Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Tannehill

PrincetonTiger

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you read what I wrote? That message was for myself. That was my opportunity not to respond to you any further. But then Someone else interpreted it as my telling you to shut up. I don't tell people to "shut up". 

I don't either. Its a message board.  Its no big deal.

Say what you want to say. Always. No apologies.

We just disagree

Edited by oldunclemark

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I don't either. Its a message board.

Say what you want to say. No apologies.

We just disagree

Do you realize that that quote is your quote. You wrote it in the Hopkins thread. I told you that I liked it and I might use it. When I used it here, I should have pointed out that I was referring to myself. I think I might do just that now.

Anyway, I'm done here. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Do you realize that that quote is your quote. You wrote it in the Hopkins thread. I told you that I liked it and I might use it. When I used it here, I should have pointed out that I was referring to myself. I think I might do just that now.

Anyway, I'm done here. 

I knew that..Its one of my favorite quotes. I use it here a lot

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. My point is that is has little to do with his on field performance. 

Re the Dolphins, I wrote that Cutler is a better fit.

I think that to say that Colin's 1-11 record last year and low completion percentage for his career (not to mention his scrambling scattershot style) has little to do with him not being signed for 2017 is just putting blinders on.

To argue that he isn't very good and I wouldn't want him on my team but that somebody should sign him or there's a conspiracy.

You have to see that thought as being wildly inconsistent.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jay can be an upgrade over Tannehill......He's more experienced....

The Bears didn't protect him well and it made him shaky....

If it works out.....they can be contenders in that division

I agree, and I feel  Sam Bradford will be even better his year than last (even though he was the most accurate passer for a season in the history of the NFL) for NFLfan's Vikings.

Last year he had 2 weeks under Norv turners system to get ready.  Shurmur was brought in after Norv resigned.  so Sam and Shurmur had last year to get things working together.  This year, they have that under their belt and can focus on different things, and have all training camp / pre season to do it.

Same here, Gase and Cutler had time together before, and were very successful.  they can buil upon that this year, and there's plenty of time in camp to get timing and work into football shape.  The system they already have/know.

33 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I agree, and I feel  Sam Bradford will be even better his year than last (even though he was the most accurate passer for a season in the history of the NFL) for NFLfan's Vikings.

Last year he had 2 weeks under Norv turners system to get ready.  Shurmur was brought in after Norv resigned.  so Sam and Shurmur had last year to get things working together.  This year, they have that under their belt and can focus on different things, and have all training camp / pre season to do it.

Same here, Gase and Cutler had time together before, and were very successful.  they can buil upon that this year, and there's plenty of time in camp to get timing and work into football shape.  The system they already have/know.

I think Jay didn't trust some of the coordinators he worked with..

But he seemed to listen to Gase and respect his offensive knowledge..

Miami has a strong runner and a lot of receivers.

They added Julius Thomas, who Gase worked with in Denver...They should be able to score a lot of points.

Defense has to be better but Jay is a guy who will be bad on a bad team but good on a good team

Edited by oldunclemark

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you read what I wrote? That message was for myself. That was my opportunity not to respond to you any further. But then Someone else interpreted it as my telling you to shut up. I don't tell people to "shut up". 

Sorry if I stepped on some feet. I guess I just mis read what you said. No where in your comment did you say I or me.

28 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I too think Bradford will be better. He is having an awesome camp, wowing the crowds and the coaching staff. Hopefully he will be less risk averse this year and win some games.

Regarding Shurmur, he was hired by the Vikes in the 2016 off season, well before Teddy's injury. The coaching staff was growing more and more frustrated with Turner and many thought Shurmur would eventually replace him. So, he was not brought in for Bradford.

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Regarding Shurmur, he was hired by the Vikes in the 2016 off season, well before Teddy's injury. The coaching staff was growing more and more frustrated with Turner and many thought Shurmur would eventually replace him. So, he was not brought in for Bradford.

That's right, I stand corrected.  He and Norv were both there, Turner quit.  Shurmur moved into his spot.

