Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF ReFo: Bengals @ Colts

Dustin

When you add that Pep uses a TE covering both tackles so often and the (IMO) VG to Excellent additional pass blocking & run support we get from Doyle and our RB`s, our O-Lineman are very very mediocre. But the Trend is our friend with lots of games to keep getting better before playoff time.
 Each week Pep is adding new wrinkles to diversify the O and the execution has been pretty good. Very proud of the whole shabang!! Yeehaa! Go Colts!!

Curious to see how did the interior line graded vs Bengals

Hugh Thornton: Overall -1.0, Pass Block -2.6Run Block +2.4

Jack Mewhort: Overall 0.5, Pass Block -1.1, Run Block +2.4

Jon Harrison: Overall +1.2, Pass Block -1.4, Run Block +2.5

Hugh Thornton: Overall -1.0, Pass Block -2.6, Run Block +2.4

Jack Mewhort: Overall 0.5, Pass Block -1.1, Run Block +2.4

Jon Harrison: Overall +1.2, Pass Block -1.4, Run Block +2.5

Thanks, everybody killed it in run blocking including Castonzo, but the Bengals were weak in run defense so it was kind of expected

I'm curious as to what RJF's grade is on the season....He's looked disruptive to me.

The funny thing is, that he has a +2.5 (highest among 34 DEs) grade in coverage, despite not taking having a single coverage snap (meaning he's making a ton of plays sniffing out screens and tackling RBs in the flat)

Before this game I was musing to myself that Mewhort and Thornton are the only OGs we've got worth a dang in run blocking.  Then, the positive pass-blocking grades and negatve run-blocking grades we've been seeing since game # 4 on the interior of the line suddenly reversed themselves when we got both Mewhort and Thornton back in there...