Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mameluc

Free agents ---- Mameluc first crack at it :)

20 posts in this topic

hey guys...i was just thinking...what would you say of the following FA:

Defense:

Jaryus Bird (Move Bethea to SS)

Keenan Lewis

Randy Starks Or Alan Branch deppending on Starks health/money

OL:

Andre Smith

Kevin Boothe

Donald Thomas

I just dont see Telesco letting go of Vasquez... Kevin Boothe can play both G or C so if the team believes in AQ/satelle he can fight the other G spot. 

Andre smith i know he has some questons, but the guy is one of the premiere RT of the game, and we have nice locker room...im taking a leap of faith here, that our guys will control him but man he would improve our running game pretty nice. 

And donald thomas he should come cheap and he played well when given the chance IMO. not really known because patriots OL rocks but when either of their G went down he stepped up

I'd want better OGs.

sure me too...but who? honestly i dont see vasquez coming, who else? Levitre? i guess maybe...

I see Vasquez far more viable than Byrd and Smith. Cincy has a ton of cash available and the Bills will likely franchise Byrd if they can't come to terms...just can't see the bills allowing the best FS in the nfl to walk.

Randy Starks is a good call though

I see Vasquez far more viable than Byrd and Smith. Cincy has a ton of cash available and the Bills will likely franchise Byrd if they can't come to terms...just can't see the bills allowing the best FS in the nfl to walk.

Randy Starks is a good call though

probably right on Byrd..but i think Cincy might let him go because of off field stuff?

edit...does Bills hav the cap? dont they have some guys and will have to let someone walk

my second crack at it:

Louis Vasquez (thx Blood :))

Boothe (see Original post)

Will Beatty

DL: Randy Starks / Alan Branch

Keenan Lewis

Goldson

What about Kenny Phillips at SS?

Might be a good option, but he has had some knee issues

probably right on Byrd..but i think Cincy might let him go because of off field stuff?edit...does Bills hav the cap? dont they have some guys and will have to let someone walk

Not sure...I know they have Levitre to sign.....and they have already extended their other starting guard.

Not sure...I know they have Levitre to sign.....and they have already extended their other starting guard.

not sure where Buffalo is at with the cap, but they have some big FA's to juggle: Byrd, Levitre, Rhinehart, Leodis Mckelvin (who we should look at at CB) to name a few...

My guess is that they will let Rhinehart walk at least because they extended Urbik... He has limited experience, but has looked very good on the snaps he's been in, so I think we should look closely at him as well ( My GF's dad is a huge Buffalo fan so I have to watch a lot of their games)

1 person likes this

my second crack at it:

Louis Vasquez (thx Blood :))

Boothe (see Original post)

Will Beatty

DL: Randy Starks / Alan Branch

Keenan Lewis

Goldson

I like this one much better, but don't think Beatty will be an option. He is a LT and will want LT money and I still don't believe for a second that the front office has any questions about Castanzo like many fans seem to have. IMO Castanzo has the makings of a very good LT in the NFL and I think it would be a huge setback for him to move him to RT. Like the rest though.

I like this one much better, but don't think Beatty will be an option. He is a LT and will want LT money and I still don't believe for a second that the front office has any questions about Castanzo like many fans seem to have. IMO Castanzo has the makings of a very good LT in the NFL and I think it would be a huge setback for him to move him to RT. Like the rest though.

i dont question Castonzo either, i just liked Kevin boothe versatility...he can play all over. is like Linkenbach but a much better version of him

not sure where Buffalo is at with the cap, but they have some big FA's to juggle: Byrd, Levitre, Rhinehart, Leodis Mckelvin (who we should look at at CB) to name a few...

My guess is that they will let Rhinehart walk at least because they extended Urbik... He has limited experience, but has looked very good on the snaps he's been in, so I think we should look closely at him as well ( My GF's dad is a huge Buffalo fan so I have to watch a lot of their games)

yea he is another good option IMO. i just guess people just go wtih the big names but there some under the radar guys like Rhinehart and the guy i mentioned,Donald Thomas from the pats

1 person likes this

i dont question Castonzo either, i just liked Kevin boothe versatility...he can play all over. is like Linkenbach but a much better version of him

I didn't mean you, but there are quite a few here that want to move him to RT and IMO, that would be a huge mistake. I like Boothe too, I've mentioned him several times as a cheaper alternative for one of our guard positions. Many seem to want Levitre, but I don't think he'll fit a man blocking scheme and I also don't think Buffalo will let him get away. He's a good fit for their zone scheme.

1 person likes this

I didn't mean you, but there are quite a few here that want to move him to RT and IMO, that would be a huge mistake. I like Boothe too, I've mentioned him several times as a cheaper alternative for one of our guard positions. Many seem to want Levitre, but I don't think he'll fit a man blocking scheme and I also don't think Buffalo will let him get away. He's a good fit for their zone scheme.

yea i guess buffallo has some tough choices to make i mean Levitre, Byrd, Mckelvin and some other guys we might not know. they are in a thight spot right now imo.

Levitre is good so i guess he can adapt to any type of OL but i agree, he seems better suited to their zone than a man power scheme we are trying to implement.

1 person likes this

Totally agree about rinehart...not splashy, but would be a good signing

1 person likes this

I would like to see us get two FA guard between Vasques, Schwartz and Slauson. Draft is deep in OT so i think we can pick up a decent one in 3rd. two of the three FA OG would cost us around 10M if Vasques was one of them.

On defense i would love to see usgo hard for Kruger. he would cost around 8M. we pick up a CB in free agency as Safety is deep in the draft. we try to get either a C Williams, Jenkins or Tolar or someone of that caliber for between 3-4M. Maybe a DT for cheap (2M) and that would pretty much shoots our wad as far as outside FA money goes. 

had forgotten about Schwartz... arent the vikings supposed to resign him

Signing assistant offensive line coach from San Diego isn't exactly earth shattering news, but I would like to optimistically think it might help add a sliver of possibility that it increases our chances at nabbing Vasquez... I just hope we are targeting O-line in free agency, I still say, all things being equal its better financially to draft marquee positions and fill line needs with free agent vets....but there are reasons why I am not an NFL GM lol.

1 person likes this