Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Norv Turner should be fired for that 4th & 29 call

ReMeDy

http://sports.yahoo....02996--nfl.html

Giving up a 4th & 29 conversion? That might be the final nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. The Chargers had the game won, yet blew it. The Chargers should cut their losses and hire an interim coach. Dallas did it with Jason Garrett. Kansas did it with Romeo Crennel. We did it with Bruce Arians.

All I know is the Chargers need to change things up, cause what they've got now isn't working.

Wait..we did it with BA? Um...I think that situation might be a little different, seeing as our HC was diagnosed with CANCER... We kinda had to go with BA in that situation. But as for Norv, yeah he should have been gone a few seasons ago

Not a Norv Turner fan here, but SD's players needed to make that tackle not the coach. Credit to Ray Rice. That was a determined effort to get the 1st down. Recycled head coaches are not the answer anymore. Rather them give a smart, young assistant a chance.

Time to do a massive change in San Diego, they need to let go of at least 60-70% of their players this off-season, they need to rebuild and they need a new mentality.

Norv should go too, but todays loss was not Norv's fault, the defense sucks big time, whoever the defensive coordinator is for the chargers should get the boot. Those guys don't know how to tackle for ****t.

I feel bad for those Chargers fans...they have to deal with this type of crap every year.

Okay, let's face facts: All these men are destined to be coordinators not HC's: Ron Rivera, Rex Ryan, Norv Turner, & Romeo Crennel. They are not genuine leaders of men; They don't inspire ENTIRE TEAMS in all 3 phases. They are all gifted individually at their respective offensive or defensive positions, but managing an entire 53 man roster requires unique talent & leadership skills that none of these men completely possess.

Norv Turner is a fantastic OC, but he is simply atrocious as HC. Bye Norv & bye A.J. Smith...Don't let the door hit Ya where the lord split Ya. What have you done for NFL Chargers owner lately? Zilch, Zero, Nada Norv...

"Na Na Na, Hey Hey, Goodbye"...

Giving up a 4th & 29 conversion? That might be the final nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. The Chargers had the game won, yet blew it. The Chargers should cut their losses and hire an interim coach. Dallas did it with Jason Garrett. Kansas did it with Romeo Crennel. We did it with Bruce Arians.

All I know is the Chargers need to change things up, cause what they've got now isn't working.

Agree Turner needs to go but with 8 defenders between rice and ist down, how do they all take bad angles & let him run by, he ran laterally with 4 guys right in front of him all missing him, I dont know if can blame turner on that last play

he caught the pass at line of scrimmage and runs needing 29 yards for 1st dwon and 8 players miss u, thats bad on chiefs, just dont know if can blame that 1 play on Turner but yes on balance he must go, entire organization needs a turner starting with smith,

u stop him & u win but u dont, amazing

no amount of coaching could have helped the defenders, as TV PUNDITS SAIDD< THE\Y WERE KEYSTONE COPS OF SILENT MOVIE TIMES

Norv Turner should have BEEN fired. But I agree with the above also, maybe he is best suited to be a coordinator. I mean look at what Wade Phillips is doing in Houston.

EDIT: that conversion wasn't his fault, but the team is his fault

Your 1 sentance edit says succinctly what i meant in comment 11

I dont see how that's the coaches' fault.....what about the players?

u stop him & u win but u dont, amazing

no amount of coaching could have helped the defenders, as TV PUNDITS SAIDD< THE\Y WERE KEYSTONE COPS OF SILENT MOVIE TIMES

Part of me feels sorry for Norv Turner, but only a tiny part really. If I were to put a percentage on it, I'd say maybe 20%.

Part of me feels sorry for Norv Turner, but only a tiny part really. If I were to put a percentage on it, I'd say maybe 20%.

he looks pathetic , on the Verge of crying after last few post game news conferences u cant help but feel somewhat sad as a human being, like or dislike, respect or not, set aside

I totally agree with southwest. They are coordinators and not fit for head coach.
Norv Turner should have BEEN fired. But I agree with the above also, maybe he is best suited to be a coordinator. I mean look at what Wade Phillips is doing in Houston. EDIT: that conversion wasn't his fault, but the team is his fault

Thank you Bogie & Smitty! Norv Turner will find a coordinator job quickly & swiftly land on his feet next season. QB Cam Newton in Carolina could desperately use his QB guidance right now & so could Matt Cassel in Kansas City for that matter.

The funniest thing is Norv was a replacement for Marty Schottenheimer who built that team, and Norv has a worse record than Marty but he's lasted longer. That's what I don't get. It's probably because Norv is a yes man, and AJ would rather have that, cause you know Marty was not a push over. He didn't even want them getting rid of Brees, and would have probably been downright disgusted to see Sproles as well as their other many great players go.

There's a rumor that Schottenhiemer is going to K.C. next year as general manager or president, that's perfect news for the AFC West. I hate every single of those teams as overrated as they are, wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs rise up and start beating them all again as they did in the 90's.

The funniest thing is Norv was a replacement for Marty Schottenheimer who built that team, and Norv has a worse record than Marty but he's lasted longer. That's what I don't get. It's probably because Norv is a yes man, and AJ would rather have that, cause you know Marty was not a push over. He didn't even want them getting rid of Brees, and would have probably been downright disgusted to see Sproles as well as their other many great players go.

There's a rumor that Schottenhiemer is going to K.C. next year as general manager or president, that's perfect news for the AFC West. I hate every single of those teams as overrated as they are, wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs rise up and start beating them all again as they did in the 90's.

Exactly Bogie! Marty Schottenheimer got booted from San Diego for no legitimate reason other than he refused to kiss GM A.J. Smith's caboose. Marty Schottenheimer would return that Arrowhead franchise back into a respectable organization once again. Bravo Bogie! :hat: Competition in that division makes every team better even the Great Peyton Manning IMHO.

Time to do a massive change in San Diego, they need to let go of at least 60-70% of their players this off-season, they need to rebuild and they need a new mentality.

Norv should go too, but todays loss was not Norv's fault, the defense sucks big time, whoever the defensive coordinator is for the chargers should get the boot. Those guys don't know how to tackle for ****t.

I feel bad for those Chargers fans...they have to deal with this type of crap every year.

john Pagano ( chucks brother) is DC