All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This ^^^^ If Ballard is going to make a high-impact move with our #26 pick to acquire an EDGE guy.... then let it be for Brian Burns in the 10-15 range if he's there and we can work something out. But between his DV history, Seattle's 1st round demand and the contract he will want..... I'd avoid Frank Clark like the plague.
  3. It scares me seeing all those DT's ranked so high. I am really hoping for that position at either 26 or 34. That was the missing piece during the Manning years. I don't want to go through that again.
  4. I'm sure you're right.... that they use the same grading system. But I wonder if they should be? Let me see if I can elaborate.... On the NFL level... it's the best vs. the best. Grown man vs. grown man. Every game carries equal weight. I believe the scores a player gets vs Arizona are just as important as the grades they get vs. New England. That's my understanding. On the college level, I believe it's the same. The grades a Stanford player gets in a game vs. Notre Dame counts just the same as a game vs an opponent that might go 1-11. All the same. But should it be? On the college level, teams have a handful of top level games.... but they also play a number of cup cakes. And the competition level is highly inferior. So a good player on the college level can pad grades, get great grades vs a highly inferior opponent. I suspect that happens a lot. Does PFF make any allowances for the difference in the quality of opponents? If Player A plays in the SEC and Player B plays in a very weak conference (you choose) and they have the same grade at the end of the year --- should they? Do they adjust for the difficulty of schedule? I often wonder. When I see players from smaller schools have high grades, I confess to wondering if that's an appropriate grade? A lot of what I've written is just Thinking Out Loud... Perhaps someone will chime in with new information? But they've got so many question marks for me on this list, and do every year they'v made a college list, that I'm left to scratch my head.... p.s. -- I think you alluded to an important point. Grading a college player on PRODUCTION vs PROJECTION. What you HAVE done vs. what you MIGHT do. That's a very difficult aspect and I suspect is often the difference between a good choice and a bust....
  5. Ask yourself if Funchess had a market before CB & Staff came calling? Labeled a bust due to an incompetent QB and/or system, value is in the toilet! Said player is set to be eaten alive and has no leg to stand on.
  6. If the Colts see Dillard as their future LT then I wouldn't mind this pick at all. Either way, we lack quality depth at the tackle spot. If Costanzo or Smith goes down, I don't feel very optimistic about the backups that we currently have.
  7. I’m saying WR has been addressed in FA and with last yrs draft. WR don’t develop as quick as you might think these days. Due to stupid college offenses. Coaching is a real thing. There is no sense drafting a player (Cain) amd then dismissing him after one yr without seeing what he is capable of Let’s say we stay Status Quo and Luck amd crew have the same success as last yr. BUT we have a better D We advance farther. Even SB farther. I get it you are an offensive guy. And want a WR. Defense wins in this league. Running the call wins in this league. When was was the last team with a big time WR won the SB? Because the Pats and Eagles didn’t have one Pats win by controlling the trenches. Not with high powered WRs
  8. What a guy! This is a man Colts fans can be damn proud of, and he will get paid handsomely for all of his actions, on and off the field.
  9. Well, like was discussed in a few other threads, he's said a lot of contradictory things. Just today we were discussing how he talked about reaching for Smith last year because of the run on OLs. And we all know what he's said about BPA and not reaching.... Again, not saying he will or he won't draft a WR... but... If WR is not a priority, why'd he take two speed guys last year. Neither made an impact, so I'm sure he's not banking on either as sure fire bets this year. And he did say he'd absolutely love to have 3 great WRs. He still only has one. He just inferred 3 is not realistic. What does that say for 2? lol. And I wouldn't expect him to say anything else about his coach. I wouldn't expect him to talk publicly about how anemic our O was against teams that doubled TY like KC, Buff, Jax, etc.. But I assure you he knows. I'm sure he also knows that Lucks yards/attempt also dipped back to rookie campaigns, and was one of the lowest in the top 10 or 12 QBs. I'm sure he's discussed all of it with FR. I'm sure Luck's made his wishes known. And I'm sure Irsay has input to the draft plan. And honest Q... If we don't take a WR early, and we take a step back this year, or just stay anemic when TY is doubled, are we just going to say "well, we need more early D players, and WR isn't a priority" again?
  10. Trading the 26 for Clark would be stupid. Ballard is not stupid.
  11. Well, we all make mistakes right? Jk. If he's matured and learned from his past mistakes then I wouldn't mind giving up a second for him.
