Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens Matt Elam out for the season

RockThatBlue

Not that big of a loss. He had a horrible season last year and was benched. I fear he may be a first round bust.

Which is why I hate people clammering to take a safety high in the draft. Don't get me wrong...safeties are important...but I don't think you have to go high in the draft to get value. There are those super star safeties like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor etc that are real playmakers you can go up high and take a risk on...but overall I think the safety position is very much over rated....you can get plenty of production later in the draft.

Which is why I hate people clammering to take a safety high in the draft. Don't get me wrong...safeties are important...but I don't think you have to go high in the draft to get value. There are those super star safeties like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor etc that are real playmakers you can go up high and take a risk on...but overall I think the safety position is very much over rated....you can get plenty of production later in the draft.

Ed Reed was also an end of the first round guy that worked out, unlike Elam. It is risky drafting some of these safeties that high. I wish we would have taken a shot on the honey badger who went in the third round.