Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Regarding PSY

Coltscodeblue

Been watching NFL Network and they are showing that PSY guy in a dancing Buffoon show in Toronto and I'm not getting from them if they are saying if they like him or not, I'm not sure if they want him to be in the Super Bowl half time show?????

If the NFL has anything to do with that PSY they will bull squeeze on every past and present American soldiers who gave their lives for freedom and that includes the hero's who gave their lives in Korea so he could be a dancing BUFFOON in the southern part of Korea, and if it wasn't for Americans he would be goose stepping in a parade for a communist dictator, he said this in 2 separate concerts:

"Kill those blank Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives. Kill those blank Yankees who ordered them to torture. Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers. Kill them all slowly and painfully."

Even your America president shook that bull squeezes PSY hand after a concert and wants to be a celeb like that sphincter PSY!!!!!

That person wouldn't be allowed in the White House after a back ground check if Bush was president and yet he is allowed to do a show for the president, this shows obama has no respect for American soldiers past and present!!!!! And who ever supports or like PSY is a TRAITOR to this country!!!!!

Mr. Coltscodeblue, what you've just said is one of the most insanely *ic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Happy Gilmore reference aside, the man is entitled to his opinions about our actions as a nation.  The Iraq war remains extremely controversial even here in the states.  Psy is a rapper and is also a pretty bright, US-educated guy, so you'd expect him to offer social commentary of this nature if he feels strongly about it.  People can actually be critics of a nation they have strong ties to and generally enjoy.  God knows many of us are like that.

Regarding the severity of the controversial lyrics, I have some reading for you: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2012/12/11/controversy-over-psys-anti-american-lyrics-might-be-based-on-shoddy-translation/

tl;dr - Chill out, dude.

But you have to think like an obama supporter, if obama likes PYS then he's good enough for a SB half time show... Why else would they show him at a Toronto show doing his on stage gimmics, he's a buffoon and if he is at ANY NFL games they just wasted a whole month supporting the troops and then if PSY is allowed at a game 1/2 time show later then they're dumping on that!!!!!

But you have to think like an obama supporter, if obama likes PYS then he's good enough for a SB half time show... Why else would they show him at a Toronto show doing his on stage gimmics, he's a buffoon and if he is at ANY NFL games they just wasted a whole month supporting the troops and then if PSY is allowed at a game 1/2 time show later then they're dumping on that!!!!!

You seem to have trouble separating the idea of supporting your troops and respecting them for being willing to lay down their lives for us all and being able to object to things they are are asked to do in "our" name. As another poster pointed out translating from another language is always a prone to mistake and when you read the other versions it puts a whole different slant on what he was saying. Unless you think we should all blindly support people who commit war crimes because they're on our side? 

Let me surmise, I'm not enamored with either the Iraqi or Afghan war for differing reasons but I will still support the British servicemen who have been put into those situations, but that doesn't mean I have to support the government that decided for them to be there. Your Mr Bush was like giving a 5 year old a loaded gun, very dangerous. I guess in your eyes that makes me a traitor my country. 

Anyway this seems a bit political for a Colts forum! 

I don't what that dancing BUFFOON at the SB and want to nip it in the bud before it gets going, you know what happens when something popular gets going and it becomes a life of it's own and the un-informed/blind people just go with the popular flow not knowing the past, obama has already endorsed this Buffoon by watching a performance and shaking his hand, anybody who supports him doing a halftime show is not a supporter of the troops, my brother was a Marine and so was my cousin, I tried to enlist when I was 24 for Desert Storm and I couldn't because of having epilepsy and I will till I die supporting ALL the troops...

I don't what that dancing BUFFOON at the SB and want to nip it in the bud before it gets going, you know what happens when something popular gets going and it becomes a life of it's own and the un-informed/blind people just go with the popular flow not knowing the past, obama has already endorsed this Buffoon by watching a performance and shaking his hand, anybody who supports him doing a halftime show is not a supporter of the troops, my brother was a Marine and so was my cousin, I tried to enlist when I was 24 for Desert Storm and I couldn't because of having epilepsy and I will till I die supporting ALL the troops...

I think you missed the point I was making above so I'll leave it at that. Personally I wouldn't want him to do a SB halftime either and I admire your passion in supporting the front line troops but remember one of the ideals they fight on our behalf for IS free speech and like it or not he's free to say these things. 

Don't start a presidential argument, please. I don't feel like arguing right now. That other song was when the world was POed at our invasion of Iraq. A kneejerk reaction. It's long enough ago that that song shouldn't matter. I don't think he should be the Super Bowl halftime. There are much more deserving acts. My wish list includes Metallica and Green Day.