Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unpopular Draft Strategy

Scott Pennock

4 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

This sounds awesome....until in 4 years when we have to try and re-sign 11 players at the same time. lol

That would be a good problem to have really because that mean Ballard hit on all 11.  

True statement. But, if he keeps rolling over money those extensions for the 3-4 studs out of those 11 should be easy! Ha!

Maybe we're open for business soon and if someone falls on draft day we might cut a deal.

But for right now #6 is not seen as territory for drafting a QB, but just outside of it.  

That's why the Jets wanted to move up 3 spots.  

So I really doubt Buffalo would be interested in 6.  If they are trying to get a QB they are probably more interested in 2 or 4.  (If Cleveland picks it's QB at 1 they may be interested in dealing 4.)

Of course all that could change on draft day, maybe someone falls and someone gets really interested in 6.  But for now I see it as unlikely.

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Zach Banner. 

The potential of ceilings Hooker, Wilson, Hairston, & Mack outweigh Banner getting cut by a mile. He's a bad example, especially considering that was the pick that we got from New England in the Dwayne Allen trade, so Ballard was technically playing with house money.

3 minutes ago, funktacious2 said:

Ah. The more you know.

Good position to "rebuild" then.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative.

Adding a whole new coaching staff is something not too many is thinking about right now. Not only will we have a lot of rookie players we have a few coaches who are also rookies at their position. That could have more effect than the rookie players in the bigger picture?