Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 Duck, 2 Duck

Manning2Wayne

perfection is never attainable

not sure which game it was, but to see Manning throw not 1, but 2 ducks in the same game, on the same series

unbelievable

i know there are fans watching the colts longer than I, my questions is, in the 9 years manning has played,

anyone see any Ducks he thrown, let a lone more than one almost right after the initial

not sure which game it was, but to see Manning throw not 1, but 2 ducks in the same game, on the same series

unbelievable

i know there are fans watching the colts longer than I, my questions is, in the 9 years manning has played,

anyone see any Ducks he thrown, let a lone more than one almost right after the initial

9 yrs.??? This is Mannings 14th season. You haven't been watching long have ya?

In his early few seasons Manning didn't always throw a real pretty ball. A lot were more wobbly than normal, but he still completed them, and even completed a lot of them to the other team. I'm sure that is something he worked hard at and if you look at his stats, the INT's came way down as his ball became prettier and thus more accurate.

I don't have any hard evidence except for my personal experience and memory to back this up, but I have been a fan of the Colts since before Manning, and I do remember making a comment about Manning's wobbly passes to my family as we walked out of a game from the Hoosier Dome in his early years. It's just something I picked up on.

I think he greatly improved his ball and accuracy since then.

Honestly, I always thought Manning, and Kurt Warner for that matter, threw some ugly balls ...Jeff George might've had the prettiest spiral I've ever seen.

Sometimes when Manning puts a ball right in the hands of a receiver I think to myself "How did such an ugly ball land in such a PERFECT place?"

I rarely see a Manning ball spin perfectly on it's axis ...alotta time they're wobblers, yet it doesn't seem to affect his accuracy nor velocity ...physics-defying stuff there

As for some DUCKS ...well, one that really comes to mind was in the 2009 game against the Patriots where he threw a head-scratching INT that looked like a wounded duck. 2008 as he was recovering from surgery he seemed a bit noodle-armed but that fixed itself.

Guest BlueShoe

unbelievable

Peyton didn't start throwing perfect spirals consistently until about 6-7 years ago. When he first started it was hard to find a pass of his that had a perfect spiral. As long as they get where they are supposed to go then that’s all that matters.