Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray and and Tyler Hanson all go in the first round. Need trumps a lot of things, and teams without qb's want to give fans hope many times. It is not the right move usually, but it is the NFL way it seems. Once the combine is over we will have a much better idea, but if anything, I would expect many of those names to move up the board after the combine as teams convince themselves they are players who can help their teams.

it could work out great for the colts if teams want these qb's late in the 1st round and trade up with the colts to get the one they want, giving the colts extra picks.

Makes me wonder if some team is going to pay a #1 pick to San Francisco for Alex Smith.

And, of course, if more than one team is interested,  it could turn into a bidding war!     Hello!

And the rich would keep getting richer!     That's how you play the game.....

p.s. -- not saying Smith would be worth that....   but some team sure might considering how weak this draft class of QB's is now viewed....   Law of Supply and Demand and all that....

Makes me wonder if some team is going to pay a #1 pick to San Francisco for Alex Smith.

And, of course, if more than one team is interested,  it could turn into a bidding war!     Hello!

And the rich would keep getting richer!     That's how you play the game.....

p.s. -- not saying Smith would be worth that....   but some team sure might considering how weak this draft class of QB's is now viewed....   Law of Supply and Demand and all that....

smith and all the qb's available have shown that they are terrible on bad teams and you would have to pay them big salaries. some teams might take a flier on one or two of them with a late round pick. it's much cheaper to take a shot on a college qb late 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.