  12. Unrealistic, but would be a dream. 26: R1P26 DL DEXTER LAWRENCE CLEMSON 34: R2P2 DL JEFFERY SIMMONS MISSISSIPPI STATE 59: R2P27 WR N'KEAL HARRY ARIZONA STATE 89: R3P25 S JOHNATHAN ABRAM MISSISSIPPI STATE 129: R4P27 CB ISAIAH JOHNSON HOUSTON 135: R4P33 TE FOSTER MOREAU LSU 164: R5P26 EDGE JOHN COMINSKY CHARLESTON (WV) 199: R6P26 TE DONALD PARHAM STETSON 240: R7P26 K MATT GAY UTAH
  13. This is going to be a challenging offseason. They need to make some talent upgrades while maintaining good team chemistry. That's easier said than done. I still hate when Bird started to move away from the defensive/physical style of 2013-2014 to more of what we see now. I know it's the trend now but I think a conference finals appearance is the ceiling for the current trajectory of the team.
  14. Today
  15. I'm not one to comment much on domestic violence, as some of the closest women in my life have been domestically abused, but this is far from the same thing as trading for Tyreek Hill. Hill has had very recent cases, and is currently under investigation of child abuse to the point where he just lost custody of his child... Frank Clark's issue was when he was in college. I will not condone that kind of action, ever, but I am for second chances and so far in his nfl career, Clark is clean. He had a poor choice of words on twitter towards a reporter hammering him hard on his past, and a half serious apology for those words. I think guys like this in the right environment can do good. Will the Irsay girls allow it? I don't know... if they did, I can imagine they'd be working closely with him on repairing that negative reputation and hammering the importance of domestic violence advocacy. Sometimes the most powerful message comes from past abusers with remorse for their actions... Again, not condoning it. But I am all for second chances, under many circumstances.
  16. I think a LT is a possibility if the right one falls at 26 or maybe even at one of the 2nd round picks but I think if it happens it will be more about value and not as much as need. I don't think Garcia will have any impact on the draft. He might contribute down the road but I don't think he prevents the Colts from taking a LT early.
  17. It’s easy, if a team is willing to part ways with one of their own its for a good reason! It’s smart of them to try to get something in return for a player they about to lose but let’s be smarter. Hard Pass.
  18. Ballard’s own words “Would we love three great wideouts that everybody’s scared to death of? Absolutely,” Ballard says. “Who doesn’t? But I’m also realistic to know that offensively we’ve got a really good head coach, who also heads the offense with Nick (Sirianni), and we’ve got a really good offensive staff who figured ways to use the weapons we have. “You hear talk about wanting another wideout, but then we’ve got Eric Ebron to score 14 touchdowns. Not many 2 wideouts in the league score 14 touchdowns. That is an excellent job of coaching, that’s an excellent job by Eric Ebron. You’ve got to find places where you’re going to get that production from Has Ballard ever lied about what he is looking for? WR does not seem to be a priority. He has confidence in the coaching staff. He has confidence in Luck he has confidence in Frank and in the game plan. Coaching means something. And we have very good coaches now not taking a WR in the first 2 rounds. I will all but guarantee it
  19. Anyone he takes at 26 is going to be a player he’s comfortable with taking that he doesn’t want to wait on. The player is probably going to have very minimal difference in their grade then whoever is there at 34. The only way it’s not true is if someone unexpected falls or he has a higher grade on a certain prospect than we thought. For All we know, Lawrence may be there at 26 and Ballard May have him #8 on his board.
  20. I'd probably bank more on Clark or Haeg than Garcia based on snap counts. Garcia is a total unknown. I'm fine with extending Castonzo if he can stay healthy this year. A lot can happen. Roemer late in the draft could end up being a tier one guy if he keeps his head straight. There's going to be some good FA Ts next year too.
  21. I've only been once, for a logic and Joey badass concert. One of the best trips I've ever taken, the atmosphere is unreal. You'll have an amazing time, but it will be packed
  22. It's possible, however, IF a high upside LT is not drafted then that bodes well for Garcia and/or an extension for Castonzo. The coaching staff, as well as the front office know what they have in the building already.
  23. Roemer late this year, and/or high pick next year. If we don't plan to resign him, why not get an extra rookie contract year out of high OT next year.
  24. Many people on here are calling forca LT to be drafted as Castonzo is in his contract year and is pushing the 30+ threshold. A large majority of folks forget about a low risk high reward free agent that Ballard signed in 2018 who spent the season on the Practice Squad in one Antonio Garcia from Troy by way of the Patriots. He was drafted in the 3rd Round in 2017 as Nate Solders replacement. He developed some blood c.lot (it auto-corrects to Colts without the period) issues and lost roughly 70 lbs. He has since regained strength and weight and is now being tutored by one of the best line coaches ever. Here is the draft clip from that year, listen to the parallels in what Mayock has to say. Sounds exactly like a Colts player and exactly like the Colts current roster situation! http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap3000000804395/Patriots-select-Antonio-Garcia-No-85-in-the-2017-NFL-Draft
  1. Load more activity