Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis to start at Left Cornerback

HtownColt

jeesh simmer down, if he was fine as our #1 then Grigson wouldn't have had to trade for Vontae or Powers would not have been constantly lined up against a teams #2 last year, thats NOT a knock on Powers thats simply saying he does not have the necessary skills and or attributes to be a #1 Corner not all Corners do, there are some others in the NFL playing #1 who arent a true #1. Shawntae Spencer, Jason McCourty, Chris Houston (who had a good year least with 5 picks but 1 years worth of production dont make you a legit #1)

He is fine IMO they make the trade becuase we havn't had a decent #2 cornner since before Hayden got payed & then hurt!

He is fine IMO they make the trade becuase we havn't had a decent #2 cornner since before Hayden got payed & then hurt!

Left Corner is for #1 Corners to go up against an opposing teams #1 wide receiver more often then not and thats where Davis will be lining up lol Powers isn't close to Vontaes league, why do you think Powers was never lined up again Andre Johnson against the Texans last year? Powers dont have the athleticism or speed or instincts

Left Corner is for #1 Corners to go up against an opposing teams #1 wide receiver more often then not and thats where Davis will be lining up lol Powers isn't close to Vontaes league, why do you think Powers was never lined up again Andre Johnson against the Texans last year? Powers dont have the athleticism or speed or instincts

1 Powers has matched up againest Johnson before 2 Powers was hurt 2nd half of last year 3 Powers is good, consistant, but injury prone. 4 if Powres stayed healthy I think he could be an all pro 5 Davis is a good athlete, VERY INCONSISTANT, & does not always play up to his potenial to the point he was at best this year the Dolphins 3rd CB & talk was he was in the dog house for stupid play 6 I think before we bless Davis as the 2nd coming of Dion Sanders we might want to see him play in a Colt uniform 7 The BEST RECIEVER does not ALWAYS LINE UP to the left, IE Harrison when he was a Colt, Infact some move them around to find match ups they like. 8 To the best of my knowledge we have NEVER tried to keep Powers off ANYONES BEST RECEIVER. 9 I was a D1 DB in college I think I have alittle bit of knowledge possable in this area. 10 You have HIGHLY UNDERATED POWERS ABILITY if he stays healthy he will have a great year.

jeesh simmer down, if he was fine as our #1 then Grigson wouldn't have had to trade for Vontae or Powers would not have been constantly lined up against a teams #2 last year, thats NOT a knock on Powers thats simply saying he does not have the necessary skills and or attributes to be a #1 Corner not all Corners do, there are some others in the NFL playing #1 who arent a true #1. Shawntae Spencer, Jason McCourty, Chris Houston (who had a good year least with 5 picks but 1 years worth of production dont make you a legit #1)

He traded for Davis because there was no starter opposite Powers. Not because he's not liking what he sees from Powers. Also, Pagano plays sides for CBs, meaning Powers always plays on the right side, no matter who is lined up across from him. Davis is ticketed for the left side. You're convincing youself Powers is a below average CB, just like you (foolishly) convinced yourself Chism and Hicks were starting material.

widens the talent gap between the Bears' WRs and Colts DBs

Lets put it this way, if Davis can hold Marshall to under 50 yards, he did an EXCELLENT job.

If they're both on the sidelines, he can technically hold him to 0 yards.

And, if you consider Davis our best corner, and Marshall their best receiver, and both are off the field, I don't see the gap widening that much.

All that said, I doubt there will be an ejection. Game 1 of the season, both are out of a crappy situation in Miami. Should be a good matchup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now