Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucas Oil could host Rams Vs Raiders monday

B~Town

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-11-26/raiders-rams-ferguson-protests-st-louis-indianapolis-lucas-oil-stadium

A friend of mine does security for all events there said there are preparing as if the game will be in Indy . Wonder if they will be giving away free tickets I have a good friend who is a Raiders fan in town for the holidays bet he would love to go to the game .

Seems a bit extreme to me at the moment. Protesting out there isn't even as violent as the media claims IMO. Sure a few fires on Monday night but yeah......mostly people with signs walking around yelling. But, history has shown us way way more violent protesting.

And most NFL games have good security from what I have seen.

Although I guess it may be tough for people to get to the game in St. Louis if they fear something may go on before the game, during or after the game.

Doubt that will happen

Seems a bit extreme to me at the moment. Protesting out there isn't even as violent as the media claims IMO. Sure a few fires on Monday night but yeah......mostly people with signs walking around yelling. But, history has shown us way way more violent protesting.

And most NFL games have good security from what I have seen.

Although I guess it may be tough for people to get to the game in St. Louis if they fear something may go on before the game, during or after the game.

I agree with all the above riots can gain steam fast or just be done and gone in no time . I just found it interesting that all personnel had been contacted and told to prepare as if the game would be in LOS .

Rioting is one aspect of human behavior that I'll never get my head around.

"Let's show our displeasure by wrecking the place where we live!"

Anyway, can't see them moving this game now that things have apparently calmed down a little. Unless I missed some news. 

Rioting is one aspect of human behavior that I'll never get my head around.

"Let's show our displeasure by wrecking the place where we live!"

Anyway, can't see them moving this game now that things have apparently calmed down a little. Unless I missed some news. 

It goes back to that horrible thing called Property Rights...depending on who you talk to, it's either the greatest or worst thing to ever happen for human kind.

The rioting is not even close to as bad as the media is making it out to be. The use of selective reporting is to extremes in this case, just like how when it snows for a few days, they turn that into a blizzard based off panic and how it sells to the public.

It goes back to that horrible thing called Property Rights...depending on who you talk to, it's either the greatest or worst thing to ever happen for human kind.

The rioting is not even close to as bad as the media is making it out to be. The use of selective reporting is to extremes in this case, just like how when it snows for a few days, they turn that into a blizzard based off panic and how it sells to the public.

That's the very disappointing thing to me, Bogie...

The news media say they decry racial unrest but they deploy legions of troops to anticipate it and broadcast it...and only show the 2% of the town where there are demonstration..so their ratings will soar (and they do)

They make money on the unrest..they have a vested interest in blowing it out of proportion.

They 'encourage' impressionable (the best term I can use) folks to misbehave for their own profit.

You cant trust what you see.

Fear is always a sure sell. Lots of people believe everything the media tells them...especially when it's fear oriented.

Just so you all know, the world should have ended like eighty thousand times. You'd think most folks would take "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" to heart, but no.

That's the very disappointing thing to me, Bogie...

The news media say they decry racial unrest but they deploy legions of troops to anticipate it and broadcast it...and only show the 2% of the town where there are demonstration..so their ratings will soar (and they do)

They make money on the unrest..they have a vested interest in blowing it out of proportion.

They 'encourage' impressionable (the best term I can use) folks to misbehave for their own profit.

You cant trust what you see.

The media does nothing but feed the fire so to say.