Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Community Scouting (Every Pitches in on Reports for draft prospects)

Last Week I Checked in on NC State game to see how Amerson would do....I got a better idea of how Hunter would do.

I live in California, And I watch a lot of Pac 10 games. Many of you are from Indiana.

I had an Idea, We all pick a game for Saturday (or Friday) and pick a player to scout and report their performance here.

I can get almost every college game, some can only get locals.

Some of you may be Vanderbilt fans and watch every game, which is good for those of us who would never watch a Vandy game unless they are playing a ranked team.

Others may be a Illinois fan or something..and you can give us insight on some of that teams prospects.

This week I'm going to pick the USC Sarycuse game and scout Nickel Robey and Tj Mcdonald...amoungst others, and LSU and Washington for reports on Mingo and Desmond trufuant and others.

If anybody here is good with youtubing, if you can do a focus video that would help out the national scouting community.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched NC state vs Conneticut, Amerson did much much better today.

They is a guy named Travado Williams, 6'2/233lb that supposedly has 4.4 speed had a couple of sacks to day, including a sack strip and looked fantastic and disruptive all day long. Uconn had like 6 sacks today.

Chandler Whitmer is by far the worst QB I've seen in a few years BTW, can believe that he starts.

They is a guy named Travado Williams, 6'2/233lb that supposedly has 4.4 speed had a couple of sacks to day, including a sack strip and looked fantastic and disruptive all day long. Uconn had like 6 sacks today.

Chandler Whitmer is by far the worst QB I've seen in a few years BTW, can believe that he starts.

Just read up on williams. Definitely wouldnt mind grabbing him in the 4th or 5th round.

If you really want to see some seriously bad QB play.... go to YouTube, and key in the name Amerson... you will see all 13 of his interceptions from last year... they're on two tapes.... and there is some of the worst QB play you will ever see.

Ever.

Makes me take his 13 interceptions with a large, large chunk of salt. Not saying he's not very, very talented.... but I'm skeptical until he proves himself against top competition, which I do not believe he has done.

I've moved on from the whole Amerson idea but I dont see why some discredit 13 interceptions its not like he picked the teams his team plays

Go to youtube.......

Look at all the interceptions.....

Look at the quality of the QB play.... the throws.... the sophistication (or lack there of) of the offense...

You will NOT be impressed. I'm not saying the guy can't play. Nor am I saying he's not a 1st round draft pick. I'm saying his record is not quite what it appeared to be -- and it's especially notable considering how poorly he played against an SEC QB and WR's in his first game this year.

It's a Red Flag of caution. You want to see him performing against the best.

That's all. At least, for now. We'll know more as the season unfolds.....

I'm watchinng mizzou and georgia since someone else is watching lsu. Keep and eye on shaq thompson, for 3 years from now.

USC v sarycuse, Robert Woods is still the truth. Dieon Bailey and Haynes Pullard are beast....but we gotta wait till next year for them. TJ mcdonald, I don't have much to say about, because the play never comes his way. He got burned for one pass but he is an supremley active player in run support, which is what 3-4 defenses want.

McDonald is way better in coverage than Taylor Mays though.

Jarvis is causing havock from what I hear, I just tuned in he got a strip sack that was overturned.

Living in California FreeupFreeney, I can imagine you see a lot of WR Keenan Allen. If he were there say around the 8th or 9th overall pick, would you have any problem with the Colts taking him? We will need a #1 WR for the future since Wayne probably only has a few good years left. Allen has big time talent from what I can see, and I would be totally fine with taking him.

Just imagine a lineup of TEs Fleener, Allen, and WRs Allen, Hilton, Wayne, and Brazill. Luck would be putting up Aaron Rodgers type numbers with those weapons.

Also, who do you compare Keenan Allen to? To me he has the size of AJ Green, and he is said to be quite fast and can go up and get the ball at its high point. Sounds similar to AJ Green to me.

Living in California FreeupFreeney, I can imagine you see a lot of WR Keenan Allen. If he were there say around the 8th or 9th overall pick, would you have any problem with the Colts taking him? We will need a #1 WR for the future since Wayne probably only has a few good years left. Allen has big time talent from what I can see, and I would be totally fine with taking him.

Just imagine a lineup of TEs Fleener, Allen, and WRs Allen, Hilton, Wayne, and Brazill. Luck would be putting up Aaron Rodgers type numbers with those weapons.

Also, who do you compare Keenan Allen to? To me he has the size of AJ Green, and he is said to be quite fast and can go up and get the ball at its high point. Sounds similar to AJ Green to me.

AJ Green is more fluid and a better route runner than Allen. Hunter is the receiver most similar to Green.

Ionly followed keenen allen up until he left high school, where I thought he played safety. I didn't pay much attention to him, and next I heard he was a top WR in his Sophmore year...I'm not the one to give you insight on him, I'll watch tape of him later and compare to woods

Go to youtube.......

Look at all the interceptions.....

Look at the quality of the QB play.... the throws.... the sophistication (or lack there of) of the offense...