*** NFLfan said:

I too think Bradford will be better. He is having an awesome camp, wowing the crowds and the coaching staff. Hopefully he will be less risk averse this year and win some games.  ***

He can do it, and I'm (and Supes) aren't the only ones to see it and his potential. Give him an O line and some semblance of a running game to compliment him.

The 2016-17 Deep Ball Project
https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-13/

Sam Bradford (Minnesota Vikings)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 66.7% (1st)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 59.1% (3rd)

"All things considered, however, you just may be surprised by Bradford’s downfield passing. His reputation is that of a short passer, but that’s unearned. Playing behind the worst offensive line in the league, little time is given for Bradford to develop his reads or the receivers to progress on their routes, leading to missed opportunities and sacks.

But when Bradford was able to release the ball, he did it with extreme efficiency. If you’re aware of my past work, you’ll know Bradford was graded highly in the 2015-16 DBP. Usually, there’s nowhere to go but down, but Bradford found a way to go up, further increasing his accuracy with tight, precise downfield bombs hitting receivers in stride and away from defenders. He finished with the highest overall downfield accuracy in 2016, with 66.7% of his passes being accurate.

Bradford’s downfield passing isn’t just underrated, good, very good, really good, or great. It’s sensational. Look for yourself and see a quarterback with tremendous deep passing ability."

FINAL GRADE: A+

Blake Bortles (Jacksonville Jaguars - for comparison sake)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 33.0% (30th)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 27.7% (29th)

"There’s bad, there’s really bad, and then there’s Blake Bortles. Usually the lowest grade I give is an F, and that’s because the worst QBs at least have some good throws. Bortles found a way to bypass that and is the first quarterback to receive an F- in the history of the Deep Ball Project.

You have to try to be as bad as Bortles was.  ... {snip horrid stuff!}"

FINAL GRADE: F-

Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 66.3% (2nd)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 57.4% (5th)

"After missing the 2015-16 Deep Ball Project due to injuries, Andrew Luck rebounded in a big way, bigger than I had given him credit for.

Andrew Luck has always been a great quarterback, but in 2016 he took his game to a new level, minimizing mistakes while making more jaw dropping plays than ever before. His overall accuracy of 66.3% was only ranked 2nd to Sam Bradford, and this came despite playing with poor coaching and a weak (though slightly improved) offensive line.

What Luck’s been able to do in 2016 was astounding. He was legitimately bad in 2015, but made sure that season was an outlier for good, delivering top notch passes upon top notch passes, often making his next throw his best one.

With yards and touchdowns galore, and supreme accuracy, Andrew Luck’s 2016 season was an otherworldly one."

Some other notables:
Tom Brady - C
Drew Brees  - A
Derek Carr - A
Joe Flacco  - F
Colin Kaepernick - D+
Cam Newton - A-
Marcus Mariota - C

Brock Osweiler- "If you thought Blake Bortles was awful in 2016, Brock Osweiler won’t change your mind, but he’ll be just as miserable to sit through."   

see the whole list / article here-
https://brickwallblitz.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-13/

43 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That's right, I stand corrected.  He and Norv were both there, Turner quit.  Shurmur moved into his spot.

*** NFLfan said:

I too think Bradford will be better. He is having an awesome camp, wowing the crowds and the coaching staff. Hopefully he will be less risk averse this year and win some games.  ***

He can do it, and I'm (and Supes) aren't the only ones to see it and his potential. Give him an O line and some semblance of a running game to compliment him.

The 2016-17 Deep Ball Project

Sam Bradford (Minnesota Vikings)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 66.7% (1st)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 59.1% (3rd)

"All things considered, however, you just may be surprised by Bradford’s downfield passing. His reputation is that of a short passer, but that’s unearned. Playing behind the worst offensive line in the league, little time is given for Bradford to develop his reads or the receivers to progress on their routes, leading to missed opportunities and sacks.

But when Bradford was able to release the ball, he did it with extreme efficiency. If you’re aware of my past work, you’ll know Bradford was graded highly in the 2015-16 DBP. Usually, there’s nowhere to go but down, but Bradford found a way to go up, further increasing his accuracy with tight, precise downfield bombs hitting receivers in stride and away from defenders. He finished with the highest overall downfield accuracy in 2016, with 66.7% of his passes being accurate.

