Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sportsline.com Predicts The 2017 AFC South

King Colt

For what it's worth from sportsline.com based on all OTAs etc. so far this year here are their percentages of how who fairs this season (winning the conference.)

Titans 42.9%  Texans 36.1%  Colts 28.0%   Jags 24.5%  My only comment is the gap between the Titans and Colts appears to be to big.

9 hours ago, LuckyHooker24 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans took the South this year.

If the Colts' newly revamped secondary can handle their newly revamped WR corps then they still won't beat the Colts or win the division.

Clay Travis has the Titans winning the SB, Peter King has Titans as the number 4 team and the Colts as the number 24, despite us having arguably the best offseason and being one 21 point 4th quarter blown lead from the playoffs, on top of the fact Titans haven't beat us in like 3 years. Let them root for the Titans.

12 hours ago, King Colt said:

For what it's worth from sportsline.com based on all OTAs etc. so far this year here are their percentages of how who fairs this season (winning the conference.)

Titans 42.9%  Texans 36.1%  Colts 28.0%   Jags 24.5%  My only comment is the gap between the Titans and Colts appears to be to big.

I would argue the bigger problem is that the gap between the Jags and the Colts. . . or really the Jags and everyone else is far too small.

Really sick of the Jags always being next year's champions.  Every draft they are drafting in the top 5, they never make major improvements.  But then every year you've got writers convinced they have an actual shot this year.  

I say take 14.5% from the Jags.  Give the Texans 4.5% and put them at 40.6%.  Give the Colts 10% and put them at 38%.  Leave the Jags at 10% and that might be too much.  

This is a 3 way race between the Titans, Texans and the Colts.  Last year the Titans and the Texans had the same record and the Colts where only 1 game behind.  The Jags where dragging up the rear and only had like 3 wins.  

On 2017. 06. 19. at 4:48 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Really sick of the Jags always being next year's champions.  Every draft they are drafting in the top 5, they never make major improvements.  But then every year you've got writers convinced they have an actual shot this year.  

I say take 14.5% from the Jags.  Give the Texans 4.5% and put them at 40.6%.  Give the Colts 10% and put them at 38%.  Leave the Jags at 10% and that might be too much.

Every struggling team in the NFL (well, maybe except the Browns lol) get out of their sh*thole eventually. Yes, the Jags've been drafting in the top 5 for like a decade and they couldn't make a living off of that. But if you look at their picks 3-5-7 years ago, and look what they've done in the last 2 years, there is a massive difference there. The new GM is doing a decent job in drafting the right guys and bringing in good free agents. That roster is LOADED. Especially the defense. People can say anything they want, but that defense has massive talent everywhere. top to bottom. And not just talent, but guys who actually show it on field. Ramsey is legit. Miles Jack is legit (assuming he stays healthy), Ngakoue, their 2016 third rounder looks like a fantastic pick, etc. They have everything in place to have a top3 defense. Maybe even better than Houstons. And in the offense, they have very good skill players also everywhere, except at QB. Their receiving corp is very-very good, they have now Fournette at RB, and now they have Branden Albert at LT, who might be over of his best years, but still a formidable addition. A.J. Cann, their 2015 3rd rounder is a good starting quality guard. And they drafted Cam Robinson, another player who might have it. And most importantly, they brought in Couglin, so they have now a guy in the building, whos got used to winning, who does not accept mediocricity.

Imo, the Jags as they are now, a team like Houston. They seem to have everything in place for a breakout season, except the QB. But.... but... while Bortles was terrible last year, he is not an Osweiler. That guy has NFL talent. It's not is potentials, but something else (mis-coaching? him being lazy? who knows) went south for him recently. It might never turn back in the right direction. But what if it does? He can easily be the next Alex Smith either.

(Anyway, I put them in 4th as you did, but with a cautionary note. Things can change quickly this fall....)

3 hours ago, Peterk2011 said:

Every struggling team in the NFL (well, maybe except the Browns lol) get out of their sh*thole eventually. Yes, the Jags've been drafting in the top 5 for like a decade and they couldn't make a living off of that. But if you look at their picks 3-5-7 years ago, and look what they've done in the last 2 years, there is a massive difference there. The new GM is doing a decent job in drafting the right guys and bringing in good free agents. That roster is LOADED. Especially the defense. People can say anything they want, but that defense has massive talent everywhere. top to bottom. And not just talent, but guys who actually show it on field. Ramsey is legit. Miles Jack is legit (assuming he stays healthy), Ngakoue, their 2016 third rounder looks like a fantastic pick, etc. They have everything in place to have a top3 defense. Maybe even better than Houstons. And in the offense, they have very good skill players also everywhere, except at QB. Their receiving corp is very-very good, they have now Fournette at RB, and now they have Branden Albert at LT, who might be over of his best years, but still a formidable addition. A.J. Cann, their 2015 3rd rounder is a good starting quality guard. And they drafted Cam Robinson, another player who might have it. And most importantly, they brought in Couglin, so they have now a guy in the building, whos got used to winning, who does not accept mediocricity.

Imo, the Jags as they are now, a team like Houston. They seem to have everything in place for a breakout season, except the QB. But.... but... while Bortles was terrible last year, he is not an Osweiler. That guy has NFL talent. It's not is potentials, but something else (mis-coaching? him being lazy? who knows) went south for him recently. It might never turn back in the right direction. But what if it does? He can easily be the next Alex Smith either.

(Anyway, I put them in 4th as you did, but with a cautionary note. Things can change quickly this fall....)

Things can change quickly, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Jags have been next year's champs for a long time now.  Everyone thinks they have talent because they go out in Free Agency and in the Draft and get name players.  But a lot of name players don't work out.  

I'll give them credit when they actually have a decent season.  

On 6/18/2017 at 10:41 PM, King Colt said:

Tennessee is way overrated I predict them to be where the Colts are and Colts to be where Tennessee is. I heard the same thing about the Jags last season.