Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lack of RBs First 3 Rounds

I have to say that In shocked at the lack of RBs drafted. Only 3 drafted in the first 3 rounds. That's got to be some type of record.

I wonder if it was just the defensive depth that's pushing these guys down since it's a record for defenders drafted so far.

What RB do you guys see coming off the board next? I think Kenneth Dixon because he's such a versatile back. Although I'd love him on the Colts, he might go sooner.

I'd like a rb to be drafted in the 4th. Maybe Keith Marshall in the fifth if we wait. But we have a legitimate need at rb. We have no depth. We also have a real need at olb but with the lack of talent there I think we could wait till the fifth easier. If Christian westerman our Connor McGovern are available I think they deserve a look to too even with drafting two ol already. 

26 minutes ago, Wesk7 said:

Maybe Keith Marshall in the fifth if we wait. 

I agree.  After looking over the remaining RBs, Marshall stands out to me.  I love his size 5'11"/220 and speed 4.31 40.  He played great as a true freshman before injuring his knee early during his sophomore season.  Since then he has been buried behind Gurley and Chubb.  Could be a diamond in the rough.

14 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

I agree.  After looking over the remaining RBs, Marshall stands out to me.  I love his size 5'11"/220 and speed 4.31 40.  He played great as a true freshman before injuring his knee early during his sophomore season.  Since then he has been buried behind Gurley and Chubb.  Could be a diamond in the rough.

And he was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school. If not for the depth at Georgia, we could have been talking about him like we were Gurley. I know it's cliche but he has so much potential. He may be there round 5 considering how slow the backs are coming off the board.

Jonathan Williams is still on the board and I'd like to have him. Also believe Tyler Ervin is still on the board. Jakeem Grant is still there if you want to add a little weight and use like Darren Sproles. Or just a jack of all trades guy.