Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank The Tank

AZColt11

I know Gore missed getting 1,000 last year but it was just by a little bit.  He had no room to roam and his coordinator was fired midway thru.  Luck was only around for 7 games and wasn't much at that.  He now has more beef up front to block for him too.  I like Frank to go over 1,000 this season provided HE himself stays relatively healthy.  So many on the outside see him as washed up and old (ask SF fans if they would like to have him back!) but after watching his highlights from last season I still see the burst there and his knack for finding tough yards in small spaces.  He doesn't look like a RB who is ready to hang'em up just yet.  This is what he can STILL do people if the Colts can just get him more opportunities. 

I am posting a link to his highlights here.  Since I'm relatively new, I'm not sure if it is OK to post the actual video or not, but after reviewing the board rules I didn't find anything about it being prohibited unless it is illegal, which I don't believe this is.  If this is in violation, admins please remove.  Otherwise, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp40C0PTiMA

7 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I hope you're right. I'm anxious to see how the RB's look in camp. I can see Frank having a more conservative role if Ferguson/Todman/Varga/Turbin step up. Save the tank for playoffs 

I hope Ferguson is the guy the Colts front office thinks he is.  If so, I see a lot of Frank in him.  Would be good to see.

Thing is, Gore doesn't even have to be amazing. He can literally just be 'okay' and the offense would be fine. I have enough faith in Andrew Luck. Remember, the guy had the most touchdown passes and third most yards in a season in which he had NO run game and lackluster O Line. So 'okay' Gore coupled with decent O line play (at least in their first season as a group) should be enough to see the return of the great Andrew Luck.

But it's not like I expect Gore to have an okay season. I think he's gonna kill it next year. The only way I DON'T see him getting 1000 yards is if he gets injured or if the coaching staff wants to rest him down the stretch (provided the Colts have a comfortable lead in the division which they probably won't tbh).

28 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Thing is, Gore doesn't even have to be amazing. He can literally just be 'okay' and the offense would be fine.

Which makes it all the more disappointing how bad Trent Richardson was, but I digress. Come to think of it, I was saying those exact same words when we had Richardson. Why couldn't you have been OKAY Trent!? Why!? WHHHHHHY!?

4 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I guess it's safe to say we agree Gore should have a pretty good year, yeah?

Yeah I think so! As long as the rest of the offense can hold up, it should be a great year for Gore!

13 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I know Gore missed getting 1,000 last year but it was just by a little bit.  He had no room to roam and his coordinator was fired midway thru.  Luck was only around for 7 games and wasn't much at that.  He now has more beef up front to block for him too.  I like Frank to go over 1,000 this season provided HE himself stays relatively healthy.  So many on the outside see him as washed up and old (ask SF fans if they would like to have him back!) but after watching his highlights from last season I still see the burst there and his knack for finding tough yards in small spaces.  He doesn't look like a RB who is ready to hang'em up just yet.  This is what he can STILL do people if the Colts can just get him more opportunities. 

I am posting a link to his highlights here.  Since I'm relatively new, I'm not sure if it is OK to post the actual video or not, but after reviewing the board rules I didn't find anything about it being prohibited unless it is illegal, which I don't believe this is.  If this is in violation, admins please remove.  Otherwise, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp40C0PTiMA

Thanks for this. A fun watch.
 Frank sure makes quality, quick decisions.
 No reason he can`t run like that this season.
  I have expectations that we will be very good running between the guards.

And that is a big-time game changer.