stitches

Colts Draft Tracker 2017: Meetings, Interviews, Individual Workouts, etc.

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Colts were at Toledo's pro day to watch NT prospect Treyvon Hester

http://draftanalyst.com/treyvon-hester-works-out-nfl-team 

Hester had amazing workout clocking between 4.86 and 4.91 for his 40, jumping 31.5" vertical, 103" broad jump and running 4.71s short-shuttle!!! That's at 6'2.25" 304 pounds.

According to Tony Pauline he's one of the better NT prospects in the draft.

Unfortunately not much film on him, here's what I found:

Aaaaand......Kareem Hunt..

• Like 2

I wonder if Ballard is like Polian?  With polian there were always reports of him at workouts to watch such and such a player, but usually he was there to watch someone else.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I wonder if Ballard is like Polian?  With polian there were always reports of him at workouts to watch such and such a player, but usually he was there to watch someone else.

I don't think it is unusual or anything special for a GM to watch workouts. As far as a GM I think they are watching all of the players within eye view. If not they would have a scout being their eyes so all players at workouts are pretty much covered.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:04 AM, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think it is unusual or anything special for a GM to watch workouts. As far as a GM I think they are watching all of the players within eye view. If not they would have a scout being their eyes so all players at workouts are pretty much covered.

I think that is true during the year, but as it closer to the draft they have to be focusing in on specific players and when they go to a workout at a school it's for a specific player or two, not to watch all of them.

7 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think that is true during the year, but as it closer to the draft they have to be focusing in on specific players and when they go to a workout at a school it's for a specific player or two, not to watch all of them.

The only time a player gets a personal workout is when they are brought in specific for that. When a GM goes to a workout that involves more than one player he might have a specific player in mind but he also has his eyes on what is going on with all the players.

I have heard stories about GMs talking about that more than a few times. They go to look at a specific player but end up being impressed by another player. Especially if they take interest for a player in later rounds.

Colts interested in Florida ILB Jarad Davis according to Tony Pauline:

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-monday-notes-draft-week

During last Friday’s edition of the DA Draft Buzz, I noted that two teams both grade Florida’s Jarrad Davis as a first-round pick. On Sunday I learned a few teams stamp the linebacker as a top 20-prospect and feel that he’ll be gone by the middle of Round 1.

The teams I’m hearing that are interested in Davis include the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins.

• Like 3