Photo

Arians: Luck has the ability to will his teammates...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

On PTI...

Arians asked who Luck reminds him more of, Peyton or Ben. (I know..kind of stupid question but whatever)

Arians says 50/50. the physicality of Ben, the cerebral of Peyton, blah blah blah.

Then Arians adds that its Luck's ability to will his teammates on to win that makes him great. Not sure if he saw that in Peyton and/ or Ben but this is the one thing I always thought this is what made Peyton special.

Its nice to hear Andrew has this too. Its a rare attribute.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15200 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

To me, that translate to Luck being a great leader. And that comes from a combination of things. He knows his place, but he isn't afraid to assert himself, he works insanely hard to make sure he is ready, he takes blame and deflects praise to his teammates, and he is very talented. You look up and see a guy like Mark Sanchez in the huddle and you can see the effort of the guys around him going down. With Luck, it's the exact opposite and that, in my opinion, is because of leadership. That's what we have with Pagano, Arians, all those guys. The future in Indy is very bright!
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#3 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6535 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

somehow i suspect luck isn't making it rain at pt's showclub

#4 JoKeR

JoKeR

And here...we.. GO...

• 6750 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

I bet Luck would look disgusted and horrified at PT's.

#5 FireJimCaldwell

FireJimCaldwell
  • 6076 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hope he doesn't have a motorcycle.Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 6535 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

have you seen luck's gymnast girlfriend? she looks like a lot more fun than motorcycles & stripclubs

#7 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Andrew Luck will go down as a winner, that much I can already tell.

#8 BleedingBlue

BleedingBlue
  • 1010 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

To me, that translate to Luck being a great leader. And that comes from a combination of things. He knows his place, but he isn't afraid to assert himself, he works insanely hard to make sure he is ready, he takes blame and deflects praise to his teammates, and he is very talented. You look up and see a guy like Mark Sanchez in the huddle and you can see the effort of the guys around him going down. With Luck, it's the exact opposite and that, in my opinion, is because of leadership. That's what we have with Pagano, Arians, all those guys. The future in Indy is very bright!

lol i didn't want to mention sanchez in my OP, but that is exactly what I was thinking.
jets literally have a divided clubhouse that would be unified under other QBs.
Calvin Johnson drops 2 passes in the 4th Quarter? Really?

#9 21isSuperman

21isSuperman
  • Community Moderator
  • 15200 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

He mentions it here too:
http://www.nfl.com/v...fighting-to-7-4
When Bob Sanders executes a push up, he does not push himself up. He pushes the world down.
When Bob Sanders was 12, a cobra bit him in the leg. After 4 days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.
Tom Brady can throw a football pretty far. Bob Sanders can throw Tom Brady even farther.
Please make sure to read the Forum Rules before posting or PM a mod if you have any questions

#10 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Luck is a great leader like every other elite QB in the league. Hopefully he can stay healthy, something Big Ben could never do with his play style.

#11 FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland
  • 654 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

Luck is a great leader like every other elite QB in the league. Hopefully he can stay healthy, something Big Ben could never do with his play style.

I have wondered how much effort that Ben puts in to keeping himself in shape. Looks to me that he
has put on an awful lot off weight over the last couple of years and it doesn't look like muscle.

#12 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4815 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

I have wondered how much effort that Ben puts in to keeping himself in shape. Looks to me that he
has put on an awful lot off weight over the last couple of years and it doesn't look like muscle.

Rapelesburger doesn't care about women, let alone himself.

#13 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Good Evaluation / summation
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#14 Indyfan4life

Indyfan4life

King Optimistic

• 1320 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

They call him Slim Roethlisberger...

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Oct
    Skelly

When I look at the news all I see is sadness, sickness, and complete and utter stupidity. I think I might sign up for the first flight to Mars.

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Bogie

Retro throwback week for Halloween - Mercyful Fate and Black Sabbath. I forgot how fun melodic metal albums were.

Show comments (7)
  • Photo
      24 Oct
    Gabriel Alexander Morillo

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how great of a year Aaron Rodgers is having?

Show comments (6)
View All Updates