•  

Photo

12-12-12 is a Big Day for Draft Watchers....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6656 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

Over on ESPN.com, it's a feast of draft information from Kiper and McShay....

The only problem is, it's Premium Insider info.... so, I'm somewhat reluctant to give away stuff...

Anyway...

-- Kiper has his top-25 Big Board (don't ask me why it isn't a top 32 to match a 32-team round?)
-- Kiper also has the top-5 at every position for both Seniors **and** Juniors (very important)

-- McShaw has his top 32 Big Board, but also...
-- His first 1.0 Mock Draft (he has the Colts taking Ansah, the DE from BYU)

Insider info (for ALL sports, not just NFL draft) is $40 for the year. $3.33 a month. Apologies for sounding like I'm shilling for the company -- I'm really not -- I'm just encouraging you to consider it if this is the type of info that you like.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 USAFHoosier

USAFHoosier
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have been wanting to get insider, but I tend to just get my info from other people that have it lol.

#3 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8492 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

mcsahy's board

1 star lotulelei
2 jarvis jones
3 damontre moore
4 chance warmack
5 luke joeckel
6 barkevious mingo
7 manti te'o
8 john hankins
9 bjoern werner
10 sylvester williams
11 dee milliner
12 dion jordan
13 taylor lewan
14 john cooper
15 john jenkins
16 kenny vaccaro
17 sam montgomery
18 alec ogletree
19 ezekiel ansah
20 eric fisher
21 corey lemonier
22 sheldon richardson
23 geno smith
24 justin hunter
25 kawann short
26 keenan allen
27 john banks
28 shariff floyd
29 matt barkley
30 dallas thomas
31 zack ertz
32 tyler eifert

kiper's board has cordarrelle patterson wr tenessee @ 11 and anthony barr olb ucla @ 10....those being the major differences

#4 Playoffs2013

Playoffs2013
  • 775 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I always said Ansah would be a good pick
Sign Avril over Kruger

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Ok I was sitting here doing a mock draft and decided to stop because I am just going to do 1-2 more after the season and combine and with teams records and rankings not set in stone yet its near impossible to tell who will go where although I do have a general idea based on talent AND need

#6 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I never did care for Mcshays mock drafts lol

#7 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4678 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Elam doesn't even make his board but Vaccaro is 16? Smh.
I will delete this when the new Colts win a Super Bowl.

Come on boys, let's get rid of the rest of my sig!

#8 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 6656 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

A couple of inches taller, 12-15 pounds heavier. Even if everything else were equal, the NFL is a ***very*** size conscious league. Very. Just my speculation. I don't know enough on either to know, but it doesn't seem like an unreasonable guess.

#9 Freeupfreeney

Freeupfreeney
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

100% agree. Nevery understood everybodies facisnation with Vacarro. I watch 3 games with vacarro and 4 with Elam, Elam is the better player hands down...but maybe I watched the wrong games. IONO.

#10 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

http://www.sportznut...ensive_line.htm

I found this to be very interesting in regards to what are some things scouts generally look for when evaluating potential oncoming talent

#11 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Elam being 5'10" does not help

#12 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4678 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm sure as Colts fans we all know a SS doesn't have to be tall to succeed, especially when he's a big hitter.

#13 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm sure as Colts fans we all know a SS doesn't have to be tall to succeed, especially when he's a big hitter.

I agree, But being tall and big sure helps when delivering a big punishing hit in terms of it helps the player delivering the hit not get injured himself(obviously it doesn't prevent it completely but it helps when your not short and delivering vicious hits. 5'10" is not TO TO small but I prefer a Safety 6'- 6'2". I like Elam just not enough to pull the trigger on him in the 1st if the chance is there

#14 Nobody

Nobody
  • 4678 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

I agree, But being tall and big sure helps when delivering a big punishing hit in terms of it helps the player delivering the hit not get injured himself(obviously it doesn't prevent it completely but it helps when your not short and delivering vicious hits. 5'10" is not TO TO small but I prefer a Safety 6'- 6'2". I like Elam just not enough to pull the trigger on him in the 1st if the chance is there

Let's agree to disagree then.

#15 BLOODontheTRACKS

BLOODontheTRACKS
  • 8492 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

national football post's russ lande has his 200 top prospects and it is waaay different than most. he use to scout in the nfl, but there is probably a reason he doesn't do it any longer.

#16 Manning1887

Manning1887
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I would be thrilled with Ansah as our pick. Our d-line is not that great. It consists of Redding and a bunch of other guys. Ansah could develop into something.

I would also consider trading down and picking up an extra 3rd round pick if possible. Jonathon Banks, the corner from Mississippi St is the real deal. He has good size and can would be a huge upgrade at the position.

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates