Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Game

brently76

Congrats on the first game! I go up once a year 7 hour drive and its worth it every time the city around the stadium is awesome.

2 things I recommend:

Go to Mug-n-Bun and have a root beer. (You won't regret it)

The mall is close to the stadium a small walk but worth it plus they have a Colts Pro-shop in there.

This year I am excited to see the Peyton statue!

Have a good time.

Just now, brently76 said:

Expected the community to recommend a little more with all the views. Guess I'll try a root beer and check out the Peyton statue. Thank you neverstop.

I would walk around downtown by the stadium before the game and tailgate a little if you like that sort of thing. Then walk around inside the stadium before gametime and check it out since you have never been, it's pretty cool. After words eat at St Elmo and enjoy a great steak, bake potato with sour cream and butter, and their Shrimp Cocktail.

11 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Shrimp cocktail, bourbon, & steak at St. Elmo’s legendary steak restaurant.  

Yeah once I became an adult, basically in my 20's I would always choose a couple of games to go to a year dating back to the Harbaugh days. Would go with 3 other friends and we would always eat at St Elmo after words if it was an early game. Great stuff. Fun times. Last game I attended was in 2013 and we killed Houston. Anymore I just chill at home.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah once I became an adult, basically in my 20's I would always choose a couple of games to go to a year dating back to the Harbaugh days. Would go with 3 other friends and we would always eat at St Elmo after words if it was an early game. Great stuff. Fun times. Last game I attended was in 2013 and we killed Houston. Anymore I just chill at home.

2015 was my last Colts game in Indy (the exciting win vs the Broncos).   Went there with my at the time 19 year old son.   He ordered a Manhattan and amazingly was not ID’d (he looks really young, though here in Manitoba the drinking age is 18). The rest of the night the waiter enthusiastically talked bourbons with my son, while I sipped wine.  lol

The shrimp cocktail sauce is killer!  The steak was very good.  The service and atmosphere are spot on.  

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

2015 was my last Colts game in Indy.   Went there with my at the time 19 year old son.   He ordered a Manhattan and amazingly was not ID’d (he looks really young, though here in Manitoba the drinking age is 18). The rest of the night the waiter enthusiastically talked bourbons with my son, while I sipped wine.  lol

The shrimp cocktail sauce is killer!  The steak was very good.  The service and atmosphere are spot on.  

Yeah it's a great place to eat no doubt. To me that was a must when I went to 1pm games to eat there afterwords. 90% of the time I went to 1pm games so it was almost tradition with my friends and I to eat there after games.