Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton thought that 2nd OT would have another coin-flip.

Dustin

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - responding to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 24, 2013 - responding to removed post
So you deny that your post was meant to get under peoples skin? 

Your verbiage was so overtly insulting to Manning that one could be quite assured you were just being mean. I don't make posts to be mean. I usually try to make people smile and laugh. I find much more satisfaction in doing so, as opposed to just being a big 'ol meany. 

I mean......I get that he's not your favorite QB, but to call one of the NFL's most prolific passers a "hack"? You're just being silly, brother. 

I Can point out about a million of your post/threads(example:tebow thread.You called him a closet ....) where you didn't "make people laugh,nor smile".

How many people here were SURE there wasnt a kickoff at the start of the second OT...

I wasnt

35 year rabid fan and I would've gotten that one wrong. 

I Can point out about a million of your post/threads(example:tebow thread.You called him a closet ....) where you didn't "make people laugh,nor smile".

Why is that insulting? You have a problem with gays or.....? 20 something year old millionaire football star that is a virgin? That's funny to me. Very funny. I'm actually quite envious of Mr Tebow. Awesome winner of a man. 

I was just sayin....and I did so tongue in cheek. 

I didn't claim that I'm always Mr happy-go-lucky super awesome dude. Try not coming off with all the smoothness of 40 grain sandpaper. You're a little rough, bro. 

Why is that insulting? You have a problem with gays or.....? 20 something year old millionaire football star that is a virgin? That's funny to me. Very funny. I'm actually quite envious of Mr Tebow. Awesome winner of a man. 

I was just sayin....and I did so tongue in cheek. 

I didn't claim that I'm always Mr happy-go-lucky super awesome dude. Try not coming off with all the smoothness of 40 grain sandpaper. You're a little rough, bro. 

Where's your proof about tebow....?What you stated about him is slanderous.Its merely your opinion(wrong,but yours).

We can't deny the facts any longer.The guy has more 1 and done's than anybody else in history.What does that make him?Unlucky?I see that most are sippin' on the jim jones kool-aid.

Eric CREEPER it is! I despise the Jim Jones references..... :bomb: Please try and make a worthwhile reference to the topic.....

I said above.....I was clueless as to the 2nd overtime rules.... :)

We can't deny the facts any longer.The guy has more 1 and done's than anybody else in history.What does that make him?Unlucky?I see that most are sippin' on the jim jones kool-aid.

He has that record because he guided his team to the playoffs almost every season. Oh I cannot count the times his teammates let him down. Yes, there were times he failed. As all QB's do, but when one takes a close look at his PO losses, we can isolate specific examples of players not coming through for the team. 

Vandershank screwed us twice in the playoffs (miami and pitt). 

Not to mention extraordinary mistakes by the O-line and defensive players. 

It seems only logical to me to assert that, given his obvious skill and adeptness at the comeback win, seeing his playoff loss record eludes one to the fact that he's been snakebitten. 

He is supposed to know the rule and they were near the 50 yard line with two timeouts left if nothing was there he should have thrown the ball away, just a bad decision on his part to throw the ball in that situation its that simple

Yes it was. You're right. The bottom line is he shouldn't have thrown that ball. You never throw back across your body when running the opposite direction. Physics is against you. His momentum was going to his right, therefore the momentum of the ball was going to his right. Throwing the opposite way severely reduced the velocity the ball had when it left his hand. Bad technique and bad decision.

Where's your proof about tebow....?What you stated about him is slanderous.Its merely your opinion(wrong,but yours).

I'm not discussing this here. Or anywhere on this forum for that matter. It wanders into an area that is forbidden by forum rules. 

I apologize if you found my comments regarding him offensive. I was merely making am observation. Nobody can deny that his "status" is very very unusual. 

Good point, although I don't think any of us are paid $20m a year to know.....

This is something that a coach should know. As well, I would by default relegate the responsibility of knowing all the ins-n-outs of seldom invoked rules to the coaching staff. Players must know the rules, yes. But this is something of a grey area, as far as general knowledge is concerned. 

I'd like to add to all this that I'm sure Manning would be the first guy to admit his mistake. He holds nobody more accountable than himself.