Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Would Our Record Be.....

England Colt

If Orlovsky had been given a chance earlier, we had 'bout 4 wins. We'd lost early games, because the whole team was faithless w/o Manning.

I still don't understand two things about QB recession this year:

Why did we signed Collins? Why tried we make the season with Painter (I mean, FO and coaches should have known which QB is better behind manning)?

If Orlovsky had been given a chance earlier, we had 'bout 4 wins. We'd lost early games, because the whole team was faithless w/o Manning.

I still don't understand two things about QB recession this year:

Why did we signed Collins? Why tried we make the season with Painter (I mean, FO and coaches should have known which QB is better behind manning)?

They weren't prepared for this. Like someone that practices escape routes from their home in case of fire, those whom do not may find themselves getting burned up in a panicked scramble.

As to Danny O....

He's better than Painter and Collins so one must deduct that we'd have been better off with him for the duration. We still would've lost out on the playoffs, but it would have been nice to see and experience more wins this year.

We did find out a number of things, and this could be gleamed as advantageous to us going forward:

1) The true value of Peyton.

2) Painter isn't a smart choice for a #2 QB.

3) Our defense must become more dynamic, not only in case of Peyton's absence, but to aid Peyton so that we may have more playoff success with him.

4) Our coach handles duress with dumbfoundedness guised as being cool under fire.

5) Donald Brown is a viable NFL back in a traditional two-back set.

We probably would have five to six wins had they just stuck with Dan from the get go instead of signing Collins and sticking with Painter so long.

It really makes you think what the heck was the coaching staff seeing in Painter this whole time. What possibly could Painter have done in practice that showed anything that would make you confident if the worst case scenario happened.

The whole handling of the back up QB position has been a disaster for this coaching staff and front office.

oh i love the hindsight game....nearly everyone was jocking Painter after the Steelers game...asking why did the Colts even sign Collins?? All I heard was "Painter knows the offense....he has been here....blah blah" Then after his few good games it was all the defense's fault. Then teams got film on him and started learning his tendencies...and shutting him down. Funny how that works. Go back to September and you will probably find this exact same thread only with Painter's name instead of Orlovsky's.

if Orlovsky had been given starts earlier?!

I think we'd have beaten Tampa, Kansas City and Pittsburgh had Orlovsky played. We certainly wouldn't have only won two games.

Makes you wonder why it took the coaches so long to make the switch!

I think we'd be 6-9.....

(KC, Cleve, Jacksonville and Tampa)

They weren't prepared for this. Like someone that practices escape routes from their home in case of fire, those whom do not may find themselves getting burned up in a panicked scramble.

As to Danny O....

He's better than Painter and Collins so one must deduct that we'd have been better off with him for the duration. We still would've lost out on the playoffs, but it would have been nice to see and experience more wins this year.

We did find out a number of things, and this could be gleamed as advantageous to us going forward:

1) The true value of Peyton.

2) Painter isn't a smart choice for a #2 QB.

3) Our defense must become more dynamic, not only in case of Peyton's absence, but to aid Peyton so that we may have more playoff success with him.

4) Our coach handles duress with dumbfoundedness guised as being cool under fire.

5) Donald Brown is a viable NFL back in a traditional two-back set.

....No. 4 may be the best observation on this day..

I'm never sure whether Jim C. is in control or blowing in the wind...

I think 4-5 wins total with Dan. Steelers is a possibility, with Tampa Bay as a win and I think KC becomes a winnable game. It could have even gone to 6 wins considering we have not just had a QB that can put together a game winning drive but longer drives that keep the defense off the field and gives them time to rest. That is what killed up in alot of the close losses was the defense running out of gas. Also looking at the Bears with Caleb Hanie, a bad QB can really kill a team. The Bears have a great D, running game and special teams and they haven't won since Cutler went down.