Bradford’s downfield passing isn’t just underrated, good, very good, really good, or great. It’s sensational. Look for yourself and see a quarterback with tremendous deep passing ability."

Blake Bortles (Jacksonville Jaguars - for comparison sake)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 33.0% (30th)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 27.7% (29th)

"There’s bad, there’s really bad, and then there’s Blake Bortles. Usually the lowest grade I give is an F, and that’s because the worst QBs at least have some good throws. Bortles found a way to bypass that and is the first quarterback to receive an F- in the history of the Deep Ball Project.

You have to try to be as bad as Bortles was.  ... {snip horrid stuff!}"

Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts)

Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 66.3% (2nd)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 57.4% (5th)

"After missing the 2015-16 Deep Ball Project due to injuries, Andrew Luck rebounded in a big way, bigger than I had given him credit for.

Andrew Luck has always been a great quarterback, but in 2016 he took his game to a new level, minimizing mistakes while making more jaw dropping plays than ever before. His overall accuracy of 66.3% was only ranked 2nd to Sam Bradford, and this came despite playing with poor coaching and a weak (though slightly improved) offensive line.

What Luck’s been able to do in 2016 was astounding. He was legitimately bad in 2015, but made sure that season was an outlier for good, delivering top notch passes upon top notch passes, often making his next throw his best one.

With yards and touchdowns galore, and supreme accuracy, Andrew Luck’s 2016 season was an otherworldly one."

Some other notables:
Tom Brady - C
Drew Brees  - A
Derek Carr - A
Joe Flacco  - F
Colin Kaepernick - D+
Cam Newton - A-
Marcus Mariota - C

Brock Osweiler- "If you thought Blake Bortles was awful in 2016, Brock Osweiler won’t change your mind, but he’ll be just as miserable to sit through."   

see the whole list / article here-

I think Brickwallblitz is by Johnathan Kinsley (or a name like that). He is a big fan of Bridgewater, even more so than he is of Bradford. I thought of joining Twitter just to follow Kinsley because he does really good work and he loves my QBs. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I think Brickwallblitz is by Johnathan Kinsley (or a name like that). He is a big Bridgewater fan, even more so than he is of Bradford. I thought of joining Twitter just to follow Kinsley because he loves my QBs.

NFL, how do you think the Vikings will do this season? I cant pinpoint a record prediction with them yet.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

NFL, how do you think the Vikings will do this season? I cant pinpoint a record prediction with them yet.

I don't know. I was very optimistic last year. The team looks good. Dalvin Cook is the real thing. He will be the starting RB. He can do so much that AP could not. I was not a big fan of AP the way your relative was. I like more versatile RBs like Bell and Forte. Cook is like Bell. I am excited. 

Bradford looks good but he is not the type like Luck or even Stafford who will carry their team. He has talent but he does not use it. He often does not show a sense of urgency when he needs to. That is my biggest problem with him.

The defense looks even better than last year. We have some D-linemen that are playing well.for us but we have no room for them. Do the Colts need one? ;)

I think every fan base is excited this time of year. We have a difficult schedule to start. (Not looking forward to Pitt.)  Let's see happens. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. I was very optimistic last year. The team looks good. Davin Cook is the real thing. He will be the starting RB. He can do so much that AP could not. I was not a big fan of AP the way your relative was. I like more versatile RBs like Bell and Forte. Cook is like Bell. I am excited. 

Bradford looks good but he is not the type like Luck or even Stafford who will carry their team. He has talent but he does not use it. He had no sense of urgency. That is my biggest problem with him.

The defense looks even better than last year. We have some D-linemen that are playing well.for us but we have no room for them. Do the Colts need one? ;)

I think every fan base is excited this time of year. We have a difficult schedule to start. (Not looking forward to Pitt.)  Let's see happens. 

Oh crap you play Pitt on opening day?? Yikes I didn't know.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure, haven't asked. I will have to call him and get his takes on how he feels about the season.

He will be excited by Cook. Michael Floyd is also looking great but he may be suspended 4 games for his DUI. Yiur relative may get to like Bradford after all. Zimmer said he wants him to be a leader.