You will NOT be impressed. I'm not saying the guy can't play. Nor am I saying he's not a 1st round draft pick. I'm saying his record is not quite what it appeared to be -- and it's especially notable considering how poorly he played against an SEC QB and WR's in his first game this year.

It's a Red Flag of caution. You want to see him performing against the best.

That's all. At least, for now. We'll know more as the season unfolds.....

I seen the youtube recording

I meant earlier, I thought he was recruited to play safety.

Jarvis Jones was a yard short of a pick 6 and had a sack strip, almost had two, and was a nuissance all game long.

However, I saw him trying to bullrush, and he got absolutely blown up everytime. For those that don't know, Jones looks a lot like Mingo very slim and good speed, but Mingo, in my opinion, is a lot more powerful than Jones.

For those who want a demarcus ware type players, Jones is your guy, for those that want a ray lewis type, Monte Teo might be a good one day.

I was just going to say watch out for the Vinric Mark RB out of NorthWestern. I was watching to see way Kyle Prater doesn't have any catches..and NO I know why, they don't pass the ball.

Then I turn on the USC game and he is on the Heisman Watchlist now...lol.

Nickell Robey is becoming more and more Inpressive, he has good man Coverage Skills.

I still can say much for TJ Mcdonald's Pass coverage, because the ball is rarely thrown his way, but he is a force in run support. If it wasn't for him Stanford would have 200 yards rushing right.

Toilolou, the TE out of Stanford is like 7 Feet tall out there, they are tryign to force him the ball.

Dieon Bailey the Sophmore has his 3rd INT...he will be a Top Ten pick 2014.

Barkely Threw 2 INT, partly his fault and partly the Recievers fault. First one was mostly Barkleys fault.

Anybody who Doesn't have Robert Woods as their Top reciever is Blind as a Bat, Guy turned a 5 yard slant into a 4th and 19 conversion.

Elam had INT and a couple pass break ups played very well. Also Ronald Powell is out for year and will take redshirt. I watched my Noles play today and Rhodes looked great, shut down his receiver and had two uber-athletic pass break ups, also senior chris Thompson had almost 200 yards and 2 td's could be late round or UDFA steal. Our two De's played great as always werner and tank could potentially both go in 1st.

Remember these names. Andre Walker, Chris Hobbi and Josh Martinez...because they will Never Play for an NFL team.

I've never seen a 3 man rush get consistant pressure before.

Stephon the RB out of Stanford Looks better than Lattimore IMHO, but sad day for USC fans.

Don't let the 21-14 score fool you, This was an outright Massacre

WHat a rediculous game that Utah BYU was... haha, what an ending.

Star Lutoluie (sp?) didn't get to watch every play....buy the guy look huge and powerfull...but is he a dummy. I swear every other play, he had no idea where the ball was or if it was a pass or a run...that concerns me.

I watched more of the game between BYU, Star L. looks good, but I don't understand the playing style...sometimes he doesn't rush at all if he thinks it is a sweep or something, extending his man away (which shows off his strength) BYU game planed agaist the tackles and ran a lot of sweeps far away from star lol.

I watched about a dozen plays from Jonathan Hankins, plays with decent energy...more than Star...but far less effective than Star is overall.

Hey I just thought of this....Thank our Luck Y Star...we gotta draft him now lol.

Tried to watch vaccarro on a replay and fell asleep.

Late report from last week: Texas A&M vs. SMU LT Luke Joekel looked good for A&M, but not as good as RT Jake Matthews, who more than held his own against potential 1st round pick Margus Hunt. Hunt only got pressure when he did a stunt to the inside and beat one of the interior lineman.Matthews handled him one on one consistently. Matthews is also the long snapper. If you saw what happened to the Raiders in week one when they lost their long snapper, you know how useful it can be to have a competent backup long snapper. I would be fine with the Colts drafting Joeckel or Matthews if they choose to go with a Tackle in the 1st round.

Hunt's game wasn't all bad. He blocked an extra point for the seventh time in his college career and he also holds the FBS record with nine blocked field goals. He could be a special teams weapon as a pro. Hunt is a 6-7 290 lb DE who is projected to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. He wasn't on the field for most first down plays, so he appears to be more of a situational pass rusher at the college level. He doesn't have enough weight to be a 3-4 defensive lineman, so I wouldn't want the Colts to draft him.

WR Ryan Swope looked good for Texas A&M. He might be available in the 3rd round. He's about the same size as Austin Collie and has about the same speed and has the same good hands. This guy will be good as a pro, but with only a 1st, 3rd and 4th round pick I would prefer to see the Colts go with O-line and defense in the draft.

Thanx for the Imput Philg...but you think 290 is too light for DE in a 3-4 at 290 pounds?

I'm watching USC vs Cal...USC game as Usual, and Arizona and Oregon...I cant decide between Clemson and FSU or ND and Michigan...because I finally want to get a good look at Teo....but I also want to see Watkins vs Xavier Rhodes...who I hope are matched up all day.

If rhodes win...it may be because Watkins is fresh back on the field after 1 game...or maybe Rhodes is the Truth.