Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NCF's Final Top-32 Players.....

This is not a prediction of who will be taken in the first round.     If I was predicting,  I'd have Mahomes on my list.    I think he'll be taken in the first.    But he's not a 1st round talent for me.     Conley was on my list right up until about noon today.   These are my top-32 players,  for what little it's worth.

1.   Myles Garrett         DE        Texas A&M

Note:    Easiest pick of the list!

2.   Jamaal Adams       SS        LSU

Note:         Top-5 tape,  but not top-5 athlete

3.   Solomon Thomas     DE      Stanford

Note:       Football infant, just starting to play the game.    High ceiling

4.    Jonathan Allen          DT       Alabama

Note:    See Jamaal Adams;    Great tape,  but did not test like a premium athlete

5.    Leonard Fournette       RB       LSU

Note:     Runaway freight train.    Main worry is health;  often gets nicked up.

6.    Marshawn Lattimore      CB       Ohio State

Note:     Raw,  still learning.   Great physical tools and skills at a premium position.   High ceiling

7.    Ruben Foster                 ILB        Alabama

Note:      Character red flags galore,  but he's all over the field impacting every game

8.    Malik Hooker                  FS         Ohio St.

Note:   Another one-year wonder;  but plays center field and finds the football like Ed Reed

9.   Corey Davis                    WR       West Michigan

Note:  High ankle sprain has sidelined Davis during scouting season.   But those that I read/hear prefer Davis to Williams

10.    OJ Howard               TE          Alabama

Note:    Under-utilized in college,  but great physical tools

11.   Derek Barnett             DE/OLB      Tennessee

Note:     Three years of high level play in the SEC speaks for itself

12.     Christian McCaffrey        RB        Stanford

Note:    If used properly,  then he's a match-up nightmare.    If not,  could be disappointment.   Top flight WR skills plus return skills complete the package

13.     DeSean Watson             QB        Clemson

Note:   Winner.    Leader.     Competitor.     Needs a year (or more) of NFL polishing, but so do all QB's in this class.

14.    Haason Reddick              LB         Temple

Note:    Has anyone come farther, faster?     Can play outside or inside?    What do want/need?

15.     Forrest Lamp                    G          Western Kentucky

Note:   4-year starter, mostly at LT with short arms.     Will kick inside much like ND's Zack Martin.     Not often a guard is top OL in a class.

16.     Charles Harris                  OLB/DE        Missouri

Note:  Said to be a top-20 player on a number of boards including Chris Ballard.

17.     Mike Williams                      WR            Clemson

Note:   Not a good rout runner,  but great when the ball is in the air.    Great size.

18.    David Njoku                          TE             Miami

Note:    A late bloomer with surprising NFL skill set.   More split TE than in-line blocker

19.     Takk McKinley                      OLB           UCLA

Note:    Raw, but great attitude and tools.    Often compared to someone named......   Mathis

20.    Ryan Ramczyk                        OT          Wisconson

Note:    One year at Wisconsin playing at lower division school.   But did well for Wisconsin who know how to turn out OL's

21.     TreDavius White                   CB           LSU

Note:    Another multi-year starter from LSU     Highly competitive press corner

22.       Jarrod Davis                      ILB/OLB       Florida

Note:    Can play inside and out,  though most seem to see a man in the middle

23.     Mitch Trubisky                         QB           N. Carolina

Note:     Might be the best QB out of this class,  but I just can't get past only 13 starts when NFL teams really want twice that

24.      Dalvin Cook                             RB         Florida St.

Note:    Character red flags off the field,  fumbling and injuries on the field are keeping a once-top-10 talent much lower

25.     Cam Robinson                         OT           Alabama

Note:   Likely no more than average Left Tackle,  but might be a very good Right Tackle

26.     Marlon Humphreys                  CB           Alabama

Note:   The latest corner out of the Tide factory.    Great physical skills,  but very poor skills when the ball is in the air.

27.     Taco Charlton                          DE/OLB/DT       Michigan

Note:    One year of good production and did not test as well as expected gives some concern

28.    John Ross                                  WR                  Washington

Note:   4.22 is his calling card.     But two surgeries and a small frame worry scouts

29.    Kevin King                                  CB              Washington

Note:   6'3" frame and 32" arms and tested much better than expected.   Has forced scouts to reconsider what King can be

30.    Garrett Bolles                             OT                Utah

Note:   Smallish Zone Left Tackle with good feet,  but he's also 25 as a rookie.

31.      Quincy Wilson                         CB                  Florida

Note:   Zone or off-ball corner with great size

32.      Julius Peppers                          SS                Michigan

Note:   His diluted test not with standing,  he's great great talent and is considered a leader on the field.    With NFL coaching should settle into Safety plus returns skills.

Nice job @NewColtsFan  I'm not sure I can agree with you about Adams, or maybe I don't know what you mean about not being a top 5 athlete.  I've watched him enough to see Ed Reed type of skills (I know that's probably too lofty).  He has the speed, quickness, and power that you'd want in a S. 

He's one of those guys who actually looks bigger in person than what they have him measured at, if you know what I mean.

Overall, I can't nitpick your list except maybe for placing the QBs too high, especially Watson.  He reminds me too much of Vince Young, great athlete and a proven winner - but does he really have first round talent?  Time will tell.  (Also not a big fan of Wilson from Florida, but at 31 it's not far off).

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Note:   His diluted test not with standing,  he's great great talent and is considered a leader on the field.    With NFL coaching should settle into Safety plus returns skills.

"Not with standing" and "notwithstanding" have two entirely different meanings - just FYI.  The version you were going for is the one where it's just one word.

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Nice job @NewColtsFan  I'm not sure I can agree with you about Adams, or maybe I don't know what you mean about not being a top 5 athlete.  I've watched him enough to see Ed Reed type of skills (I know that's probably too lofty).  He has the speed, quickness, and power that you'd want in a S. 

He's one of those guys who actually looks bigger in person than what they have him measured at, if you know what I mean.

Overall, I can't nitpick your list except maybe for placing the QBs too high, especially Watson.  He reminds me too much of Vince Young, great athlete and a proven winner - but does he really have first round talent?  Time will tell.  (Also not a big fan of Wilson from Florida, but at 31 it's not far off).

He didn't test all that well.    Not terrible,  but I don't think he tested as some had hoped for.

He ran a blazing 40 at his pro day,  and few seem to think that was legit.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

@NewColtsFan Still no McDowell? :P Good list though. I posted my own list for the Colts in another thread yesterday. Got to just about 28 names.

I'm not seeing McDowell on many lists.     I think I'm in pretty good company.

That doesn't mean he won't go in the first round.     It only takes one team to love him.     He's got undeniable talent.      I just see more of a 2nd round talent.     What he's got going for him is that DT is a very poor class,  so need may rule the day....